“Not as good as other Premier Inns”

Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We booked this hotel because it was cheaper to stay here and buy train tickets to the NEC than to stay at the Premier Inn there (which we did last year and had a wonderful experience).

When we arrived, we were shown how to use Express Check In and then left to our own devices.
The room was bigger than expected and very clean, however the bathroom only has single sheet toilet paper dispensers... My partner said the shower was very good. This is the first hotel I've been in where towels in the tub means "please replace".
The mattress was very hard, but the pillows were lovely.

Parking at this hotel is absurdly expensive. You can park overnight for multiple days at various car parks throughout the city for a hell of a lot less.
I was also shocked by the price of a cooked breakfast. There were cheaper options on the dinner menu. You are much better off wandering into Birmingham to find yourself some tasty food. There is also a McDonalds next door.

When it came to check out, we were just asked for our room number, and that was that.

Overall, the service was non existent, parking and breakfast were ridiculously expensive and the mattress was hard, but I will still choose Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChrissiTaylor
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Just came back from business trip. We received a very warm welcome. Room was very clean and bed very comfy. Facilities were very good. We purchased the meal deal for the two days we were there and were happy with the menu options and the food was good. I'd like to say a big thanks to Kirsty, Ashley and Declan who really looked after us at meal times. Excellent service. Thank you

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My first stay at Premier Inn New Street Station. This is a new Premier Inn located behind New Steet Station, 5 minutes from the station concourse. This is great if you are arriving by train, and and very close to all the main shopping streets and Bullring and Gay Village.The location is a real benefit close to everything.

As expected from Premier Inn I had a very good nights sleep.All rooms have air-conditioning, so I would expect a comfortable nights sleep any time of year.
I had a room on second floor facing the main street (Stephenson Street), the room was well insulated from any noise outside.
Friendly check in staff member helped me with the new self service check in machines. I did't use the retuarant for breakfast. However, I have another 2 stays here in the next 2 months so I am sure I will check this out, and glad I've booked back into this hotel after my recent stay.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the main street (second floor), the hotel room was well insulated from any exter...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First time to use this hotel and stayed 3 nights from 27th March. I travel to Birmingham a lot and have used most hotels, I had indicated another hotel in another review as the best in the city centre but my mind has been changed after a lovely 3 day break in this very new hotel.

Easy check in which is self service but a very pleasent young lady was on hand to assist with check in. The room was lovely which you would expect for a new hotel. Very spacious with tea making facilities and a fair sized bathroom. The bar is also very nice with good prices, for Irish travelers, the only place in Birmingham that I have found with Budweisser on draught (smiles). The resturant is very well laid out and the breakfast has everything you would need. The staff at breakfast time are just fantastic and a credit to the hotel.

We had not booked breakfast as part of out room deal but the service and breakfast was so good, we had breakfast in the hotel on all 3 mornings. Its £5.25 for the continental breakfast and £8.25 for the all you can eat breakfast including the hot food. What I would do is advise not to book breakfast with your deal as there is no saving by doing that in advance (they should consider even a small reduction if booked in advance), by not booking, you just decide on the morning which breakfast you may want.

As a regular visitor to BIrmingham, I will only stay here now in the future.

Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishDave
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just back from overnight trip to Birmingham. Have stayed at thei Premier Inn before and had no issues with it. Thsi stay was even more comfortable than before. I know all the rooms are standard but when on your own I find this reassuring. Everything about the room was as it says in the adverts - had comfortable relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic staff at this hotel. Friendly and welcoming even though very busy, nothing was too much effort for them. Special thank you to Declan and Joyce for all your help and kindness. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was lovely, large comfy bed, modern look, very clean, tea and coffee, air conditioning easy to operate. It was quiet as promised , so a good nights sleep. The hotel was very secure with a key needed for the lift operation. The reception was quick and efficent. Dinner , the food was ok though the burger was on a small plate and I lost quite a bit of it 'overboard' . The food and wine were very reasonably priced, the service was slow though breakfast service was fantastic even if the food was a bit cold, it was like being at your mum's ! I should have told them as I know they would have replaced the cooked breakfast - me being British ! it wasn't cheap at £80 for one person B & B booked in advance on line , ok if there were two of you but I noticed a lot of single business people, a reduction in the price for one would be an incentive that said it was worth the price . I would stay again if I had the money, if I stayed a lot I would probably have to go for somewhere cheaper . Very good for a visit to the city, literally 2 mins walk from New Street station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business