Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Excellent 5/5
        2,077 results
        All reviewstrain stationcity centrenew streetthyme restaurantnew st stationarriving by trainexcellent locationmeal dealchristmas marketshopping tripbreakfast staffbull ringgood nights sleepnight's sleepgerman marketexcellent staycomfortable room
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 27 February 2014

Premier Inns are always good value but this one has the edge when it comes to staff service. The restaurant and reception staff are better than many 5 star hotels I have stayed at and this counts for a lot in my view!

My other half had an evening meal there and said it was excellent. Costa coffee and 'bikkie' half the price of Costas too!

You will have to take your own shampoo and conditioner but that's it! They provide everything else

We stayed two nights and although we had a bit of a problem the second night with noisy air conditioner, the staff dealt with it promptly, nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend unreservedly! Excellent location too, !

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Once found - that is a slight challenge, and frustrating when you can see it but can't get to it - a good experience. I was on the 6th floor, and the views across the city were actually lovely! I would certainly suggest requesting a higher floor (there are 7) as despite being exceptionally central, next to the Bullring and New St station, it was really quiet - no traffic noise, street noise etc. Ok, it was a Tuesday night, but even still, there were plenty of people around when I went back to the hotel at around 10.

Hotel is pretty new, and fixtures and fittings in the rooms showed this. Functional room, clean and tidy, really what you expect, although I think £90 for a PI is a bit OTT outside central london.

Don't take the Breakfast option - way too expensive in my opinion - use the McDonalds right by the front door! There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants serving breakfast within a very short walk.

Overall, if you need a central Brum location, close to New St (and Moor St which I used), at an ok price (in fairness I booked at short notice, and the other hotels I would consider using were more expensive) - then go for it. Just ask for a higher floor (there are lifts) to be sure of no street noise,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I like staying at PI's. They are all very much the same with the exception of the staff and the view out the window. This one got it just right , the right amount of conversation when you booked in and confirming everything had been of when you return the swipe card. The view was great , overlooking the Millenium Square.

I was on the 7th floor which is about 10 floors from ground level As I had not done my daily 3 miles on my cross trainer I used the stairs for my daily exercise. A couple of times up and down the 180 stairs does wonders for the cardio vasculars.

Great nights sleep but I decided to give breakfast a miss as I could not do justice to the 'as much as you can eat menu'

Room Tip: One room is very much like any other. In the event of a fire and not being able to use the lift it is a long way down from the top.
        • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
        Reviewed 24 February 2014

The room was nice, hotel was a bit if a nightmare to find with the works on new street. The breakfast was also nice and the staff were very friendly. Check out was also quick with the prepay method. Well located for getting around central Birmingham.

I would stay again.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Alongside the reliable good standard of accommodation that I have come to expect from a Premier Inn, I was bowled over by the staff in this particular hotel, who were without exception extremely warm and friendly as well as being extremely helpful.

Since I was there for a rather stressful business weekend, I very much appreciated this level of service and couldn't recommend them more.