“It's a Radisson!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #71 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Everything that one can expect from a Radisson Blu. The location was fantastic (near the New Street train station and the Bullring), the food was great, staff were polite and quick at check-in and check-out, room service was perfect - try the mozarrella and spinach pizza! When my tv didn't work, I phoned OneTouch and staff came immediately and made it work. I am definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Great view of the city from the 12th floor!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review! , it's really nice you have taken the time to share your experience with others. I do hope we have he pleasure in welcoming you back in the future, please drop me an email or give me a call and we will ensure the best possible service is delivered for you upon your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed here overnight on a course with work recently - that aside, it was an enjoyable experience! Very convenient location - 5 min walk from New Street Station and 5-10 min walk into the very heart of Birmingham. I have to say that outside is more impressive than the inside! Beaufiful blues and glass greet you, after you've driven around the back of the hotel to park in the overpriced NCP carpark (discounted overnight rate of £14 as opposed to £20 for non guests). The staff were very welcoming, friendly and efficient and I had a room on the 5th floor. It was clean and contained everything you would expect from this sort of hotel - toiletries, pens & pads, trouser press, extra towels & pillows, kettle and slippers. Be careful not to remove the array of goodies - they will be charged to your account instantly and at £6 for a small tube of jelly beans, it's really not worth it! I found the lack of "proper curtains" curious - floor to ceiling windows behind net curtains but with traffic and street lighting easily shining through, along with the breaking dawn. Like a lot of hotels, I think this one is trying to live on it's reputation - it could do with sprucing up - an example would be several stains on the carpet, clearly visible. The breakfast was fantastic! Again, everything you would imagine but very tasty - full cooked English help yourself buffet, cereal, fruit, continental, etc. We had coffee and biscuits and lunch supplied during the course and all of this food was also very well presented and cooked. The bed was comfy but the noise of the air conditioning units was annoying, even though I turned it off in my room.
If you like old fashioned pubs, head back round to the car park and you'll come across The Victoria where you'll receive a warm welcome and a great selection of real ales.
In summary, a very pleasant stay with great food and lovely staff, could just do with a lick of paint inside.

Room Tip: Head up high - the views over the city are better - the lifts are quick and lots of them. The gym an...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Mamager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about the mini bar prices, we find our current prices are competitive against the competition in birmingham, however, we will consider reducing when changing our items before the summer period.

I am sorry to also hear about the condition of your carpet, we do have some carpets that have reached there lifeline expectancy and are looking to invest in changing them during 2012. I am happy you enjoyed breakfast, it's a joy to eat a full English upon leaving! I find this is one of the best parts of staying in a hotel!

Wishing you a great weekend, and hope to hear from you next time you are in town.

DD: 0121 654 6010

Once again, I thank you for your review, at Radisson blu we are always look to hear what our guests say, this way we can constantly strive to deliver our promise 100% guest satisfaction. I have left my details below for you, please contact me if you wish to discuss further or would like to make a future reservation.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed here one night on business. Somehow got upgraded to a 15th floor room with fluffy robes

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed at the Raddison Blu for one night on the 12th February 2012 On tour watching 7 Day Weekend at Ballroom, very nice hotel, friendly reception staff, room was really good, Arrived Sunday afternoon to be told the restaurant was closed on Sunday but had a meal in the bar which was very nice so no problem bar staff not as friendley as reception staff (might want to swap them round now and again) also no bar snacks (they had run out ? ) other than that no problems.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - I am really glad to hear everything went well throughout your stay! I hope you will contact me when you wish to come back so we can look after you again.

I have sent your feedback to the bar manager in regards to the snacks, we are looking to reintroduce this service so thank you for mentioning as it shows this is a popular requirement from our guests.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We recently stayed here for one night.

The hotel is well positioned, being a short stroll from New Street Station and car parking next door (extra charge but £5 off when staying at the hotel, need to collect the ticket when leaving).

The hotel is clean and tidy throughout. Good views across the city from the higher floors. Bathrooms have heated flooring which was quite nice. Beds were a bit soft for our liking but were very large! Although our room was near the elevators there was no noise.

We got a really good price for the stay and breakfast was included (although on leaving they tried to charge us for this, although to be fair as soon as we questioned it they backed down). Breakfast was excellent, there was little that wasn't on the menu, hot or cold, and the ability to order other items which were not on the buffet (porridge was ordered by one of our party but took several prompts and about 20 mins to arrive!).

Would stay again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Best views from higher floors. Business rooms had quality coffee making facilities, others just had...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear sir,

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Chose this hotel as we were travelling by train and it is situated near to New St station. Reception staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. Had booked a twin room but none were available, however, as the beds zip together, staff arranged for beds to be rearranged. Then one of the beds collapsed and had to change rooms, all this was done quickly so was no real inconvenience. Decor is really strange in the rooms known as 'fresh rooms' and was not to my taste, as was very bright and garish. Bathrooms rather dark.Did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment about the standard of food. Overall stay was fine but found the experience rather souless.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken D
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, it always helps us as a management team to learn both the positive aspects of your stay and equally areas in which we can improve.

I was very happy to hear the reception team were friendly and you were made to feel welcome.I a m very concerned to hear about the situation with your bed? If you would be so kind to send me more details that would be most useful.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel is very central in Birmingham. It is nice and clean and the staff are very helpful. There is free wireless internet in the rooms.

As they don’t have free parking you have to park your car in the NCP carpark next door at a cost of an extra GBP 15 or so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business