“Good Accommodation, Good Service”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a Friday and Saturday courtesy of a well-known online retailer's "voucher" deal. Very central location, quick and friendly check-in. Given a £5 credit to spend on food etc from The Pantry thanks to my IHG status.

The room was a reasonable size, incuding very nice kitchen with all necessary equipment. Sound-proofing was excellent - no external noise despite the town centre location.

Breakfast was also good - basic help yourself stuff but fresh and reasonable choice, although I would have liked the sausages to have remained an option and not replaced by rather crispy dry bacon on my second morning.

Overall, a pleasant experience and I'd definitely chose Staybridge again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jorganmeister
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Jorganmeister, thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that your IHG Rewards Club membership was acknowledged on arrival. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Birmingham

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Being fairly local, we like to stay over in Birmingham from time to time if on a night out, Cinema, Theater trip etc.
I noticed this property and having stayed in them in USA thought would give it a go
Wow! for the price I can see why this is currently No1 in Birmingham
Location - superb, right in the heart of the city. and very quiet which was an unexpected bonus
Rooms - Suite style with a mini kitchen, spotless and classy, amazing value. Free Wi Fi. Microwave, small hob, fridge. Flat screen TV Great bathroom . Great bedding and very comfortable bed
Price - for the quality at £72 better than the Hyatt which can be twice the price!
Service - Nice welcome at check in, modern open areas for relaxing in upmarket setting
Food - and breakfast included!..., expected Holiday In style, but there was a hot choice as well and top notch quality again in causal but smart and classy setting

As good a venue as anywhere and half the price of the bigger quality chain hotels....lets hope there are more springing up around the country as would be my "go to" choice

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you found us good value for money and that you were made to feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very central to the city station, shops , and the nightlife. Fresh , clean and welcoming inside and a friendly greeting from staff.
Large open lounge area , free wifi so meets most peoples needs.
The rooms are large , spaceous will a small kitchen in them.
Great value for money in my view, yes be warned you need to add tax
If you stay over more than one night over a weekend , bewared there is no housekeeping. If you need that make sure you ask the night before!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you found our facilities of a high quality and good value for money. You're right, guests are given the "weekend off" from Housekeeping at Staybridge Suites. However, as long as you let us know on the Friday, we can certainly arrange for a Housekeeper to visit your room! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here on a Saturday night instead of getting the last train home during a birthday night out. The hotel is centrally located minutes from New Street. This is a great concept. Clean and modern with good quality finish. The room was a good size and had everything you could want. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom was good sized and really good shower. I liked have the small kitchen area with fridge, hob, kettle, toaster, microwave,hob and everything you would need to make a basic meal. I travel a lot with work and can see this concept is aimed at business travellers but it's also great for leisure aswell. Breakfast is buffet style and adequate. There are a limited number of tables so during the peak you won't get one. The idea is you take your tray from your room and get breakfast and take it back to your room (your desk is positioned to double as a table). There are even takeaway cups if you just want to grab a coffee on your way out. Coffee is good. Great value for money. You would pay more for a budget hotel and get a lot less. Fully recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robingill1984

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you made the last-minute decision to stay with us at Staybridge Suites Birmingham and that you found our location convenient for Birmingham New Street Station. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Brilliant! Beautiful room overlooking the city but cool, calm and quiet. All mod. cons - kitchenette, dishwasher and microwave etc... all there if you need them!
Breakfast was good with ample supply of fruit compote, fruit salad, assortment of breads and some hot items too - bacon, sausage, egg and beans.
The reception staff were lovely and looked after us very well.
If you plan to visit Birmingham before 21st September, do try and visit the "Marvellous Machines" exhibition at the Museum and Art Gallery (Rowland Emett working models of fantasy machines).
This hotel is hard to find if you are walking. From New St. rail station walk straight up Corporation Street and you will find Staybridge's small entrance, between the two Poundland stores.

Room Tip: 5th floor overlooked city (not a brilliant view but a fantastic room). Lifts were excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you found our hotel to be suitable for your needs and a great escape from the hustle-and-bustle of the city centre. See you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Blown away how lovely are stay was
Have stopped in 5 star hotels that were not as good as this
Room so so spotless swear no one has ever stopped in our room before it was that clean , everything you need and more
Staff friendly , helpful and so close to central Bham for shops , nightlife and restaurants

Thank you so much fab child free get away treat with Hubby
Can't wait to come back again : )

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your child-free stay with your husband! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

First time I have stayed in one of these "suite hotels". Actually they avoid using the word hotel at all, because they are trying to create a home-from-home feel. I think they have achieved that well, although really it is one big room subdivided into sections, rather than a true suite, but I'm probably being pedantic. The bed was comfortable enough and the aircon worked a treat - very important, as it was a humid night and the windows do not open at all. In fact I had to turn the setting up, as it was too efficient and I was actually getting a bit cold. You also get not just one but two tellies - one is in the bedroom area. I rather liked that.

I was very impressed with the kitchen facilities. They had virtually everything - a wide selection of pots, pans, implements, crockery, cutlery and even a knife block with so many high quality and very sharp knives I actually put it away in the cupboard as it was slightly unnerving me! The only thing you could point out that was even slightly negative is that there is no full-size oven, but I'm pretty sure the microwave was an oven combi. Not that I used it, so I can't really say for sure. They don't do evening meals as such in the hotel, so you either go out to a restaurant, or cook. There's a Sainsbury's round the corner and reception sell various ready meals which looked quite good. You do get a decent breakfast included, and I found the atmosphere in the breakfast room quite good - it does feel more like having breakfast at home or with friends, which I preferred to the rather impersonal atmosphere of a hotel where everyone is minding their Ps and Qs.

Generally everything seemed very spick and span, well-designed and high spec. Given that I paid no more than I would have paid for a standard hotel room, I was impressed. However, as I do tend to eat in hotel restaurants when I'm away on business on my own, I think the lack of a restaurant would make me reconsider staying here again. Have to say I was pretty impressed with the spaciousness and the concept though. I suspect this is going to be a very fierce competitor with the standard hotel room concept in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sfuhere

Thank you for leaving such a positive review on your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you found your suite well-equipped. It sounds like you stayed in either a One-Bedroom or Accessible Studio suite as you do get two TV's in those rooms! I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team! See you again soon!