“Nice food but a bit pricey”
Review of Dionysos Greek Restaurant - CLOSED

Dionysos Greek Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The aim of our restaurant is to provide to our customers the best service & a relaxing evening. 95% Of our products are home made cooked daily. We do focus on the quality of our food. Our cuisine is consisted of Greek Authentic home made food. For many of you who have travelled in Greece, you should know about GYROS Wraps or Souvlaki Wraps! For those who have not try this yet, we think it is time to give it a go!
Reviewed 15 March 2014

After a quick google for a Greek restaurant we decided to give this place a go. Firstly, to say this is a restaurant is a little bit of an exaggeration in my opinion, as it's more of a take away with a seating area. Maybe it has more of an atmosphere if full, but we arrived at 8pm on a Friday evening to find only two other tables occupied. We ordered three starters and one main course to share between two. Unfortunately the Kleftiko had to be send back as it was cold, but the other dishes were nice. We decided to take the returned (now hot) Klefliko away with us as we had then eaten all the rice and other dishes. We finished off with one. Desert and in total had two drinks (one beer and one coke).... Total bill £49, so not cheap by any means. One BIG MOAN is they only accept cash, so I had to go off on a hike up the high street to find a cash point....WHY NOT TELL PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARRIVE..... It's 2014 not 1914 !!!!. So, would I go back? Probably not. Whilst the food was quite nice, at their prices there are just too many much better restaurants available. In summary, nice food but charge restaurant prices for Cafe / Take Away surroundings.

3  Thank Stu E

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I ordered a takeaway after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I have eaten Greek food in many places in this world and at many very good Greek Restaurants in Birmingham.

This was very average.

The Dolmas were sour I have never tasted Dolmades like these. I would guess they came out of a tin as they were also very Salty.

The main course of Lamb Kleftiko was overdone and it seems to have been thrown into the foil wrapping along with the vegetables.

The baklava desert was OK.

It was delivered on time and there was no delivery charge.

I did say over the phone that if I enjoyed the food I would visit with my wife, you've guessed it we will not be visiting this establishment.

This is not the first time I have been disappointed after reading a review on Trip Advisor. I wonder some tomes if the reviews are written by the owner or some one they have asked to write a good report. I wonder.

1  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I visited the restaurant last weekend and I never forget the food! The quality was perfect as well as the service of the very friendly personnel! The price is very good compared to the quality. It is rare to find a place such this one, I will definitely visit it every weekend.

3  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've become a regular visitor. The food is delicious. Great starters as well as mains which are quite big! The staff is very polite and helpful and they have a perfect knowledge of the whole menu. I had gyros which was very good and a kleftiko. The quality of the food is remarkable. Lastly about drinks we had retsina and mythos which was great as some of us wanted wine and some beers.

Overall great experience. Always looking forward for some gyros!

2  Thank Adonis K
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've been trying for several years to find a proper restaurant serving the traditional Greek Gyros, and i was really happy when a friend of mine introduced me to this new restaurant in Birmingham!
When I arrived there, the staff was warm welcoming and made me feel comfortable at the first place! Good costumer service combined with great food- will make this new restaurant reach on a very high level! Will defo go back there again!

1  Thank maria p