“Go there...even if you aren't veggie”
Review of The Warehouse Cafe

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #17 of 2,206 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
“Go there...even if you aren't veggie”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Came to Birmingham in search of the Christmas Market and as my partner is veggie we decided to look for a veggie restaurant and The Warehouse just came up and boy are we glad we did.

Just fantastic food. I had the nut roast which was just beautiful wholesome food. My mum had an ordinary burger and my partner's mum had special cheese and mushroom burger, whilst my partner had a wrap. We both had lovely cordials as well.

Just go. Its sooo worth it.

3 Thank AShaw567

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Im in love with this restaurant”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

What can I say about this place. In one week I went 3 times its so amazing. I have taken meat eaters there and they have left so happy they have returned without me. Just writing this review is making my mouth water lol Anthony one of the managers has got to be one of the nicest people ever he and the chef always accomodate me and my children everytime ive been here I'm surrounded by happy smiling satisfied people I defo recommend anyone to come here give it a go

2 Thank mommiemeeks
UK
“Amazing find”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor.
The food was superb, the staff friendly and accommodating.
The vegetarian menu has so much to choose from at realistic prices.
No licence but take your own and no corkage.
Would we go back - oh yes definately.

2 Thank LornaG14
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A lovely, heart warming place AND great food”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We love warehouse precisely because, as the owner said in his response to a review below, it makes us very happy to eat there. In fact, having been in the past a lot, it was only through Tripadvisor that we realised the restaurant had reopened. On this occasion we had a great meal - fantastic ingredients prepared with care so you could still taste them. The new simpler menu works very well and everything is beautifully presented. Service is very friendly as well as being very efficient and swift - perhaps helped by the menu. We like that we can take our son, not always really an option at some more expensive restaurants.

We've eaten at many fine dining restaurants in the past, and still do where we know the restaurant, but this is where we eat in Birmingham. We agree with the owner's response - Tripadvisor is about sharing the places that make us happy and fulfilled through food and good company - on that score, Warehouse thoroughly deserves to be at the top of the ratings.

1 Thank David C
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Meat eaters welcome :-)”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Myself and around eleven other people had an all day meeting near this venue and were recommended to try The Warehouse Cafe. I won't lie we really were not sure what to expect as a group of people that eat meat on a daily basis and I don't think any of us had ever eaten a nut burger before! We were asked for a pre-order which was not a problem, there was a slight hitch as a few people wanted soup of the day but no one from the cafe answered the phone so we decided to skip starters (if we had known the flavour of the soup we would have ordered as it looked lovely when we saw some coming out the kitchen- this is something they could work on).

So our food arrived quickly after we got there, we had a mix of wraps and burgers which were all very nice and tastey. The only thing we were not to happy about was that the other tables around us seemed to have larger portions of wedges then we did (one of had a grand total of four) we did fell that was because we were a bigger table. However I don't want to mark down in stars as the food was really nice. It had a nice homely feel inside and was close to put meeting venue.

Our two waitresses were really nice and because of this we left a very good tip (this was out of our own pocket as our work will not pay for tips so shows how good it was).

Would I come here again? I'm not sure to be honest as the location is not somewhere I would want to walk to or from in the evening. I would maybe come here again when we have another meeting but would hope to get the same portions as other customers.

2 Thank Jamie B