“A great little hidden venue!”
Review of The Warehouse Cafe

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #18 of 2,207 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
England
“A great little hidden venue!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Visited this place with a friend. Had a lovely three course meal consisting of falafel, veggie fish and chips and a vegan choc brownie. Was all very delicious. Remember this place is a bring your own alcohol. Also the restaurant can be a bit hard to find as its in a quiet back street.

2 Thank bekz

Leicester, United Kingdom
“At last - a vegetarian restaurant with creativity and imagination!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A group of friends went to this cafe, some of whom are normally meat eaters. The whole experience was uplifting, different, and delicious! It is often difficult to find decent veggie options in many 'normal' outlets so it was refreshing to try new recipes and food combinations, all of which went down very well with each of us, including the carnivores. Would highly recommend this place to all palettes. The 'not for profit' ethos means that the staff are genuinely passionate about what they are doing, are interested to talk to their customers and cannot do enough for them. Inspirational and definitely worth repeat visits at a reasonable cost too. 10 ot of 10.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank knapsta
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Outstanding food, cosy surroundings and a prompt and friendly service. The Warehouse Cafe has all that and so much more. The meal I had on 10th December was, quite simply, the best food I have ever eaten in this country. The Christmas menu is one long list of delicious dishes and I opted for Red and Blue - a sublime port and stilton pate followed by Sundried tomato and lentil sausages with a wholegrain mustard mash. Both were outstanding; the pate looked like a ball of apple sorbet... it tasted divine and my main course managed to be Winter comfort food and yet stylish at the same time. I only have one regret that because we were going to a concert we didn't have time for dessert. Thank you - we will return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joanna D
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I went to this cafe for the first time last week. Being a non-vegan i was a little apprehensive but we took out own bottle of wine and the food and desert was great. Nice and cosy and inviting and the staff were friendly and helpful, I will definitely be going back.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LeaBee21
“Go there...even if you aren't veggie”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Came to Birmingham in search of the Christmas Market and as my partner is veggie we decided to look for a veggie restaurant and The Warehouse just came up and boy are we glad we did.

Just fantastic food. I had the nut roast which was just beautiful wholesome food. My mum had an ordinary burger and my partner's mum had special cheese and mushroom burger, whilst my partner had a wrap. We both had lovely cordials as well.

Just go. Its sooo worth it.

3 Thank AShaw567