“Great surprise!”

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #19 of 2,252 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great surprise!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not a vegetarian and we went as a group of 7 with 1 vegetarian. The food was delicious with some really unique options. Good value, would definitely go again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank zanteee2010

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

this place opens at 5:30 and as we were going to the theatre we booked a table for that time
there is a doorbell which it says you can ring between 5 and 5:30 as the door is locked
it was very cold, windy and raining, it was 5:25 so we rang the bell
twice ! oh dear
we were berated by a ginger girl who made a sarcastic comment about not getting a quicker
response by ringing the bell twice, so it wasnt a great start to the evening

obviously a good veggie choice with some dishes we hadnt had before
apparently the veggie fish(haloumi) and chips were very good
overall ok, not the best veggie restaurant we have visited, the owner was friendly
and informative
dont know if I would go back though

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank tosherinp60
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my non-veggie husband as I've never been, well what can I say, it was amazing, the food was really really good, service was quick and very friendly and my husband was very happy with his burger and went on to tell his friends what a great place it was ;-) we look forward to visiting again soon x

2 Thank Kelly E
England
“A good meal out”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have just returned from a meal at the Warehouse. The starters were really nice and we enjoyed them but the main course was just okay. We all had burgers and were not very impressed with the shop bought nachos that came with them. When we used to visit before the restaurant changed hands the nachos were home made so we were a bit disappointed with the shop bought variety. The service was mostly good but they were a bit slow with the mayo etc.

They need to improve the furniture and lighting as it's uncomfortable and the spotlights are awful.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Trudiwr
England, United Kingdom
“Veganism made mainstream”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have been wanting to visit here for ages and today we finally made it and believe me, I won't be leaving it so long til my next visit! Being vegan and gluten free and eating out can be tough and I've got used to having chips or a bowl of vegetables but here, I had choice a plenty. A good amount of vegan choice or dishes that could be made vegan, which was appreciated. A few more vegan and gluten free would go down brilliantly but that is me being greedy! Quite honestly though, it was superb - service was fantastic, incredibly attentive staff and just the right amount of space to create a fantastic atmosphere; anymore I would worry it would lose the "vibe". Whilst we were there, there was such a mixture of people and all ages which all helped to create a real buzz and the turnover of tables was high but you didn't feel rushed to eat up and leave, which is always appreciated. I can't recommend the cafe more and I am looking forward to trying out the evening menu :)

• Visited March 2014