Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsopposite houselaundry roomsmall kitchenkitchen areaone bedroom suitenew street stationhome from homefull kitchencar parkcity centrecomplimentary breakfastnearby ncpbeansself cateringhot drinksself servicecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Never stayed in Staybridge before but would again. City centre location, lovely studio apartment, a warm welcome and everything you need. There are some works for the new tram line outside entrance so difficult to locate but I never heard the works going on so it was not a problem. Would stay again when on business.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leslie W
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your first experience of Staybridge Suites and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were on a long journey and decided to stop in the Birmingham area to break our travel. Although we had been a little concerned about the some of the adverse comments on the location we decided to try the hotel as it appeared to have similar facilities to some US chains we have used.

Driving in did not auger well, with lots of road works in preparation for the new tram lines and the peculiarities of our French sat nav which couldn't direct us to the specified car park. With helpful locals we parked and then were directed to the hotel.

From there everything was plain sailing. Check in was friendly and rapid. We'd prepaid for our one night stay and the only surprise was the need for a £25 credit card authorisation to cover any additional expenditure, the balance of which would be refunded after departure.

Our room was certainly the best we have ever occupied in a UK hotel. Sufficiently large for our needs with comfortable king bed, bathroom with large wet room shower and kitchen area with every facility you could require. Indeed rather than eat out we visited a local convenience store for ingredients. Sainsbury, Tesco and Waitrose are all within a few minutes walk. It would have been difficult to prepare a banquet but we enjoyed a very pleasant meal for two.

The included breakfast was more than sufficient for our needs. There was a large selection of cereals, fresh fruit cocktail, berry compote, fruit juices, breads, rolls, bagels, pastries and muffins. Also sliced breads and toasters, yoghurts, cheese, ham and the best coffee (for my taste) served in a chain hotel. Drinks are continuously available from the breakfast area day and night. Very useful, as were an eclectic selection of books available to read with your coffee?

To top everything we did not find the city centre at all intimidating or frightening. Indeed we even went of a walk alongside the canal which passes nearby, but takes a little finding.

Overall a very positive experience which we will certainly repeat if we have need to stay within the area again.

1  Thank BlueVinney

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm a big fan of the Staybridge Suites- having stayed in 5-6 in the past. If you aren't familiar, it is, as it says, a suite with a kitchenette and dining space in your room. I would say the rooms are made to a high standard with luxurious furnishings and fittings. The facilities are great here with a laundry room, a lounge and den area, meeting space and kitchen hub.
This particular one is really central in Birmingham- the downside is it doesn't have its own parking so do factor this in when choosing this hotel- I think I paid approximately £20 for parking overnight in the NCP on High Street- which is literally only 2 minutes from the hotel if that.

I've stayed here a couple of times, its been very good value for money when I've been... I would imagine the price is good to entice new business to a relatively new hotel... Only time will tell but I hope I'm wrong!

I was on the 9th floor this time, its exceptionally quiet in the rooms- which are spacious and I noted how bright and airy it was in the morning with the two big curtained windows drawn.

Unfortunately I was only here for the one night but I always imagine these would be great places to stay for a week or so as it does ooze a certain social atmosphere between guests. a central hub "kitchen" - its more than a buffet breakfast... it feels like home... Help yourself to items in the fridge, cut your own breads and the selection is really very good for a hotel.

There is a pantry shop in the hotel opposite reception which is well stocked- I haven't tried anything from it so I cant comment on the prices but it always looks tempting.

Whether you are staying here for business... which I think its the ideal choice, especially if here for several nights as you don't feel you have to fine dine or conform to the traditional hotel etiquettes. For families it has the space, the location and the kids will love the breakfast choices.

For me, I love this style of hotel... this one could only be better if it had its own parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gavin F

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive and informative review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you were impressed with our hotel and the facilities on offer. We will be sure to pass on y our comments to all the relevant departments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a two night stay in this city centre location. The room and the facilities are excellent, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The neat well equipped kitchen was a surprise but it was a bonus to have a fridge and a dishwasher, enabling us to have the freedom and flexibility denied in most hotels. My only small criticism was the pillows, such a comfortable bed deserved a nice, soft pillow. This is the perfect place for anyone wanting accommodation right in the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I can forgive a lot of things, but not rude / unhelpful staff.

The staff member who checked was extremely rude, she took £25 from my card without even telling me what is was for and walked off to speak to another guest half way through checking in, leaving me standing around.

She returned handed my receipt for the £25 still not telling me why she had taken it, and then started chatting away to her colleague because she could not process my payment as she had already closed her till. She finally wandered off to speak to another guest leaving her colleague to explain why she had taken the money and answer any questions I had.

I would like to point out the other person doing check-ins was really nice and helpful, so it can't be a training issue.

The first suite I was checked into was really nice and the air conditioning had the room at a very pleasant level, sadly the shower only ran cold. The gentleman on reception quickly arranged for maintenance to attend, who confirmed it was broken and I was moved to another room.

Sadly this had a different layout and seemed far smaller, equally it was very hot, by then I was exhausted and just didn't care.

The air-conditioning turns off at midnight and both nights I woke up in the middle of the night far too hot!

Whilst it was a nice hotel I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. if I pay a decent price per night I would like to be treated with some common courtesy.

On a plus note, wifi as great (even on floor 10) and the breakfast was not bad, although I couldn't get a table.

5  Thank Pashie78
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Pashie78, thank you for your review. I'm very sorry about the issues you experienced at check-in. I can assure you that there will be a full investigation carried out by myself to ensure this doesn't happen again. As I'm sure you can see from previous reviews, this is not representative of the usually high customer service that we offer to our guests. I hope that, should you book with us again, we will be able to exceed your expectations and be sure that you do not experience this again.