“A brilliant weekend!”

Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Tredegar, United Kingdom
“A brilliant weekend!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here from 13th-15th July for my birthday. My boyfriend had told the hotel it was my birthday and upon arrival at our room the hotel sent a big box of chocolates, wine and a birthday card. We had an executive suite which is worth the extra money, stunning! The breakfast was so nice and set us up for the day, I had seen reviews on here before our stay and some had given the hotel such bad reviews, I cannot understand why, you must be VERY picky if this hotel is not to your standard. Great location, Could not of asked for a better hotel.Thank you so much for such a lovely weekend, will defo be visiting again!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra bit of money!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your review - I'm glad you liked the wine etc, we do try and send a little something to the room to congratulate guests during birthdays, anniversarys! It's always nice to have some yummy chocs and something to say cheers to!

I would agree the business rooms are worth the upgrade fee, it's perfect if your here all weekend

Hopefully we can see you again on your next special occasion.

All the best,

Mail: sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I recently booked the Radisson Blu Hotel Birmingham to celebratefor me and my wife's one year anniversary and i can certainly say I was not dissapointed. To book the room, I rang the hotels phone number and was greeted by a very polite individual, who briefly explained to me the cost and facilities of each of the various rooms within the hotel, and then explained any extras in a really simple yet not patronizing tone. We booked the hotel through the phoneline as it were much simpler, and on arrival were greeted by three happy receptionists who looked more then pleased to see us. We spoke to a young girl, who's interpersonal skills were excellent even though it was clear from her accent that she was not from the UK. The book in was very swift and quick, and after asking for a higher room as we had booked a suite, we were granted a room on the 16th (out of 17 for accomadation). There was clearly a porter facility, although we were not offered any of the sort even thouh we clearly carried a large amount of bags. On taking the elevator to the floor, we were greeted by a beautiful view of the selfridges and co building along with the bullring shopping centre itself. It was unfortunately disrupted by the grotty and rather dirty looking roof of the holiday inn next door to the Radisson, but not enough to disrupt the beauty of the view. We entered the room after being greeted by a few cleaning staff, and was purely amazed. The decor of the room was spot on. Simplistic yet still great and fulfilling and really impressive to look at. As we booked a suite, the room contained a chic living area, with a nescaf machine with 6 coffees, tea making facilities, and a rather decent samsung tv. The only downside of the room was no refrigerator, although the room did consist of a sensored overpriced mini bar, which i would reccomend avoiding. The room came with tons of space for clothes and luggage, and two seperate toilets, one en-suite and a seperate basic loo. The en-suite contained a huge bath, and a very spacious shower which was very well designed. The basic nescessities and freebies were also in the room (soap, shower gel, shampoo etc). The best thing about the suite was the bedroom. Their was a large tv, and plenty of room to walk around and not to feel enclosed. The bed was by far the best feature of the room. Me and my wife agree that it was the best bed that we have ever stayed in, and would reccomend that sleep to anyone. The view from the window was exceptional, apart from the two rather large tower block flats blocking the view of the city. Dissapointing during day, but really made the room look impressive at night. Luckily, the hotel is situated between the mailbox, and the bullring shopping centre , a less then five minutes walk away from each. I would reccomend attending the mailbox, as the food inside the hotel was ridiculously expensive (£15 for scampi and chips) and the mailbox is much less, and a much higher quality and better dining experience. As it was our anniversary, we were granted a free bottle of wine and a plate of fresh fruit from the staff of the hotel which was very nice indeed as the cheapest bottle of wine available in the hotel was £15. The room cost us £159, and was worth the money for the one night but i wouldn't recommend staying for a long period of time. The breakfast in the hotel was very good indeed, with a wide variety of cooked, cold and bakery type foods to suit anybody at all. Fresh plates of smoked salmon personally impressed me, although there were many other options available. The hotel bar was relatively pricey too (ten pounds for a long island ice tea) so i would reccomend going out for a drink, but avoid the bulling side of town as it appeared quite rough. Still plenty to do outside and in the hotel, and i would reccomend the hotel to anyone as the staff clearly knew how to treat people with respect, and to show the Radisson chain of hotels to be a really good place to stay. A really good visit indeed.

