“Excellent Accomodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Coventry
“Excellent Accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for a weekend recently in December and I must say the hotel and all it's staff were absolutely excellent.I had problems getting in to my room at around midnight but no trouble a quick trip back to reception and my room card was sorted.
Excellent location for the centre of Birmingham with all the major areas within a 5/10 minute walk
and with Chinatown and the Theatre just across the road.
Parking is in a nearby car park with the hotel offering a discount to bring a 24 hour charge down to £15.
Cannot comment on the bar/resteraunt as I never used them as Birmingham has too many good places to eat and drink.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear sir,

I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! Thank you for spending the time to tell others on trip advisor! Please feel free to contact me if you are in the Birmingham area again.

We hope to see you again in 2012!

Email: Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com
DD: 0121 654 6010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nice hotel tidy and clean.

only gripe was the t.v in the rooms dont get the best reception.

We order a bottle of prosseco for the room on arrival and after arriving it was not there so asked them to have it there in the room for when we get back from shopping but still was not there, Eventualy third time lucky we got it!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sarah_duffield, Rooms DIvision Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. I have left you a message to obtain further details on your stay so that we can investigate, my assurances this is not inherent of our usual standards, please do get in touch when you have a moment.

Email: Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com
DD: 0121 654 6010
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I love the hotel, the car park is not safe, so leave the car or find another place to park!

The hotel has quite a funky feel and the food is very good. The views from the rooms I've stayed always offer great views.

I've never been disappointed with any of my stays here.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear guest,

Happy new year! Thank you for your kind review, we hope to welcome you back shortly! Together with ncp we are looking to improve the car parking, your comments are appreciated.

Have a great week.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,308 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here to attend an event hosed by a client. The hotel was fairly good in most areas and the bed was very comfortable although the soft furnishings in the room were past their best. The main negative point was, I was with a number of clients and colleagues and after the event had finished (this was in a private suite) some of us made our way to the residents bar for a late drink. When we arrived, the bar area was open but there was only one member of staff who was on the front desk. We asked politely where we could get a drink and was told the bar was closed and the only way a guest could have a drink was to go to their room and order room service or use the mini bar. Now I can understand this in a small hotel or in a quiet town but we were supposed to be in a 4 star international chain hotel in Britain's second city. Every other hotel of a similar standard I have stayed at usually allows residents to have drinks in the bar area, maybe served by the night porter but this kind of put a dampener on the evening and especially considering my client had spent thousands of pounds with the hotel on their event earlier in the evening and the number of guests attending the event gave the hotel thousands of pounds more in accommodation revenue.

5 Thank Mikeo111
sarah_duffield, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent visit with us - I hope that you enjoyed the event you attended and that you are now ready to relax and enjoy the Festive Season.

After reading your review, I am sorry to hear that it was some what difficuit to get a drink, we normally say for guests staying in house to leave the bar area open until around 2am, would yu be so kind to provide me with more details? I would definately agree that service should of been available to you being a resident with us.

I have left my details below, and hope that you make contact so that we can discuss this further
Have a great week.

Sunderland, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Radisson are excellent for room value and they've proved it with this hotel. Ideally placed and excellent room prices at around £73.The free wireless internet is excellent although higher rooms do get a poor reception, however Ethernet your way to guarentee a usable connection.

My only complaints were the Spa which had a tiny gym and the drinks, which came to £4.80 a pint. The service at the bar is quite poor and they even ran out of draft beer in the afternoon?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu - Im glad to see that you found our accommodation prices competitive and will pass your feedback onto our food & beverage manager with regards to the prices of beer, we are always reviewing our menus and looking at this from our customers perspective so thank you for sharing your opinion with us
I hope that you will get back in touch next time you are visiting Birmingham, please do get in contact so that we can ensure you receive the best possible service and guest care.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Contact number: +44 121 654 6000
Leicester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I used to like staying at the Raddisson, the bling factor of this Hotel is obvious; The outside of the building is impressive, so it the professional, helpful service at reception. The rooms too, with the floor to ceiling windows and stylish room design are excellent. But where all of this is let down increasingly as time goes on is that the rooms are looking increasingly tired.
Scuff marks appearing on the walls over time I can ignore to a degree but the last time I stayed there I ended up picking hairs off of the throw that they put over the bottom of the bed for half an hour and another half an hour scraping 'something' that was stuck in the carpet at various location in the room becuase I didn't want my guest who was arriving later to see this.

These are very small failures but they take the edge of what should be a special occation and if I want to impress someone, the Raddisson is sadly no-longer my choice

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madame,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us in Birmingham. I do apologise for any housekeeping issues which you experienced during your stay, this is clearly not acceptable and not inherent of our usually excellent standards of accommodation and care.

May I ask you to provide me with further details if you have a moment, it is useful for us to investigate further into the matter and action accordingly. I have left my details below and hope to hear from you soon.

Until then, have a great Christmas and thank you once again for your review and time.

Rooms Divisiom Manager
Contact number: +44 121 654 6000
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Really good clean hotel. Its in a great location for Birmingham city centre and a short walk from New Street station. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient and tried to get 4 colleagues on the same floor.

The room was a really good size, clean and modern. Really don't have a bad word to say about it. Only thing is that the bar was understaffed at a really busy time but again the barmaid was really friendly and apologised for our wait.

Room Tip: the wind was a little bothersome so try to ask for a room on a lower floor to reduce the noise