“Pleasant surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our experience was different to the two long and rambling reviews I've just read. Our food was freshly prepared, ample proportions and very tasty, no complaints on that score whatsoever. OK, so the décor was not the greatest but we gave up dining on wallpaper a long time ago and use restaurants for food not sightseeing.
We shall return in the not too distant future having added Zorbas to our short list of places to revisit and take guests.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nowen79

London, United Kingdom
“Some of these reviewers clearly haven't experienced proper Greek food/hospitality”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was my birthday so was looking forward to some traditional Greek food/culture as Greece is my second home. Couldn't be more disappointed. Had booked a table for 10 but there ended up being only 6 & it was like they didn't know what to do with us. We were finally shoved in a corner on a table for 4! And then we waited, and waited, so long that we went to get our own drinks which we'd finished by the time they came to take our order, after we had to ask. I must've been wearing my invisibility cloak that night as the waitress failed to ask for both my starter & main order and still protested when she said she'd taken them until we made her read the order back & she'd written it down wrong. It was the Christmas menu so was a bit disappointed at the choice; just your run-of-the-mill "expected" Greek dishes. Starters were below average and mean in portions. The moussaka looked and tasted like it had been made in a bad canteen en-masse and the "lamb" was just large lumps of fat - I heard others complaining about it in the toilet. When we pointed this out the waitress explained saying "we buy it like that"! Perhaps you should look at your supplier/inspect your orders/spend a bit more than 50p per kilo. How can any restauranteur send out food of such low quality?! We didn't stay for dessert.
The highlight of the night were the tacky glow-in-the-dark glasses & novelties left on the tables.
In brief:
Décor - grubby
Ambience - like a industrial canteen
Service - slower than a snail and with as much personality as a piece of dead wood
Food - you call that food????!
People of Birmingham, raise your standards. This is NOT Greek dining.

• Visited December 2013
Brompton, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague!!! Worst Greek restaurant in the world!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is an absolute joke! It is dark and dingy and the decor is so outdated.
For anyone that has ever travelled to Greece and eaten proper greek food you would be very disappointed if you were to visit this terrible restaurant. The service is beyond bad.
We waited at our table for over 40 minutes before we were even acknowledged. The waitress was rude when she could be bothered to come over. Then we waited another 30 minutes to place our order. Nobody would take our drinks order, we had to go up to the bar to get our own drinks.
The food was disgusting and was all sent back because it was under cooked and sub standard. I would not have fed what they served us to my dog!! There was no meat on our plates just big lumps of fat!
I have never been so disappointed in a restaurant anywhere in the world and I have certainly eaten in some dodgy places in Asia and India in my time!
I would strongly advise anyone thinking to pay this place a visit to save your money and not bother..
Overall I feel this restaurant should not even be able to open to the public until they sort out their staff and food.
Worst service and worst food ever and certainly not authentically greek! The only thing greek about this hell hole is the name!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank lisacorfu
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I really liked this place... Admittedly we went on a quiet night but the hostess was very attentive and I feel very good value for money. It has a warm atmosphere. Would recommend whole heartedly... try the stuffed peppers!

• Visited December 2013