“Excellent Central Location, great for both Long + Short stays, Recommended”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My first IHG hotel group Staybridge suites brand stay. Was really good, budget price and worth far far more to me IMHO
As IHG Platinum, upgraded on booking room in reception to Junior Suite. Rooms are priced ex VAT, as if you stay 28days, no VAT is payable as long term rental setup here. For shorter stays remember 20% vat is due.

Really central location, just off main city centre street 'Corporation Street' and a short walk everywhere one wants to go, including New Street Railway Station.

I was driving and hotel has 24hour discount rate with the two nearby NCP carparks, £8 instead of £24, much appreciated by me. Hotel marks your ticket in hotel machine before you leave. I try to include such savings in my total price/night, so with a car, that kinda knocks £16 off nightly rate in my book definitely a further rate/price reason to stay at this Staybridge which was already great rate value.

Had 2-room Studio/Junior Suite on high floor. Not overlooked by other buildings which I always prefer, separate bedroom, bthroom + combined living room and kitchen area.
Nice double bed, pillows, bath towels etc. TV in bedroom with wide channel choice, no Skysports/Eurosports but had BT-sports not that I watched.
Loads of lighting and powerpoints throughout, and reasonable speed wifi included along with some breakfast

Living room has another Flatscreen TV, 2-seat sofa, nice armchair, table, cushions and the kitchen area partitioned in corner is very well equipped, sink, dishwasher, pans/china/glass/cutlery, 2 elec hobs, toaster, kettle, combi microwave grill (real shame not also a convection oven ?? ) and even had washing up liquid/sponges/drying towels provided. For food storage also fridge with icebox.

This Staybridge in great condition, hardly used, not sure when opened, could be very new, or maybe things are replaced frequently, I was very impressed with cleanliness of room, kitchen etc

Checkin easy, friendly and helpful staff. Elevator is room key coded. Small selection of food on 2nd floor reception to buy to heat in room, eg Baked Beans, soups, pasta, and good Sainsburry is just 100m away.

Free breakfast in tabled area on reception level, as finished 9.30 I missed it, and in anycase I could make/have coffee + toast in my own room, which was nice and lazy on a Monday morning.

Really worth staying here just for the very central convenient location, let alone price and option to cook odd meal, breakfast for yourself any time you like.

I will return, depending on my needs, but I also like the less central IHG Crowne Plaza although it would be more per night, but for central location this is the place I will now choose to stay, especially if I have driven here, due to £8/24hr hotels discounted NCP parking rate.

Room Tip: higher floor is better
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you liked our central location. It sounds like you stayed in one of our One-bedroom Suites, which has a separate bedroom and living area. Should you stay with us again, be sure to ask about the possibility of organising a corporate rate, as it may prove worthwhile if you stay with us frequently!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed over for an event at the LG Arena, ideally located for the train, check in was quick and efficent, staff were very polite and welcoming, suite was excellent everything clean ansd shiny it was just a pity we were only staying one night, have recommended Staybridge to all my friends and we will definetly be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for scoring is so highly! It's great to hear you like the concept of Staybridge Suites and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed for a night out in birmingham with friends, which is in an ideal location. Just a short walk from Birmingham New Street station, just a slight let-down that there was no car park.

Check-in was fast and efficient considering there were 7 of us and there were 4 rooms between us. The lady on reception was very friendly and took a genuine interest on why we were visiting.

On arrival to the room I was surprised at the luxury for the amount that we were paying, everything you would need for a weeks stay, let alone just the one night that I stayed. There was also a connecting door between Me and My friends next door. We were automatically allocated rooms next door to each other without having to ask for that to be arranged prior to arriving. Only 1 complaint and that was my remote control wasnt working...but as this wasn't reported to reception I didn't expect it to be resolved, and managed as I wasn't in the room for a large amount of the time. Spacious bathroom with amazing power shower.

On returning to the hotel after our night out, we decided to go to the 24hr convenience store that was located in the reception area and was greeted by 2 very friendly gentlemen, who served us quickly and then wished us well on our way.

