“Dated and very tired!!”

The Old Fox Theatre Birmingham
Ranked #586 of 2,376 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Visited here over the wknd, very run down and dated, furniture has seen better days, just a horrible feel to the place. Staff friendly and drink was fine.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were several people waiting in the bar to place our orders, the waiters look at us with desdain. After waiting almost 15 minutes, I left the place Waiters seemed tired.

2  Thank Beto79
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A good old style pub in the city centre , gets you away from all of the modern tappings , serves real ale ( although I drink lager ) the beer is a reasonable price considering its location. Its a comfortable pub that I have been to before and will go to again .

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We returned to Birmingham recently and decided to have a look at what was the Fox Hotel my last visit was in the late 80s at that time the pub had one of the best juke boxes you could ever wish for a brilliant old Victorian bar a healthy mix of theatre goers locals students/alternatives I must say gone are these days the pub was saved from demolition by locals in 1988 when you visit now you may wonder why.when we visited there was only half a dozen in and that was on a Saturday night a quick look round tells you why no laughter no ambiance no atmosphere wont be going back.

1  Thank JulieRhayaderU_K
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have to say that for a long time The fox has been one of my favourite pubs in town. A good mix of people, being both bang opposite the hippodrome and close to the gay quarter, a good juke box ,good beer, fair wine and a great place to people watch sat outside in the summer.. however, i think theowners of the fox have got lazy. The pub is in good need of an overall clean from top to bottom and the toilets are nothing short of a disgrace. Also the food could do with a vast improvement. With a bit of work, The fox could be a fantastic pub. its location is unbeatable. That said, I will still make it my first point of call this evening!