“very good.”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed in lots of similar priced hotels in Birmingham and quite simply this is my new favourite place to stay in Birmingham, new, clean bright and close to everything that you need. Keep up the high standard as this could easily drop post opening buzz...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PMACCA
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear PMACCA, thank you for your review. It's great to hear we're your "new place to stay" in Birmingham and we look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Birmingham

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just back from a weekend in Birmingham, stayed at the Staybridge Suites and all I can say is FANTASTIC!! My sister, our Mom and I arrived on an early flight and we were assigned our rooms first thing after being offered complimentary breakfast. As there were three adults we booked two studio interconnecting rooms which was ideal and very reasonably priced. We booked through the hotel itself; Ranbir could'nt have been more accomadating. When we arrived we were greeted by Jacqualine who was so helpful and friendly and told us about the area in general and the things we could do! The suites were fabulous, extremely well laid out, very comfortable and spotless. The black out curtains were a real plus! The self service breakfast area was huge and comfortable.
Location was very good, a few minutes walk to the shops and taxi rank around the corner. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Staybridge to anyone travelinng to Birmingham either on business or pleasure. You wont be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review. I'm glad to hear you were made to feel welcome from the moment you made your reservation! I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Guest Services team!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here as it was recommended by the staff of a venue I was attending for a conference, being literally around the corner.

It's very easy to find, just about two minutes of a walk from New Street rail station and is, therefore, very central.

Check-in was very straightforward and the front-desk staff were friendly and helpful.

My room, on the sixth floor, was bright and clean. Rooms have a kitchen, a very comfortable bed, a not so comfortable armchair and a nice well laid out bathroom. The one flaw with the bathroom was that the shower wasn't particularly powerful. I love a good strong jet of water. There were plenty of towels in the room.

In the morning, I used the gym and there was only one other guest there. It's well equipped and there's enough there to get a decent workout done.

Breakfast is an informal affair there, I did see a couple of guests in their PJs!. There's not a massive choice, but it's hardly a grumble as there were cereals I liked and some tasty bacon too. Fridges are well stocked with juices and yoghurts as well as milk etc.

As I was only here for one night, I don't think I really got the full benefit of it - I didn't need a kitchen, for example. But I do feel that if I was travelling to a location for a few days, a hotel like this would be perfect as it gives you a feeling of having your own space and doesn't feel like a hotel in the traditional sense. This is helped along by the hotel having evening socials to encourage the guests to mingle. There's also a few seating areas around reception and a "den" with a selection of books and even board games and has a nice "living room" feel to it. There's even a laundry room for you to wash your own stuff. Again, a nice touch for those staying longer than a night or two.

I'd strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mikedragon32

Thank you for your review. It's good to hear we were recommended to you by the nearby conference venue. We appreciate the detailed review and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Staybridge is right in the middle of Birmingham city centre and its pedestrianised areas. It is a few hundred metres from New Street Railway station and there is a nearby NCP car park for those whom are driving – ask at reception about the discount 24-hour parking rate for guests. The hotel seems relatively new and well decorated and maintained. Rooms are large, well appointed and furnished with a small kitchen fitted to a high standard: but there is only one easy chair. Rooms are quiet and free of traffic noise. Breakfasts are self-service and taken in a good dining area. There’s a laundry, a gym and a ‘club’/meeting room with evening events. So, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin T
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear RhinoLondon_England, thank you for your review. I can see you are a seasoned TripAdvisor reviewer and am sure other readers will find the review most useful. See you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The only bad part of our stay is the car parking, it reminds me of the Birmingham in the early eighties with the dingy lighting and smelly exit stair wells and lifts and general grubiness. Upon leaving the car park i could imagine some people being intimated with some gangs of youths hanging out side etc The litter is a disgrace and shame on the people who drop the litter in the first place and also the council for not keeping on top of it.
Anyway all this is forgotten as soon as the front entrance doors open and you are moved into another world.
All of the building was very clean, bright and nothing too much trouble for any of the staff, reception was very informative and quick. I believe we had the basic guest room but if this was the basic i would have liked to seen the guest suites as the room was very clean and had small kitchen with all the amenities included and was a very good sized room overall. The bathroom once again a decent size and a fairly big shower cubicle and also very clean.
We was on the twelth floor and had a great view of Brum and found the room very quiet.
The breakfast was very good with a lot of options on display, with bacon, scrambled egg and baked beans for the hot food. I also have to mention that the one young lady that was attending to the general kitchen duties, clearing tables, refilling the food items did not stop working and is a credit to the hotel.
I would have no hesitation in stopping here again and if it was not due to family issues would have stayed another night. So looking forward to next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. It's clear you enjoyed your stay with us so I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. It's also nice that one of our hard-working Breakfast Team members got a mention! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Two minutes from new st station you eae met with a sincere welcome. nothing is too much for the staff. The rooms are perfect with comfortable beds. breakfast is excellent. There is a gym, a laundry and much more. for example coffee on tap 24/7 at no charge in the huge lounge area where talking and socialising override the norm of deafening music. being from Australia the lounge was a bit cold but no place is perfect. Value for money is 10 plus. Well done guys, I'll stay again.

Room Tip: They seem to be all good, but reception will always do their best for you
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron B
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your positive comments and it's great to hear the Guest Services team made you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on an overnight trip to Birmingham. There isn't any parking at the hotel but High Street NCP is only round the corner and it is discounted to £8 for 24 hours if you ask at reception which is good value in the city centre.

The room we had was wonderful. It's only the second staybridge we have stayed in but we do like them. The breakfasts are varied and the rooms are of a generous size and quiet and comfortable. The reception staff are very friendly.

We would you this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_and_Kay

Dear Tony and Kay, thank you for your review. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again. I shall also pass on your comments to the breakfast team.