“Staff, location, service simply outstanding”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #64 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 May 2011

This is my second stay at Radisson Blu. The first time a special request of mine was not taken care of, however on the second stay, I contacted the hotel, particularly Mr. Filiz who went out of the way to get my request taken care of. The reception staff were very helpful while checking in, did thier very best to give as much information about the city as possible when they were asked, they had the warmest interaction with us and a welcoming beautiful smile.
Rooms are modern and clean, simply spotless. Wifi is free, a signature Radisson quality. Room service is yummy and prompt and the bar area is relaxing and inviting.
The health club is very clean and relaxing.
I really enjoyed my stay at Radisson and had my work done effortlessly with the help of such wonderful staff, especially Filiz who takes personal care of his guests. Many thanks.
One last thing is that the hotel location is just great, close to everything you might need.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 May 2011

The hotel is in a fantastic location - very close to the shopping centres and train centre! Rooms are good, although for the price would perhaps expect a better bathroom (very small, shower screen of little use and so more like a wet room).

Do not eat in the hotel restaurant - its supposed to be an award winning restaurant but you would get better service in macdonalds!! The staff speak hardly any english which makes it difficult to ask what a dish consists of. We had to ask to place a drinks order - nobody asked us if we would like one! When the food arrived, it was stone cold. There was no-one around to complain to and so we decided to just get on with it and leave instead. We paid £40 for a cold meal and as we were leaving were accused of not paying the bill by a very rude waiter! We were disgusted (especially as they had included a tip into the bill!).

We complained at reception and got some arrogant receptionist who clearly thought he was a manager (doubtful as he had no badge and little customer skills). He told us we should have complained about the meal at the time and that it was the guys job to make sure we didnt leave without paying!

Absolutely disgusting behaviour for such a well known brand - would never stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leicester21
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Having visited the Radisson Hotel in Birmingham at the weekend, I felt it necessary to provide a full and detailed review of the hotel and its amenities.

I Must point out that my review is of a Business Class room, and I cannot comment on standard rooms as I have never stayed in one.

The reception upon arrival is always very pleasant, the area is clean and very tidy. The elevators travel to all floors in the hotel and although they are quick and smooth, they do go quite fast and give your stomach somewhat of a flutter.

The Room.

The rooms are large with floor to ceiling windows that overlook Birmingham. (mine overlooked the grand roundabout that has a Chinese monument in the centre). Very cool! On past visits to the hotel, I have had the pleasure of a super king size bed with the most luxurious bedding I have ever encountered. I know when I go to the Radisson Birmingham that I am guaranteed an excellent sleep. However, I did notice that on my most recent visit, my bed was actually 2 beds butted together. And although it was still comfortable, there was a divide line down the centre and to be honest, I would have expected the bed, of all things in the room, to be excellent. It was business class after all and the main difference between the room standards should always start with the bed! Surely?

I would like to stress though that I will give them the benefit of the doubt this time, purely because everything else about my stay is always excellent.

The breakfast that is served until much longer than many places allowing for extra time under those magnificent covers. The cute little bar area on the first floor and the ever so slightly more sophisticated bar on the ground floor.

A super hotel that I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Well worth upgrading to business class.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

The location of the hotel was excellent - v central and between the Bullring and the Mailbox. Despite this, and the fact that the hotel is huge, we both had a fantastic night's sleep. It was v quiet which is our main requirement - as country hicks! The room was good, practical and clean, with all the usual things you would expect. The check-in was efficient but we hadn't expected to pay an extra £13 for parking. Good gym - and empty - on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back for a quiet night
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nellydeancumbria
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed one night and got a very good last minute deal on one of the luxury suites by phoning the hotel direct on the same afternoon. It was a quiet night so it was fairly easy to barter. The suite was superb, with its own lounge and a spacious, well-equipped bathroom. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. It even had a king-size feather duvet-wonderful. The reception staff were business-like and not at all warm and welcoming. We did not dine there, but breakfast was good, with lots of choice and the service was fine.

Room Tip: Request a suite on a quiet night.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed at the Radisson hotel in birmingham, the Gentleman at check in was very helpful and polite. The room was nice and the bed was so comfortable to sleep in, the staffs all round was great, the service was top class. Will definitley return...

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 30 April 2011

For value and location this was simply excellent. Had business class room which was spacious and clean. Unfortunately have to agree with other reviewers with regards to 3 issues. 1) carpets are horribly stained throughout. 2) tv is too small for size of room. 3) shower screen doesn't stop water going all over floor. Check in was quick and friendly and I loved the fact that check out was a very reasonable midday meaning a relaxed start to the day and not the usual you have to be out as soon as you wake up. In fact I write this lying in my very very comfortable bed having just had a late breakfast. Breakfast itself was very tasty and fulfilling. Unfortunately the service didn't match the quality of the food. Had to ask 3 times for sausages as they had run out. We weren't offered hot drinks and had to find a waiter who eventually came back to us when we had nearly finished eating. However this didn't ruin a wonderful nights stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011