Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Never stayed at a Premier Inn before and only booked this as no room at our first choice. The previous reviews gave me some confidence that all would be ok and it was. The hotel was clean, functional and very good value. The exterior - almost next to New Street Station isn't very attractive and finding somewhere to park is a pain but this hotel is really very nice. We had a family room booked with breakfast. Breakfast itself is excellent. Cereals are Kellogs , yogurt Yeo , coffee Costa and all the hot and cold dishes were of very good quality. The restaurant is a well decorated comfortable space - special mention to our waitress Joyce who went above and beyond to welcome guests and ensure we had everything we needed. Would return and recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

very comfy budget hotel great food and outstanding dining room staff, well worth going to ( FANTASTIC ) a great location very close to allm shopping a very clean hotel with very wellcoming staff , a trip to the restaraunt is a must

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here on Monday night with two friends. We had a fabulous stay. The staff could not have been more thoughtful. We had a great night's sleep, although there was major building work outside. I am a very light sleeper but the double glazing was very effective. We had cooked breakfast which was very good and served at our table

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel has only been open a few months.As usual,it is up to their usual standard,The staff are rreally very nice and so helpful.I think they must have a really good training programme.The young lady in the restuarant,Kersti,is an absolute delight,so good with everyone,and so nice to any children present,nothing to much trouble for her.So well done Kersti.The hotel is very clean and so so quiet,especially as it is in the centre of the city.I will be staying again when I visit the theatre,as it is so close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had preconceived ideas what this hotel would be like & i am so happy that it was so much better!! The check in was quick & friendly & the room was big,comfy & spotless. We had a quad room with a double & 2 single beds & it was great. The bed was comfy & the room had all the essentials. We had a drink in the bar & because there was some staff training going on & a confusion on the prices, the lovely manager gave us the round for free. Breakfast was vast & tasty but the stay (Kirsty and Joyce) were SO friendly & helpful. We will definitely return!! Amazing value!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Firstly I'll start by saying our stay was very nice and the service was excellent for the price paid however the whole experienced was soured slightly by what can only be described as a location fiasco!
Firstly when we booked it was for a concert at the 02 Academy therefore I was looking for a nereby hotel. The Postcode on the website for this hotel is B2 4NH, which according to Maps is the near the Mailbox. I know Birmingham very well and didn't know of a PI there but it said it was new so I just went with it.
The night before I was staying in the Mailbox, so had parked my car in the Mailbox car park and we thought we'd walk to the Premier Inn as the directions said it was next door! Then I receive a text from PI saying the Postcode is actually B5 4AF! So I put that into Maps and it says it is not next door but over the road. Confusing but fine as it is still very close. We check out of the Mailbox in search of the Premier Inn, we go round the block several times before realising there is no PI at all!! Panic starts to set in, we double check the website and it insists it is B2 4NH.

Fortunately we bumped into someone who works in Birmingham and tells us it is actually near the Pallasades (a good 7-8 minute walk away!). It was that far away from where we'd been told twice by two different postcodes that I didn't believe that it was our hotel and thought it'd just be another branch! It was very confusing

When I got upto the Reception I expressed my concerns and to double chech I was staying there I was just told "yeah sometimes it gives out our car park postcode" which again doesn't make sense as I know if I had heavy luggage and didn't know my way around the city they'd be no way I'd be able to actually find out where the hotel was. Surely there is a nearer car park?

Just be warned that if you are staying here the postcode isn't B2 4NH or B5 4AF but it is actually B2 4YP (why they say they're near the Mailbox on the website is beyond me because they're not)

Other than that fine

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Well I had read all the reviews and not much more I can add -Got "lost"trying to find the place the road past was blocked off and walked what seemed like miles from an "expensive car park(overnight charge)
I really think that those travelling by car need to be advised closest park which is the CHEAPEST as the cost does push up the bill....
Room and hotel new and first class_Liked the lift and room door security arrangements--no phone in the room may be a problem if an emergency.
Now must comment on what I have read about Kirsty and Joyce at breakfast--wow really made me feel welcome but most of all made me aup a goody bag for my lunch--wow wow and thanks

Room Tip: Room first floor-no noise as I gather so are the higher ones
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo