“Wedding Anniversary”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My Wife and I stayed here for our 2nd wedding annviersary. The suites are very homely and clean. The hotel itself is very modern and gives a feel that its' well looked after. The staff are very professional and always willing to answer any questions you may have. The breakfast is lovely with plenty to choose from. The gym is small but equipped. They have a complimentary launderette which we may use of before we came home. The overall experience is very good and we'd definately recommend!

Room Tip: If all the room are the same then it doesn't really matter as they'll all be lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordon_1989
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

First of all, Happy Anniversary from all of us at Staybridge Suites Birmingham! We greatly appreciate your positive comments and I will be sure to pass them on to the team! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice clean hotel in the Centre of the City. We had the Queen room which was allot smaller than I expected but every thing is modern. You can control the heat in the room with the air con unlike most hotels. The bed is great, most hotels I cannot sleep well but in this one I did.

Not going to say much on this hotel, read all the other positive reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Don't forget that we do have One-Bedroom Suites available at an upgrade fee of £30. In there you would get a separate living room and bedroom, plus more space to spread out and relax with a two-seater sofa! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wonderful location a few minutes walk from the train station, The Bull Ring and the Mailbox. Clean, comfortable accommodation. Lovely bathroom and a kitchen with everything you could possibly need. Friendly, helpful staff. Free coffee any time of the day or night in the lounge. Nice breakfast. Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear you were impressed with your suite and that you enjoyed the complimentary tea and coffee available in the Hub Kitchen 24/7! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Well, what can I say? What a perfect place to stay.
My sister & I love having the odd shopping weekend in Birmingham and always try and get somewhere central to stay - and central this was! We were literally a five minute walk to The BullRing Shopping Centre and many other attractions.
The suite was out-of-this -world. The kitchen was so well equipped we even had a slimline dishwasher and every kitchen impliment you could need. All good quality items too; Sabatieur knives, saucepans, bottle opener, toaster, cutlery, glasses, plates, cups, you had everything possible. I could honestly had moved in! The suite was beautifully decorated, We were situated on the 12th (top) floor and had amazing views across the city - it looked stunning.
Reception area was very welcoming and the lounge area was very clean, modern & releaxed. We were a bit worried about the car parking as it said the two nearest carparks were "10 & 15 minutes walk away" I took this to be more like "20 & 25 minutes" Both carparks were actually about a five minute walk away from The StayBridge. We also got a reduced rate which meant we paid £16 for the whole weekend parking (Saturday to Monday). If I really had to say a negative, it would be that there were no studio rooms with twin beds, which would had been far better thatnsharing a double with my sis!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Birmingham and would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms get an excellent view of the city
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cathyo1972
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear cathyo1972, thank you for your positive and informative review! It's great to hear you could happily have moved in and that you enjoyed our "Home from home" atmosphere! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in June 2014. I had a Studio. This was smaller than the Studio I had at their Newcastle property, and was more the size of an average hotel room.

The room had a great variety of amenities, including a fully functioning kitchen!

Bed was comfortable, the AC was efficient, and everything was clean & tidy.

All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

If I'm being picky, I think the water pressure in the shower was a bit low, and indeed I felt that the fittings felt a bit cheap. I also think that an extra chair would be good as there is only one easy chair and one dining chair in a double room. As a Platinum, you should receive £5 to spend in the pantry, but my purchases were on my bill and I missed this!

Overall, for the price paid, I thought this property represents good value for money.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank travelfan199

Dear travelfan199, thank you for your review. I shall be sure to pass on your positive comments to the Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services teams, as I'm sure they will be pleased to hear of your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here twice recently on business. It's a very good hotel. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are a good size, lovely toiletries and exceptional cleanliness. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have stayed in many hotels in Birmingham and this is definitely one of the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jubline

Dear jubline, thank you for your review. It's clear you were impressed with your suite and that you appreciated the 'extra touch' of luxury body lotions and hand gel, which is a Brand Standard for Staybridge Suites. See you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and friends on the evening of England's first game in this years World Cup. Fab room with all the mod cons the kitchen has everything you need could easily have stayed longer. Highly recommended and shall certainly return at some point.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas231

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you were impressed by the kitchenette in your suite. We look forward to seeing you again!