“A brilliant overnight stay with children”

Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had preconceived ideas what this hotel would be like & i am so happy that it was so much better!! The check in was quick & friendly & the room was big,comfy & spotless. We had a quad room with a double & 2 single beds & it was great. The bed was comfy & the room had all the essentials. We had a drink in the bar & because there was some staff training going on & a confusion on the prices, the lovely manager gave us the round for free. Breakfast was vast & tasty but the stay (Kirsty and Joyce) were SO friendly & helpful. We will definitely return!! Amazing value!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Firstly I'll start by saying our stay was very nice and the service was excellent for the price paid however the whole experienced was soured slightly by what can only be described as a location fiasco!
Firstly when we booked it was for a concert at the 02 Academy therefore I was looking for a nereby hotel. The Postcode on the website for this hotel is B2 4NH, which according to Maps is the near the Mailbox. I know Birmingham very well and didn't know of a PI there but it said it was new so I just went with it.
The night before I was staying in the Mailbox, so had parked my car in the Mailbox car park and we thought we'd walk to the Premier Inn as the directions said it was next door! Then I receive a text from PI saying the Postcode is actually B5 4AF! So I put that into Maps and it says it is not next door but over the road. Confusing but fine as it is still very close. We check out of the Mailbox in search of the Premier Inn, we go round the block several times before realising there is no PI at all!! Panic starts to set in, we double check the website and it insists it is B2 4NH.

Fortunately we bumped into someone who works in Birmingham and tells us it is actually near the Pallasades (a good 7-8 minute walk away!). It was that far away from where we'd been told twice by two different postcodes that I didn't believe that it was our hotel and thought it'd just be another branch! It was very confusing

When I got upto the Reception I expressed my concerns and to double chech I was staying there I was just told "yeah sometimes it gives out our car park postcode" which again doesn't make sense as I know if I had heavy luggage and didn't know my way around the city they'd be no way I'd be able to actually find out where the hotel was. Surely there is a nearer car park?

Just be warned that if you are staying here the postcode isn't B2 4NH or B5 4AF but it is actually B2 4YP (why they say they're near the Mailbox on the website is beyond me because they're not)

Other than that fine

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Well I had read all the reviews and not much more I can add -Got "lost"trying to find the place the road past was blocked off and walked what seemed like miles from an "expensive car park(overnight charge)
I really think that those travelling by car need to be advised closest park which is the CHEAPEST as the cost does push up the bill....
Room and hotel new and first class_Liked the lift and room door security arrangements--no phone in the room may be a problem if an emergency.
Now must comment on what I have read about Kirsty and Joyce at breakfast--wow really made me feel welcome but most of all made me aup a goody bag for my lunch--wow wow and thanks

Room Tip: Room first floor-no noise as I gather so are the higher ones
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Jast back from a short stay and I have to say the service was exceptional. Rooms were spotless, beds very comfortable, breakfast was delicious and all the staff were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Second stay at the hotel and it was superb. The team could not do enough for us. The breakfast staff are fantastic and I will definitely be retuning.

The location is superb and the rooms new, clean and spacious. The bar is compact and well managed. The reception staff friendly. Well done

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Up to the usual Premier Inn high standards of decor, bedroom comfort, cleanliness and breakfast. Excellent staff, friendly & helpful. Great city centre location, right by the train station. They let us check in really early, no problem. The breakfast team, Joyce & Kirsty, were brilliant, they couldn't do enough for everyone. It was quiet at night even though it's in the city centre, although we were quite high up the building.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and found the new hotel exceptional value. Its brand new, the beds are wonderful, Thanks Lenny Henry, your right about a good nights sleep.

Hotel is very convenient for the city centre and is just above Birmingham New Street Station.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple