“Best Meal out in years”

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #19 of 2,275 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The whole place is amazing décor people and food get 10/10. Lovely atmosphere, Great service amazing vegan burgers and a chocolate cake to die for.
Please try this place, worth the visit.

4  Thank Joanna T
There are newer reviews for The Warehouse Cafe

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Probably visit 5 times a year and I've always had a great experience. Great vibe (love the local artwork on the walls) fantastic and diverse food, friendly efficient service and great value.

2  Thank Victoriag1986
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Though this is in a bit of a ropey area and not the easiest to find I would really recommend it. I echo the reviewers who say not to be put off by the immediate location. The environment is relaxed and friendly, so great as a lunch spot as a break from some hard shopping. We aren't vegetarians, (I'm an avid carnivore) but love a good vegetarian meal so were really interested to try it.

The service was very attentive and appropriately friendly (when they saw I had an iPad all the staff at some point offered me the wifi code). We had an ingredient missed off one of the meals but they sorted it really quickly without fuss.

We weren't hungry enough for starters though they sounded great. I had a piri piri burger, my partner had a bulgar wheat salad with halloumi. I don't think they do alcohol, but it might be byob, not sure. Instead we had some delicious fresh watermelon juice with summer berries. The food was great, and my burger was delicious. I couldn't tell what went into the burger but it was a fantastic alternative to beef. Having it topped with seared mango was especially tasty. My partner's salad could have been a bit more substantial (even with the extra halloumi), though had we not split the wedges, we may have had space for a dessert or starter.

We've recommended this place to a few people and we'd be more than happy to go back.

2  Thank Matt A
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Food was lovely. The waiter gave great recommendations and was very helpful. A really lovely place tucked away in Digbeth.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

You can really taste the quality and the care that has been put into every meal. Really good service.

2  Thank GAGGARWAL