“Unbelievable value”

Staybridge Suites Birmingham
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night on a Thursday for £62. At that price I wasn't expecting a great deal but it surpassed expectations on every level. As I've only seen the 'Staybridge Suites' chain in recent months I'd guess that the current pricing is an aggressive strategy to enter the market and establish the brand. Anyone wondering if they should choose here should take advantage while they still can.

Stayed: August 2014
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you found us good value for money and that we introduced the Staybridge Suites brand to you in a positive light! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We actually check out tomorrow. I don't really know where to start the review. We had a one bedroom apartment and it was immaculate and in nearly new condition. Kitchenette had all the amenities and even though we were not sure on how to use the dishwasher or microwave baking option the manuals are all kept in the cupboard with a quick instruction chart (we found later) posted on the bulletin board in the room - check this when you first move in as it has great information. The staff were amazing - Daniel, Stacie, Becky, Justin at front desk were always accommodating. Management - Chris, Jodie and Bee Bee - were always there at the social night and so friendly to all guests. And the socials are 3 times a week not once a week like many places. Coming back to management, I mentioned that my wife was having an operation and would be joining me at the hotel later in the week. Chris went out and bought her flowers for her arrival. Are you kidding me... what hotels does such wonderful things. Thanks again Chris!

Continuing on, the breakfast was excellent each morning with a wide variety to choose from and the lounge and eating areas were stylishly decorated and extremely comfortable. Serving staff like Evelyna were so polite and quick to help with anything you needed. There is a laundry with detergent provided for you and the gym was all Precor equipment - multipurpose gym, treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes. I’m ready to go home but if I had to stay another week it would only be here at this Stabridge as it feels like home – corny as it sounds. If you are debating saving 10 pounds by going to another hotel don’t waste your money by saving a little and yet losing out on so much. I am not sure when I will return to Birmingham but if I do… I know where I will be staying.

With much appreciation for all you have done for us....Mr. Hamilton

Room Tip: Floor at the end of the corridor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear markinbda, thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to hear you were made to feel welcome and I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team. It's also great to hear that we were able to go the 'extra mile' to make your stay even more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again when you're next in Birmingham!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My partner and I spent the weekend here in May (I'm a little late with the review). Really can't praise this hotel highly enough. We had a studio suite, it was immaculately clean, furnished to a very high standard with everything you could need and the bed was incredibly comfortable! We had a kitchen that wouldn't have looked out of place in a high-end apartment, the bathroom was lovely with a very large walk in shower, and as we were on one of the top floors the views from our windows across the city were amazing!

If you read the other reviews you will see the front doors are quite hard to spot, but they are opposite debenhams with a Costco at either end. You have to go all the way to the end of this lobby and take the lifts to the first floor to get to reception. As long as you know that it's not a problem! The advantage to that is that once you have a room key you can get into the lift at the bottom and go directly to the floor your room is on, bypassing reception and in complete privacy if you wish :-)

This is not a traditional hotel, it doesn't have a bar or restaurant, but my partner and I are quite private people and actually preferred this. They do run gettogethers in the seating/dining area on weekday evenings, which would probably be good if you were there on your own for business and would like to meet other people. The reception area is open plan onto a seating and dinning area where you have your buffet breakfast, it's all very welcoming, clean and modern. The choices offered for breakfast were huge, there are many different types of cereals, breads, fruits, yogurts, etc. and also cooked items available. This is all kept tidy and replenished during the breakfast period by very unobtrusive but extremely efficient staff. There is also a shop in the reception area where you can purchase snacks, takeaway type food to prepare in your suite, and even a selection of beer/wine. The receptionist we met on arrival and when checking out was superb, friendly, happy to give advice and directions, nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is about 2 minutes walk onto New Street and about 4 minutes walk to the Bull Ring, so all the entertainment/sights/restaurants you could wish for are within easy reach. All in all a fantastic day, we can't wait to do it again :-)

Room Tip: Go as high as you can, the views from the top are spectacular!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel Y, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Myamoth, thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. However, just a quick correction for any guests that may be reading; we're opposite House of Fraser with a Poundland at either side of us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in room 917. This room also had a kitchen with all utensils including microwave, small cooker hob, fridge and small freezer.

I will simply list all the good points:-
• Very comfortable mattress.
• Darkened room at night and very quiet so no need for my earplugs and eye mask.
• Safe for keys/money.
• Iron and ironing board in room.
• Plenty of wardrobe space.
• Large flatscreen TV.
• All areas of the hotel lovely and warm.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Fluffy bath, hand towels and flannels.
• Nice hair wash, body wash and body lotion.
• Fantastic lighting in all rooms (not the usual dim lighting where you can't see anything).
• Breakfast was good and lots of choice. Offered cooked and continental.
• Held luggage for us on the day of our departure was we went shopping.
• Free tea, coffee and hot chocolate all day in dining room for guests.
• Friendly and helpful staff.
• The entire hotel was spotless. Very impressed with the cleanliness.
• Shop by reception if you want to cook a quick ready meal or have snacks.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel. Great if you want to cook your own dinner. Supermarket and very close by to purchase food.

If it suits you, the hotel is situated a few minutes walk from the Bullring centre.

The only thing was it did lack the ambience of a country retreat but that did not bother me and it's not what the hotel advertises. This is a good city location with everything you need.

Five stars well-deserved.

Room Tip: Higher your room, no doubt the quieter it is.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROODLES999

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to list all of our good points! I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place,, fantastic location,, staff were great
Would recommend stopped for the one night and is perfect,, rooms are out this world would defo stay again
Breakfast is a bit hectic but it's included so make the most of it
If your going to brum on a night out or for a weekend stay here

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed here whilst visiting family, The staybridge is in a very good location very close to the shopping, The Bullring was literaly a 5 min walk away. The aircon was a godsend, the staff were very good.
Breakfast was ok. The room was amazing, had everything we needed.
The only downside we had was the housekeeping could have been a little better, the throw on the bed was dirty and the inside of the window had very greasy marks on them.
All in all a very good hotel and we have already rebooked for our next visit in september :).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel792, thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear of the few problems you had with cleanliness in the room; this is not representative of our usual high levels of quality. I will be passing this on to Housekeeping to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in May, whilst visiting Birmingham for BodyPower Expo - the result of my search criteria being for self catering facilities and access to free Wi-Fi. We were not at all disappointed.

The venue itself is impressive, with modern decor, high ceilings and very accommodating desk staff who made us feel instantly welcome.

The suite was immaculately laid out, with plenty of room and excellent facilities for meal prep as was a high priority for us. Very spacious with a load of storage space, which was far in excess of our requirements for the two night stay, but allowed our stuff to be put out of sight / tripping regions. I could easily have envisaged a more lengthy stay here being equally as comfortable.

Breakfast was a pleasant bonus, as I hadn't noticed the inclusion thereof in the cost of the booking. Whilst I've since noticed less favourable reviews on the offerings here, we had absolutely no complaints - the buffet arrangement was particularly positive for my other half's large eating requirements, and the content was tasty and perfectly satisfactory. Whilst I had initial reservations about the prospect of mediocre coffee from a machine, I was pleasantly surprised with the standard thereof.

We will most definitely be returning the next time we're in Birmingham, and would be loathe to consider anywhere else, particularly in light of the incredible value for money from this venue.

Special mention to the parking arrangements also, with very well discounted parking available for guests at the nearby NCP carpark.

Location also cannot be faulted - very easy to find, and particularly accessible for the Train Station and car park

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you found us convenient for your trip to the NEC. We look forward to seeing you again when you're next in Birmingham!