Room Tip: Try and get as high of a room as you can, as it is really worth the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for spending the time to share your experience - I am glad you were impressed with your room, sounds like you stayed in one of our suites which we have recently had a soft refurb on! I would agree the best being the best feature and wold also recommend.

It would be really great to welcome you back in the future, please think of us again when you feel like a break away, will be sure to look after you.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

l was randomly given an accessible room! No bath & a very large disabled shower - I phoned reception & requested a bath and was given a different room. But no explanation! The room was nice - but no biscuits in the courtesy tray (very unusual). You could buy a 100g tube of jelly beans for £6.00 if you're hungry. My alarm call was 10 minutes late! Breakfast was ok - nothing special. I got a really good business rate - £69.00 for a double room for single use. Good value but would not pay more -

Room Tip: Tell them if you want a bath
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate constructive comments from our guests.
I'm sorry to hear you received a accessible room when not chosen specifically. It can happen sometimes the Internet selects randomly if you have booked online, however, would agree this information should have been mentioned during check in to avoid moving throughout your stay.

In regards to biscuits, we are in the process are buying some, I know how these are important to have with your tea! Mini bar will also be changed in the August time! I hope you will be around next time to view our changes.

Have a great week.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at various hotels in the centre of Birmingham, and this has to rate as one of the better one's. Rooms are always clean and comfortable, and equipped with a decent size room safe (may not be important to everybody).
Free wifi access (any hotel that charges for this basic service gets a big negative in my book), decent bar, standard hotel prices. Breakfast choice is plentiful and always hot and fresh.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Check in and out is fairly efficient, but at times you may have to wait a few minutes. The hotel is used by a major international airline to rest their staff between flights, so I'm guessing that one of their requirements is that the hotel is quiet, which it is. However, beware when the crew (between 8 and 10) are checking in, the queue at reception can be lengthy.
I've certainly stayed at both better and worse hotels, but this one is not bad at all, all told.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - its great to hear that we are a preferred choice as I appreciate the competition that we have in the area. Thank you for returning to Radisson.

It was helpful to mention the check in information, we do have crew arrive during the day and it can cause a slight delay on check in so I'm sure other reviewers will find this useful to read.

I hope we have the pleasure of checking you in again soon!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just had a really good stay at the Raddisson Blu in Birmingham, whilst traveling on business. Reception staff, room cleanliness/ faclities and food all very good. Location in City Centre, I would recommend this hotel if you are staying overnight in Birmingham. Only disappointment was car parking in adjacent multi-sorey car park.

Room Tip: Upper floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I am pleased to see such positive comments regarding your recent stay! We wil be sure to share this great praise with the staff in the next team meeting!

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with the car park, this is not controlled by the Radisson but by the NCP, we are working with them to improve the standards as I can appreciate there is some work to be done there.

In the mean time, I hope to have the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future.

dubai
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Located five minutes from the shopping and nighlife areas of the city and right in the heart of the central business district. Helpful, friendly staff and a great breakfast. Have stayed here five or six times, each time my room is facing the back of the hotel and is "compact". Some of the furniture and fixtures are getting a little worn. However the bed is still very comfortable. No steam irons available is really annoying for a business hotel, only luke warm travel style irons. I like the modern decor, quality of food and service and the convinient location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review! It's nice to see a loyal guest return time after time! I thank you for your feedback relating to the room, for the summer we are looking to purchase some new fixtures as we appreciate that over the years there are rooms with need of repair, this is our priiority and we will work to improve our room features.

In regards to our irons, we can provide you with a steam iron upon request, please dial "one touch service" from your room and we will get this sent to you next time you need this.

If you contact me next time before you arrive, we can prepare for your arrival so you have everything you need to make your stay more comfortable.

Best regards,

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Two night stay for business. Great room with flat screen tv, nice bathroom and the comfiest bed in the world! Feather duvet and good pillows too. Room on 13th floor facing road but no noise. Breakfast is a buffet but plenty of choice including smoothies, fruit, pastries etc. Reception seemed short staffed but they were very helpful.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, it's important to have a comfy bed so I'm glad this was the case! We have recently purchased some new pillows so please feel free to get in contact again if you fancy a relaxing lay in!

Hope to see you soon.