Very impressed last time but this visit exposed a few less positive points.
1. The room seemed slightly tired with some scuffs and marks and the chair was in need of a clean or replacement.
2. There were only two pillows provided and no spares in the cupboard.
3. The duvet seemed heavy and wasn't feather where I seem to call it as being light and feathery last time.
4. The grab rail over the bath was dangerously loose and the bath didn't drain properly. Some maintenance issues to be dealt with here (room 1415)
5. My colleague and I were explicitly told that as hotel guests we qualified for 50% off starters and mains in the restaurant. It turned out to be mains and sides.
6. Up-selling in the restaurant was very pushy. While perusing the wine list we were fairly aggressively pushed towards a more expensive wine than we wanted. We were perfectly capable of choosing our own wine and held our ground. And when ordering a starter shown on the menu as being suitable for sharing we were pushed towards a larger serving which we didn't want or need.
7. While waiting to check out the receptionist answered the phone while I was waiting. Why is it more acceptable to keep a customer waiting at the desk instead of letting the phone ring? I had been waiting for quite some time!
None of this is terrible but it takes the edge off an otherwise excellent place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel in Birmingham soars above the cityscape in an impressive 39-storey structure near the business district, convention centre and shopping complexes. The large 170,000 square foot John Lewis and the new grand central station on New Street are just a 3-minute walk from the hotel. The hotel also has NCP parking facilities directly behind on St. Jude's Passage. The 211 contemporary rooms and suites showcase modern accents and furnishings and provide amenities such as Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Experience the unique twist on the classic British Brasserie in on-site Collage restaurant. From sumptuous steaks and smoked haddock kedgeree to a classic British cheeseboard, enter the world of Collage where the theatre of service and unforgettable dishes are the order of the day. Enjoy a cocktail or beer at our Lobby bar or the Collage bar. Keep fit in the 18th-floor fitness centre, where skyline city views enhance your workout experience. The hotel's flexible meeting facilities surround up to 130 attendees with generous meeting spaces and equipment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Rezidor, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Radisson Birmingham
- Birmingham Radisson
- Radisson Sas Birmingham