“Fantastic customer service & great hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Sheffield
“Fantastic customer service & great hotel”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in loads of hotels up & down the country with a good few 5* & the customer service here was well up there.

We arrived really tired & staff carried our cases in from the car and helped us with parking, we were running late to the theatre so staff phoned the Hippodrome for us to explain.

We came back after 12 & the concierge helped us in the lift & offered to take them to the room but we declined as we were fine. The rooms were stunning we had connecting rooms with beautiful views & top spec bathroom. Lots of amenities were provided, trouser press, iron, hair dryer, mini bar.

Every member of staff I saw from the maid to the maintenance man made an effort to say hello & ask if I was enjoying my stay which I haven't come across in many hotels!

I would love to stay here again it was a great experience & a good price for what you get!

• Stayed September 2013
Russell M, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel!

It was really pleasing for the team to read such lovely comments from you and more pleasing to read that they made such a positive impact on your stay - we are firm believers in providing the best service for our guests, a smile and a warm welcome costs nothing but goes a long way - feedback such as yours only enhances the teams desire to aim to please our guests even more, therefore, it really is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us very soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Bishops Tachbrook, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here for my husband's 50th birthday treat, asked for a high floor as other reviewer recommended this due to the street noise. Got the 17th floor, don't look down!

Very central location in birmingham, was going to drive but again saw that parking is a problem, train station is 5 minutes away.

Room was nice but bathroom could have done with a better clean/update, grouting dirty and sealant uneven by the sink.

Nice meal at the restaurant in the hotel. Didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your review of our hotel.

We are in the process of a soft refurbishment to all of our guest rooms, most are now complete - our rooms are cleaned to a very high standard, however, I appreciate how aged grouting can give off the wrong impression - rest assured this is work in progress and please accept our apologies for any discomfort caused.

Pleasing to read you appreciated our location, the adjacent NCP car park is very straight forward and our guests benefit from a reduced 24 hour rate of £14 (normally £24) - Good to know for your next stay!

We hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On arriving at the hotel the reception area and lobby's all looked excellent and very well keeped unfortunately the room didn't quite have the same feel. The room was very unorganised and not a lot of thought had gone into the accessibility of the room, for example the area where the kettle was placed with all the tea/coffee/sugar/cups etc, there was no plug available so everthing had to be moved to where one was. To dry your hair where there was a mirror available was inside a wardrobe that was a little tricky etc! No drawers were available to place your clothes. The bathroom was very nice but all around the bath there was black mildew and the grout was dirty the pop up waste was blocked on the bath and when I removed the plug to let the water drain away it was filthy! I think this hotel needs to have a good clean! I have recently stayed at the a premier inn and I think they could teach this hotel a few lessons! I will not return here. Also as we left we were having problems with the car park and the gentlemen on the desk was very sharp and rude, there was really no need for it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay.

Very sorry to read that overall the room layout was not to your satisfaction, we have a variety of layouts available and I'm certain we have one much more to your liking.

In regard to your comments about the bathroom condition, we are in the process of a soft refurbishment to all guests rooms which includes re-grouting to a small number of bathrooms, very sorry that this was a disappointment for you and I sincerely hope that we can get you back for a much better experience.

At your convenience can you please contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay, particularly concerning are your comments about the reception staff on check-out - 0121 654 6000.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been staying at the Radisson Blue, Glasgow quite often. This was my first visit to Radisson Blu Birmingham. No complaints on the hotel or its hospitality. Very tidy rooms and efficient arrangement. Good breakfast.

Had a brilliant dinner at the Italian restaurant at the hotel - I had been offered a discount coupon at the reception which was cool. Quite good. Close to the train station - so very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Many thanks for your review of our hotel - always great to receive such positive feedback from our loyal and regular guests.

We are very proud of our Italian restaurant Filini, our new Executive chef was naturally delighted to read your positive feedback - he really is taking the food quality to another level so it's pleasing to read it hit the spot for you.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Comfortable stay in modern stylish room with reasonable space and good bathroom. Also very good quality breakfast. Friendly staff overall but reception staff could use training in systems as had to ask for help both when checking in and checking out

Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stopped here on a Sunday having just got back into Birmingham from a flight from Chicago. We went to check in early and thankfully there was a room available. We stopped in the business suite, which was very spacious, the room was comfortable and the view of parts of Brum were good despite being low down. The location is also brilliant, it is within alking distances of Broad St, The Bullring and New St station, so in prime location.
The hotel is very smart and has a good ambiance to it, the hotel abr aswell is good.
Wifi is free of charge, and if in the business suite, the breakfast is free. I only had cereals, but my partner who had scrambled eggs, sausage and cappucinio was very complimentary about it.
Considering we only paid £45 for the night, it is hard to pick any faults with the hotel, other then the lack of parking, this is a problem in most cities so not a lot can be done. Will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I travel plenty for work and am always staying in Hotels around the country. This Hotel was a big let down - the most important thing for me when I'm away from home is that I get a good nights rest and a smile in the morning, I got neither.

The rooms are large but the decor will not be to everyone's taste and the lighting is poor.

The 'king size bed' is actually two very uncomfortable singles pushed together. Pillows are not to an acceptable standard at all.

I had room service and the food was good, service timely with my server incredibly friendly. This is the only instance where I was satisfied with the staff and level of service.

Breakfast had a good selection of continental items but for the price hot breakfast should really be cooked to order not served on a buffet - yuck! Their servers are sullen and curt.

With the exception of the location - 5 mins from New Str Station - you'd be better off staying in a 4* independently owned B&B. I'm pleased I only had to stay one night.