“Perfect for business & pleasure”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Accompanied my partner on a business trip.
Our suite provided lots of room for me to work during the day, I could pop down for a free coffee and a break :-) Kitchen had everything you needed.
Walking distance to the town centre and the Tyne. Great Location!
Evening reception is a great idea! Especially if you are a business traveler.
Breakfast is informal and exactly what you need, sit and relax or grab what you need and go.
Staff were all super helpful!
Great stay will be hard to find anywhere better for the price.

1  Thank Louby81
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear we were able to provide a relaxed atmosphere for you to work in, especially as it's what Staybridge Suites is all about! I will be passing on your positive comments to the Guest Services team.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Birmingham

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Decided to stay here after reading all the reviews. Could not fault it. Immaculate and clean. Good central location. They do a deal to park in the nearest car park cost £8 to park overnight. We stopped over for one night only, within walking distance of Bennets Hill area which is where we went for drinks and something to eat. Entrance is straight across from the massive House of Fraser. Would definitely stop here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mytwopennysworth

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, and it's great to see you chose us based on other TripAdvisor reviews. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Wow, what an amazing place to stay. We stated in a queen size sweet and it was like being in a little studio flat. Everything you have a home was in one room. Very comfortable, very clean. Would certainly stay here again and would also highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank L16AEL

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you were impressed with our hotel and that you would recommend us to others.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was the 1st time I had ever rented an apartment and wow was I impressed. It started from the moment I rang their receiption and spoke to Nick who must have throught I had lost the plot with the amount of questions I fired at him. Ranging from how near to the train station to can I extend my stay during to how close is it to Tesco. He was friendly curteous and made me feel at home right away. In fact I stopped looking for somewhere to sgtay as soon as I came off the phone from him. Staybridge in Birmingham is litterally close to everything. Its a 7min walk to New Street Station and right in the middle of the shops but you would never know it. All rooms are self contained and have absolutley everything you need to stay, down to washing liquid and if there is anything you need they have a selection on site but Tesco's, Morrisons and Sainsbury are all within a 10min walk. Everyday the rooms are cleaned top to bottom. There is a small but well equipped gym and a laundery room where everything is free. The lounge area is bright and cheerful and the staff can not go out of their way enough to assist. If for any reason you need to stay due to someone being in Queen Elizabeth hospital this is ideal. 7min walk to station. 6 min on train. 3 min walk. Perfect. I most certainly will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 2 bed which is ample for up to 4 people
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ruth c
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you Ruth for your wonderful review. I will be sure to pass your comments onto Nick. It's great to hear you liked our hotel and that we provided the perfect 'Home from home' atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent comfy stay at the Staybridge Suites - great location in the heart of Birmingham city centre.

Love the home-like atmosphere, free Wi-Fi, well equipped suites (dishwasher, microwave, cooker, toaster, fridge, kettle, two flat screen TVs etc.) and the social evenings (Tues-Thurs) with free cheese & wine.

Disappointed about the bathroom drainage system thought, as the water spilled everywhere after shower (no bathtub nor cubicle) - water still didn't drain away the next day.

1  Thank leftlegson

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing a "Home from home", and it's great to see this came across to you. It's also great to see you came to check out our Evening Social. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Arrived around 10 at night and check in was a breeze. The rooms are brand new, and consist of a fitted kitchen, bedroom, and big bathroom. The bed was super comfortable, and I had a great nights sleep. The aircon was a bit noisy, but my earplugs meant that I wasn't disturbed.
Complimentary breakfast is excellent, with free newspapers dotted about, and there is also an honesty system in place for drinks and snacks.
After I checked out, I used the facilities to have a pre-meeting before I went on to my main meeting - fantastic facilities for the itinerant businessman.
I would recommend it wholeheartedly, and I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Agammemnon

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Be sure to speak to our Guest Services team next time you stay, as we may be able to organise a corporate rate if you stay with us often!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had an overnight stay here recently. Hotel is very modern (almost new) and the suites are excellently equipped. Small kitchen is handy although I only used kettle but the bedroom itself is of a really high quality.

Extremely comfortable bedding, modern Flatscreen TV and good sized shower room. Literally 5 minutes walk from New Street station so handy if arriving by train.

Will return here.

1  Thank vadougie

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you found our location useful. It will only get better when the new Birmingham Metro is completed in 2015, as the tram will pass right in front of our entrance and there'll be a stop within a 30-second walk!