“Nice hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #70 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed in a business room which was spacious with a large king bed and comfortable pillows. Turndown service at night when water was provided. Free newspaper on the first morning but not the second. Breakfast was reasonable. Only complaint is that shower gel or milk replenished.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments - I hope you enjoyed your stay, my apologies regarding the replenishment of your room facilities, I hope this will not prevent you in returning in the future.

On behalf of the entire team, we hope to see you soon in the future.

Sarah.Duffield@radissonblu.com
DD: 0121 654 6010

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed here with my sister and daughter for a trip to the horse of the year show, the staff were wonderful and helpful, the position was really close to the railway station and shops. The room was great, we were on the 18th floor, which my daughter thought was way cool and I particularly liked the fact they served breakfast until 12.00 on a Sunday, which was excellent!

The only negative thing was the city noise - party goers, cars and police sirens - but then, we were staying in a city after all and you can't blame the hotel for that

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your review - I am happy to read of your positive experience! I note you were on the 18th floor, in my opinion thats the best place to be in terms of the view, also as you mentioned we have noise at times from the city so it's best to be higher up!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay an hope to hear from you again next time your in town.

All the best,

Sarah.Duffield@radissonblu.com
DD: 0121 654 6010

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My first impression of the hotel was fanatstic. The striking architecture meets you as you turn the corner. We were greeted efficiently. I asked the lady at reception where the nearest taxi rank is and she was sure to tell us that they would order taxis for us as there were none nearby. The hotel had a beautiful interior and the bedroom wall was nearly completely glass which offered views far accross the city. I am slightly disappointed we were not on a higher floor but definitely enjoyed the light airy aspect. The bathroom was clean and a beautiful touch was a heated mirror to stop it misting when the shower was in use!

Room Tip: Requesta a room on a higher floor for better views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review and positive comments, I am glad you had a nice time. In regards to the higher up rooms, it's better for us when we know in advance due to the demand, please just drop me a line next time and I'll make sure you have our top floor!

Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here on business- lovely room, nice staff, comfy bed, very clean, great shower, good toiletries , mini bar- would stay again. The staff are very professional- ordered me a taxi
I which arrived in seconds. Nice breakfast.

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your great feedback! - All the team will be happy to see such great comments .

I hope you will think of us again next time your in the area!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Great location, good staff and facilities what you would expect from Radisson.
The only reason I have given my review 4 instead of 5, is that my room was booked as a double and I ended up with two single beds. They had apparently run out of double bedded rooms when I checked in. The only negative in what was a great stay.

Room Tip: Request a Double bedded room on a high floor

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments! - I do apologise for room type confusion my assurances this would not be the case in the future.

I hope you will get in touch direct when you are back in town so we can look after you once again.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Th elast Radisson I stayed in was in Aarhus, Denmark, and it was a lovely experience. This one was almost as good. The Blu brand is slightly less 'posh' than the main SAS group I guess, but this blue themed tower was a nice place to stay.

Reseption was good; speedy and efficient with the minimumk of fuss. They let me leave my car while I found my room as parking is around the corner (there is a 'shortcut' via the staff tunnels which seems a bit seedy but better than a long walk around the corner).

The room was nice; clean and well appointed but with some signs of being popular (wear). Bathroom was 5/5; nice toiletries for the level and a gorgeously comfortable bath, ideal for reading.

The bed was a twin set side by side but with single duvets, not awful but I like a good stretch and this stopped me (the hotel was, tbh, very busy and they did swap me out of a disabled access room).

Didn't do the restaurant but did try brekky. The usual hotel food, I'm afraid; drying bacon, dark brown mushrooms and scrambled eggs cooked to an inch of their lives. So many good hotels fall down here.

Location is ok, Birmiingham is undergoing a bit of a rebuild and some of the local buildings are undergoing facelifts, and they need it. The view is quite wonderfuly though.

I'm never a fan of hotel fooderies but The Mailbox is a short walk away so food was never a problem. Wifi is available but not very hi-speed, adequate at best.

All in all not too bad a place to stay in Brum.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the quieter you get.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for returning to Radisson BLU! - I was pleased to read you were happy with the hotel service, we pride ourselves on Yes I Can! So it was great to here we met your expectations on service.

With regards to the rooms we are on track to make some changes towards year end, I hope you were otherwise comfortable. I am sure other reviewers are grateful for your recommendations so thank you once again for your time and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu.

Hope to see you once again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed here in one of the suites with my wife. The room was very spacious and to a good standard. The NCP car park isn't owned or connected to the hotel but only a 5 minute walk (1 minute if the staff let you out the back way). Breakfast in the morning was great. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments. I am glad you and your partner enjoyed the one bedroom suite, they are worth the little extra more I'm sure you will agree.

I will pass you comments about breakfast to the chef!, The super buffet breakfast is the best part of the departure! We look forward to welcoming you back soon, please get in touch when you have a date.

All the best,