“Why did I stay anywhere else?!”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Why did I stay anywhere else?!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I travel everywhere on business and these are my top 5 pet hates about 'luxury' hotels:

1 They never have anywhere to plug your phone next to the bed.
2.They have complicated irons attached to iron boards that you need an engineering degree to put together

3 They have 26 million light switches that you can't ever fathom
4 They have rubbish baths
5 They make you wait to sit down for breakfast when you're already late for work
6 They have awful gyms

It's like the guys at staybridge took everything that's wrong with hotels and made it right. Brilliant. If you want a comfortable hotel room, perfect. If you want to cook a meal, you have a fully stocked kitchen, if you want to work out there's a great gym, if you want to charge your phone, there's a socket next to the bed...need I go on?

I still can't believe I found this place at the price - and I've cancelled all my other bookings and I'm staying here. Well done guys...finally somewhere that I Want to stay !

The only (small) suggestion I have would be to keep an eye on reception more. On 3 occasions I was left waiting for someone to come out. I know you have stuff to do, but maybe a camera or some kind of motion detection would help you know when someone is waiting...it can feel a bit like we are disturbing you.

3 Thank joe j
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Joe J, thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear we were able to overcome some of the usual hurdles that luxury hotels face! I will be sure to speak to the Guest Services team to ensure they're at the desk to welcome guests at all times. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

First time visitor to this facility as my usual (Crowne Plaza) was full. It is the quietest bedroom I've had in the middle of Birmingham and I have tried most of the hotels. I was in a one bedroom suite on a corner of the building so both the sitting room area and bedroom were very light. Facilities are excellent in the room and if you were staying the week there is enough gadgets to feel at home. Also with a large Tesco Metro around the corner the self-catering option does not need to be limited to the provisions in the Reception. Will come again.

4 Thank Andrew L
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you were impressed by our facilities and that you appreciated the self-catering aspect of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place is fantasic. In the heart of the city centre.
very elegant
staff (Ranbir in particular) was very helpful and made my stay very comfortable.
Celebrated my partners 40th birthday & he loved it.
very impressed.
Breakfast was ideal.
place is brand new.
Bath tub was the best deep and large.
Our view was beautiful.
I would definately stay here again!!

2 Thank Puja S
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Puja S, thank you for your very positive review. I will be sure to pass your positive comments on to Ranbir and we look forward to seeing you again!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

First time that I have stayed in a Staybridge Suite, must say that I was very impressed. This Hotel is right in the centre, 5 mins from the main line train station, nice warm comfortable, very, very clean Hotel and rooms, which were superb, also with quite a good breakfast which is free.

3 Thank Brian A
Dear Brian A, thank you for your review and scoring us so highly. However, I notice that you've marked us down on 'Service', so would love to hear more from you to see if there's something we could have done to improve this? Feel free to get in touch with my direct either by phone - 01212893636, or email - dan@birmingham.staybridge.com if you would like to discuss this further.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel is great! It's a quite new place, centrally located, with easy access to shops and restaurants. The foyer and reception area are very nice and whilst there is no bar, there are well stocked fridges with a large variety of drinks which you can help yourself to and then pay reception.
The room was superb. Very large, with a big comfortable bed and lovely furnishings. There was an air of quality in the room. In common with all in the chain, there is a comprehensive kitchen set up, should you wish to eat in.
The only downside is lack of onsite parking, but there are two NCP car parks within a short walk. I've stayed in Birmingham many times and will make this my first choice in future.

1 Thank Welshman101
Dear Welshman101, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It's nice to hear you made use of The Pantry which offers a variety of snacks and treats for a spot of indulgence! We very much look forward to welcoming you here again.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend city break with my other half. Easy to find the hotel, just minutes walk from New Street Station. Check in was quick and easy.
We had a suite on the 4th floor overlooking House Of Fraser, couldnt believe the room when we walked in. There is a little kitchenette (microwave, dishwasher, etc) a lovely big comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, only thing that would have been nice was to have a small 2 seater sofa instead of a 1 seater chair, but other than that couldnt fault the room one little bit. Couldnt believe we were in the middle of a city as there wasnt the slightest bit of outside noise, nor was there any noise from other rooms.
Complimentary breakfast was a wide variety (cereals, cooked, fruit etc, even hot drinks).
Staff were very friendly and helpful, we wanted to visit The Mailbox but didnt know how to get there popped down to reception and the lady on the desk was very helpful, including giving us a printed map how to get there.
There is a gym and launderette in the building, though we didnt use them we did take a look at them and seemed to be well equipped.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna C
Dear Donna, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It's great to hear you were impressed with your Studio Suite and that you found the facilities of a great quality. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the Guest Services team.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went to the NIA in Birmingham on Friday and didn't want the hassle of parking and queuing to leave the venue. We booked to stay in the Staybridge Suits for its desirable city centre location.
When booking the hotel we found the cost very reasonable but a word of advice remember to add VAT onto the price.
We also found from previous posts that the hotel does not offer on site car parking, we thought this would be the case as most central city centre hotels don't. They do however recommend that you park in a NCP car park just 5 mins walk from the hotel. The hotel offers a discount to park there, just £8.00 for 24 hours (on the ticket machine it would cost £24.50 to park for 24 hours) bargin!!
The hotel itself was very clean tidy, and modern. The breakfast was a good hotel breakfast plenty of option with proper toasters that actually cook the toast. The breakfast was also monitored closely and restocked with fresh food all the time.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and if going to Birmingham again for anything we would definitely stay here!

2 Thank vixie87
Dear vixie87, thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us and it's great to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the breakfast team. As we are primarily a long-stay property, our rates are quoted excluding VAT due to the VAT rate changing to 4% after the 29th night of a stay. We look forward to seeing you again.