“Excellent city centre accommodation.”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #3 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent city centre accommodation.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a two night stay in this city centre location. The room and the facilities are excellent, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The neat well equipped kitchen was a surprise but it was a bonus to have a fridge and a dishwasher, enabling us to have the freedom and flexibility denied in most hotels. My only small criticism was the pillows, such a comfortable bed deserved a nice, soft pillow. This is the perfect place for anyone wanting accommodation right in the city centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I can forgive a lot of things, but not rude / unhelpful staff.

The staff member who checked was extremely rude, she took £25 from my card without even telling me what is was for and walked off to speak to another guest half way through checking in, leaving me standing around.

She returned handed my receipt for the £25 still not telling me why she had taken it, and then started chatting away to her colleague because she could not process my payment as she had already closed her till. She finally wandered off to speak to another guest leaving her colleague to explain why she had taken the money and answer any questions I had.

I would like to point out the other person doing check-ins was really nice and helpful, so it can't be a training issue.

The first suite I was checked into was really nice and the air conditioning had the room at a very pleasant level, sadly the shower only ran cold. The gentleman on reception quickly arranged for maintenance to attend, who confirmed it was broken and I was moved to another room.

Sadly this had a different layout and seemed far smaller, equally it was very hot, by then I was exhausted and just didn't care.

The air-conditioning turns off at midnight and both nights I woke up in the middle of the night far too hot!

Whilst it was a nice hotel I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. if I pay a decent price per night I would like to be treated with some common courtesy.

On a plus note, wifi as great (even on floor 10) and the breakfast was not bad, although I couldn't get a table.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pashie78
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Pashie78, thank you for your review. I'm very sorry about the issues you experienced at check-in. I can assure you that there will be a full investigation carried out by myself to ensure this doesn't happen again. As I'm sure you can see from previous reviews, this is not representative of the usually high customer service that we offer to our guests. I hope that, should you book with us again, we will be able to exceed your expectations and be sure that you do not experience this again.
glasgow
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent a night here last week while on a business trip to Birmingham. It was my first stay at the Staybridge Suites and I chose it due to it’s proximity to the venue of the event I was attending.. You really couldn’t get a more central location and it is especially handy for New Street Station. The reception is located on the 2nd floor and check-in was swift and friendly. I was allocated a room on the 5th floor. It had been a very warm day and I was grateful when I entered the room to find someone had had the foresight to put the air-conditioning on. Very welcome. Found the room very spacious, very well equipped, immaculately presented and spotlessly clean. After a refreshing shower in the very large shower cubicle I headed down to the “meet your neighbour” get together for a quick ( free ! ) drink.. Nibbles /finger food was also available. This is a very laudable concept held daily between 18:30 - 19:30 and contributes greatly to what differentiates the Staybridge from run of the mill hotels/chains. They obviously strive to be that little bit different and it does have a quirky, laid back feel to the place. As there is no on site restaurant I headed out for my evening meal but the breakfast in the morning was very well catered with all the usual suspects available. They have real toasters like the ones in your home not one of those fiddly conveyor belt type things. Other hotels please note ! The coffee was great and apparently free throughout the day for residents and there are even takeaway style cups you can take out of the hotel with you. Another great concept. Sleep quality was very good with quality bedding, comfy bed and good soundproofing in the rooms. No extraneous noise at all.
All in all I was very, very impressed. From now on whenever I am in Birmingham for business or pleasure the Staybridge will be the first place I will try and get booked !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving such a positvive review on your recent stay with us! It's great to hear you enjoyed the Evening Social which is held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 6.30-7.30pm. The Staybridge Suites brand is all about making you feel relaxed and "at home", so it's great to hear you found this to be the case. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a great two night stay.Room and facilities are modern and very clean. Nice to have kitchen/fridge in room.Wi-fi is free and works from your room or in the reception/breakfast areas.Good position for visiting all the shops,theatres and concert venues in the city Will be returning to the Staybridge suites in the future and would definitely recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your two-night stay with us and that you will be recommending us to family and friends. We look forward to seeing you again!
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times on a Friday or Saturday night after seeing a show. Has an excellent city centre location 10 minutes walk from the Hippodrome.
Rooms are great - large, modern and spotlessly clean with a well equipped kitchen. Facilities are great with very nice sitting room and 'den' with a good library. We have not tried out the laundry room or gym.
Staff have always been very helpful. The location is central so the streets outside are like any UK city centre at night - busy and lots of drunk people, however as there are a lot of people around with late night shops and bright lights it feels just a bit unpleasant rather than unsafe. There is no street noise in the rooms.
There is a large reduction in NCP parking for guests (£8 rather than £24) so make sure that you get your parking ticket processed at Reception when you check out.
Weekend rates seemed to be very reasonable, so we think that we get excellent value for money.
This is now the place that we always come back to for staying in Central Birmingham.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TJCLeicester, thank you for the positive and informative review on your recent weekend stay with us! I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team as they will be thrilled to hear them. It's great to hear we're now your first choice for accomodation in Birmingham, so we very much look forward to seeing you again!
Desborough
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went to Birmingham with my husband for his birthday. I booked this hotel using an Amazon voucher. It's new, lovely, clean with everything you need. I didn't find the hair dryer until too late. It's in a bedside drawer. Other than that you get a large room, lovely bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen. Breakfast is fine, my only grumble would be there is plenty of bread but no tongues so you see people picking up bread with their hands and putting it back. Other than that I would definitely stay here again. I don't know about car parking but it's only two minutes walk from New Street train station. Very handy for Birmingham city centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear RealAlers, thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here on business for one night and really couldn't fault it. It was spotlessly clean everywhere, and it was a nice surprise to find I had a mini suite with a fully fitted kitchen. Lovely comfy bed, toiletries in the bathroom, and a large flat screen tv.
There was also a gym, everything brand new. Reception was warm and inviting, friendly staff, and the buffet breakfast was lovely.
The location is excellent, right in the centre of the city, but there was no noise at night

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Val E, thank you for your wonderful review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to a high standard. We hope that you choose to stay with us again when you're next in Birmingham!