One of the best sleeps I have ever had in a hotel. The kingsize bed was amazing and could not be faulted.

The only slight downfall was breakfast...it didn't seem like there was enough staff to cope with the demands of breakfast, and breakfast was very messy and chaotic and didn't seem to be in a logical order.

All in all though a great stay. The amazing definitely outweighed the bad.

I would definitely book to stay her again and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you were impressed with our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a short stay and as this was new to the IHG chain in the city, thought it was well worth a visit.

Location not the best part of Birmingham, set above some empty shops and Poundland.

Car Park close and again a tad shady, £20 per 24 hours.

Check in was great, easy and all the staff were very friendly, helpful and made the hotel experience top class.

The rooms are immaculate, fresh, new and well styled. Kitchen area has all you need, bed very comfortable.

The hotel has a great gym, well equipped with machines and free weights. Sadly the weights seemed to have some bars missing, but there is free water, towels and this place is great for fitness. You will need to request access from reception and have this added to your card.

The Wifi was intermittent in my room, but worked well in public areas.

The Social meet that all Staybridge have on weekday evenings are a great idea. You get a free drink of two and a snack while meeting other guests. This one was lacking a little bit on the social side, and didn't seem to have too much on offer, but they can change day to day.

The most disappointing part of my stay had to be breakfast. I have stayed at all of the Staybridge Suites in the UK and this one fell way short. Dirty cutlery, coffee machine on empty and the choice of anything was so limited. Huge breakfast area had one carton of orange juice for all guests, hot food selection was poor, omelettes halved and halved again. The rest of the options would have put Ainsley Harriot to the test to muster a meal together.

Even from the other IHG brands in Birmingham, there is a lot of competition.

Some things are related to a new hotel, and I'm sure I will try again in the future to see how it develops.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheeksontour
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for leaving such a constructive and informative review on your recent stay with us. We understand that our breakfast service can come under pressure at times, and can assure you that we are looking at ways to improve this going forward. Please note that we do offer a concessionary rate of £8 per 24 hours with the nearby NCP car park, so be sure to get your ticket validated next time you stay with us to reduce the cost! We look forward to seeing you again and hope that we are able to further exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Modern establishment. All hotel rooms should be kitted out like this. Rooms are spacious.

Excellent value for money. Easily accessible. Breakfast was great.

The only downside for me is the lack of an on-site car-park. The NCP is about a 5 min walk away and I didn't feel comfortable lugging my luggage through that stretch. I guess that's what you get for staying in a town centre.

if staying in the future I will take the train rather than drive.

1  Thank Dotz07

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you were impressed with our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, due to being a refurbishment of an existing office block, there was no on-site car park for us to make use of. We are located within 5 minutes' walk of all three main stations in Birmingham; New Street, Moor Street and Snow Hill!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just wonderful! A very short walk from New Street Station, right in the city centre and yet once you're inside you can't hear a thing! The rooms are absolutely excellent value, very modern, with everything you could need for your stay to be found somewhere in the room, and well furnished. The breakfast was delish, scrambled eggs, bacon, beans, a selection of bread, pain au chocolate, jams, spreads, juices, everything you'd want. Also free tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the lounge 24/7, a lovely area with the latest magazines, books, and comfy seating.

Staff were wonderfully friendly, went completely out of their way to help me. Also though I didn't get the chance to make use of it, there's also a large gym area and laundry service. Will definitely be staying here again, to be honest I'm a bit surprised they're not charging more, everything about it has been thought out so well.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Daniel Y, Guest Service Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for leaving such a positive review on your recent stay with us! It's great to hear the Guest Service team made you feel welcome. Staybridge Suites offers a unique experience for guests, as you have your own "home from home" in your suite, but also a pleasant Living Room area that you're welcome to use during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

A lovely, clean hotel/apartment. Great location for city centre/Bull RIng shopping. Very friendly staff. The room was so comfortable and the mini-kitchen area is a great idea although I only used the kettle! Breakfast was basic but more than adequate with good fruit, selection of cereals, DIY toast & some cooked food. Would definitely stay again.

1  Thank BellaghyFiona
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon!