“New hotel in very central location. Good for rail travellers”

Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a new hotel and in good condition overall. Even though it is next to New St station and there are roadworks around, it is reasonably quiet even on the lower floors. The windows do not open at the front, and you have to rely on air conditioning. It is a typical Premier Inn - basic and OK. The room could have done with slightly better cleaning - there were hairs in the bath when I arrived. Otherwise it was fine. The staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfasts are typical hotel English breakfasts,and self-service but with a choice of eggs prepared by the kitchen if required.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the annoying 'ping' of the lift.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BirminghamNS, Receptionist at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hello Nigel B,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, will you be able to email us at birminghamcitycentrenewstreetstation.pi@premierinn.com with your reservation number regarding the hairs you found in the bath as this needs to be investigated by our management team as our rooms are normally spotless and we have to find out why your room wasn't up to standard.
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our team to be helpful and friendly, I will pass the comments onto them

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We ( 2friends) stopped here as we were taking our daughters to the NEC to see Little Mix. The Hotel was so convenient as we just stepped off the train into the hotel! The staff were very helpful and friendly and the rooms clean and very quiet, which was surprising given all the things going on outside the window.
Food in the restaurant was amazing - I had salmon - and much better than I would have thought from a hotel chain. The girls had the kids menu and couldn't eat everything as the starters were so big!
Kirsti and Joyce greeted us at breakfast and they were lovely. We felt very well looked after.
We would definitely stay here again.

The Only downfall was that I hate lifts so had to take the 6 flights of stairs a few times -good exercise though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahjw2301

Hello sarahjw2301,
Thank you for your gleaming review, were so lucky to be positioned right next to new street station, and even though outside our hotel the tram lines are being put down, you can’t hear anything when in our rooms. Like you said the food in our restaurant is well worth a try and I will pass on your lovely comments to our restaurant team and chefs.
Next time you stay just ask if we have any rooms available on any of the lower floors and we'll do our best to help because even though you can get some good views from the 6th floor, 6 flights of stairs is enough to take the breath out of anyone.
Hopefully we will see you again soon,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I took my mum and daughter to Birmingham on a shopping trip and decided to stay at this hotel. I am a frequent flyer of this chain and I go to the hotel in Westfield Stratford , London very often, we are there again this weekend lol. On this occassion we had a great time, the hotel was amazing as usual but I have got to say a MASSIVE thankyou to two ladies who made our trip so fantastic. They work in the restaurant and are named JOYCE AND KIRSTY. These two ladies should be running the chain!!!!. They were so professional and they looked after us fantastically. They were so friendly and helpful to everyone and as it was a school holiday the restaurant was packed but it didn't seem to faze them. Great hotel but fantastic staff. Will definitely be making another trip xx

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Joan D,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, being in the heart of the city centre means were in the perfect position for you to go shopping with the bullring about 5 minutes away. I will pass your lovely comments onto Joyce and Kirsty, they will be over the moon with what you’ve said about them.
See you again soon,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very good standard at a sensible price is what I've come to expect from Premier Inn whilst travelling with work. This hotel was no exception. Good location, friendly staff, clean and it got a good night's sleep - all I could ask for really.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Hugh K,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, like you said our hotel has it all; location, good price, friendly staff and its clean. I’m glad you slept well and enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming on check in and the rooms were all nicely decorated. The city centre location was also perfect for us. If we stay in Birmingham again then we will book here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BirminghamNS, Receptionist at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Babs_the_Rose,
Thank you for your lovely review, Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and il pass your kind words onto the team, hopefully we will see you again soon

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I came to this hotel yesterday and was pleasantly surprised on how welcoming the staff were and also it was lovely to see them having a fund raising day that Claire a lovely member of staff helped me find out about it was nice not to be hurried away even though they are very busy..I arrived early for my stay but this wasn't a problem as Claire and Ben came to my assistance and took my luggage for me and directed me to where I could have a coffee and a sit down while I waited.I also needed some assistance to find a few places around the bullring which Claire helped me with you have a fantastic team on reception keep up the good work and good luck with all your fund raising.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
BirminghamNS, Jessica at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Sassy M,
Thank you for your lovely review, Claire has recently became one of our fundraisers for our nominated charity Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and as a company we are raising money to build the Premier Inn Clinical Building which will allow the hospital to treat up to 20% more children. So every penny counts. Im glad our reception team helped you with everything you needed, we're there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so if you need anything just let us know and we'll do our best to help
Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here in march and had a lovely time. I'm a paraplegic and use premier inns a lot, as I know I'll always get what I asked for. Joyce, a lovely server at breakfast really relished and enjoyed doing her job and making is feel at home. We will be back again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Laura M,
Thank you for your gleaming review im really glad you and your mum enjoyed your stay with us back in March. Joyce at breakfast is truly one of a kind treating everyone like they are family
See you again soon Laura.