“who needs meat?”

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #16 of 2,206 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
“who needs meat?”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Every meatless ounce of this restaurant was superb. We were really excited to go for our first meal here and it won't be too long before we make our way back!

Our food left us feeling stuffed (in a good way) and with smiles on our faces. It was delicious. We just wished we had room for another course!

The staff were wonderful and clearly passionate about the work they do. They were attentive, caring and friendly. Exactly what you want from a restaurant team.

I can not recommend this restaurant enough. Go, try something new and enjoy the wonderful food.

• Visited June 2014

cheslyn hay
“delicious meal”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My first visit with my sister who is vegetarian. I am not vegetarian and was a little unsure, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The waiter was very friendly and welcoming, showing us the menu and telling us the specials of the day. I ordered the tomato bruchetto to start, followed by fish fingers
(halloumi) wedges and salad. T finish of I had Kiesslers` pudding (chocolate mousse, advocardo, banana and balsamic cherries. It may have been my first visit but it wont be my last, it was delicious.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“First visit of many :-)”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was so good to go somewhere and have a proper choice of food. The food I had was perfect, kind of comfort food. The waitress was lovely and helpful. Bit off the track in terms of location, and nearly ending up in the cellar was daunting(!), but it is really worth a visit. I will certainly be going back again many times.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SECP7
“Wonderful Warehouse Cafe”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A wonderful experience in a friendly, homely atmosphere.
Food fabulous, tasty, well presented and of an excellent qaulity.
Staff warm, welcoming and proffesional.
Recommend this restaurant for any occasion.
Owner Rob is an excellent chef!
Deb and Paul

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Debbie C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Six of us ventured off the beaten track, away from the buzz of the Bullring dining area, to find the Warehouse Cafe. What a find! As the only vegetarian, I knew I was in for a treat as soon as I read the menu. My five friends are all meat eaters and they felt a little trepidation when faced with unusual dishes. These concerns were soon dispelled as we tucked into veggie fish and chips (battered haloumi, potato wedges and pea purée), flour tortilla filled with refried beans & cheese and delicious veggie burgers. The staff were an absolute delight and helped us to feel welcome. We were also pleased that we could bring our own wine to the restaurant. I will definitely visit this restaurant again and again.

1 Thank Simon E