“Great service; not great stock control”
Review of All Bar One

All Bar One
Ranked #143 of 2,346 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 of us arrived at about 5.30 on Thursday at the beginning of June. We ordered drinks which were quickly brought by a charming and efficient waitress who served us very well throughout our stay. The problem was that when we tried to order food, 4 of us were told that they had run out of our choices. We made a second choice, and one of us was told that they had also run out of this. So, 2 people got their 1st choice, 3 got their 2nd choice and 1 had make do with a 3rd choice - much to the embarrassment of the waitress. The food was reasonably good and value for money was fine, but whoever is responsible for ordering ingredients needs to get their act together

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We decided to pop into all bar one for tapas and drinks on Friday I would say "great choice" staff were super helpful happy and willing to serve the tapas was just superb we chose 7 tapas for £32 which we thought was very fairly priced then added the delicious Parmesan chips and nachos as an extra we tucked into chicken mushrooms prawns crab cakes calamari and lots more. Totally delicious food and great place to visit

1  Thank theresa0013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I met with a friend for lunch and we'd decided we wanted pub food. I opted for the Halloumi and mushroom stack and the flavours did not disappoint, although I would have liked more halloumi. My friend had the halloumi wrap which they really enjoyed too, I'd like to try that next time. I think All Bar One is quite pricey and an ongoing gripe of mine is how much restaurants charge for vegetarian food when its so much cheaper than catering with meat. My husband had been with work colleagues the weekend before & said the food was lovely too.

1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Premium bar !!!! Far from it , over priced , poor service and a manager that looks down his nose at you.
Training needed on how to deal with complaints and how to talk to customers who are after all your bread and butter

1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I recently visited Brum for a catch up with old friends and a night out. As an 'older couple' and unfamiliar with the city nightlife, we weren't sure what to expect.

We had a great night in this bar, the atmosphere was lively, fun and the locals were great. The bar is in much more upmarket that some of those on neighbouring streets and the drinks are a little bit more expensive, but that is to be expected - you get what you pay for; a fun bar, with a good crowd, plenty of ales available for me and a fantastic range of cocktails available for the lady.