“Pricey, but worth it”

Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Pricey, but worth it”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed on the 16th floor in a suite, room was clean and well presented, nice comfy bed and a relaxing bath, worth asking for a upgrade to a suite when booking, and always ask for a high floor 14 upwards to appreciate the views and cut out the noise from the city which can be quite bad on weekends due to all the beeping taxis and boy racers trying to impress their mates (haha)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and room upgrade
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed over to have a night with friends & and do some shopping. The hotel is in the city & near the train station my room was clean & comfortable it had great views we ate in the restaurant and thought the food lovely it was really nice stay .

Stayed February 2014
Llanelli
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Radisson for the third time in January. Booked a one bedroom suite on the 16th floor. Our room was ready upon arrival and the check in was friendly and quick. Check in staff were polite and very helpful.
Our room was great. Very spacious and clean, with a great corner position. Being on the 16th floor made the view somewhat better.
Was very impressed with the amenities available in the room and the quality of the furniture. I read some negative reviews here but overall I think the one bedroom suite was very good value given its size and amenities.
I have re booked again for later this month. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our room in itself was perfectly ok. Comfortable, quiet and a view, albeit of a roundabout in Birmingham ! But frankly I was fine with that. Good breakfast too.
What I wasn't fine with was the plumbing. A luke warm bath in the evening. A sink tap that just dribbled cold water, and the only way we got hot showers in the morning was to flush the toilet every 30 secs, which we obviously discovered by accident !!
But what really annoys me is that a) I wasn't asked how my stay was when I checked out and b) when I complain about the plumbing I was promised contact from the manager which after 5 days has still not happened.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear David H,
Many thanks for your review and constructive feedback, with your comments we can improve both product and service.
I have taken your comments up with our Chief Engineer and we will be investigating that the water was not at the required temperature, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and this is definitely not what to expect from a 4 star hotel.
I sincerely hope you will stay with us any time soon, please contact me directly and I will personally look after your booking.
Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel looks like a luxury hotel from the outside however is in need of renovation.

Rooms are a good size, however furniture is tacky - painted gold & a little chipped. There were also a few stains on the carpet. TV was of extremely poor quality & small. Not what you would expect from a four star hotel. Cleanliness standards are not up to scratch.

Whilst in the shower, I heard a door bang. A few minutes later I received a call from reception & to my horror they advised me that they had given a guest the key to my room caused by an error on the booking system. The guest had then entered the room. No apology was given. Considering that I was a woman travelling alone, this caused me great concern. I complained at Reception was still not given an apology. Customer service is clearly not a priority.

I have stayed at the hotel once before & my experience was slightly better, however I would think carefully before booking again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jetsetadventures2013
Dear Jetsetadventures,
Many thanks for your recent review, your feedback is important to us.
I agree with you that an upgrade is needed, and I am happy to confirm that this is taking place in the coming 4 weeks, we will be re-carpeting all the remaining bedrooms.
I have taken your feedback on board in regards to the TV system and we do our best to upgrade this any time soon to an upgraded standard.
We are terribly sorry for double booking your room I have followed this up internally and amended the operating procedure to avoid this from happening in the future.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Took husband away for his birthday very disappointed with the hotel. Rubbish room that seems tired. Wish I had spent the money on another hotel. Fan is making a loud noise in the bathroom. Carpet has lots of stains on it and the curtains have seen better days.

• Stayed February 2014
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Florencevictoria,
Many thanks for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor, your feedback is important to us.
We are very sorry for your disappointing stay, all points addressed in your feedback are currently addressed and in the next 6 weeks the second stage of the room refurbishment will commence.
Please do contact me personally in case you do wish to stay with us again and I will personally look after your booking.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A quick stop over from shopping in Birmingham, got a great deal but overall this felt a real let down. Room ok, quite funky and colourful, but little things like lose door handles, low power in the shower, just spoil it (especially as it is supposed to be 4 Star?) No one serving in the bar and the restaurant service was so poor. 15 minutes to get a bottle of wine - mind you, I couldn't have a bottle that was served to us earlier in the hotel bar - only what was on the menu - obviously a walk down one set of stairs was just too much trouble - I wouldn't mind but the restaurant was very quiet. Despite telling the waiter 3 times that he had brought my partner the wrong starter, he kept bringing it back over and again, saying the chef insisted it was what we ordered?? In the end, we said forget the starter, They then went on to charge us for it having previously apologised and said they would take it off the bill. They automatically charge a 10% service charge?? and it took them three attempts to add up the bill and explain why service charge and some other charge, which I gave up trying to understand were placed on the bill twice. The reception staff were pleasant enough, but for a Radisson, it was disappointing. Not the greatest location either, the surrounding area has seen better times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Phil O,
Our sincere apologies for the lack of service you have received during your visit, we very much appreciate your feedback.
All points raised have been discussed with our team to avoid this from happening in the future, your experience is not what the Radison Blu experience should be.
I sincerely hope that you will come and visit us again and we are able to deliver the ultimate customer service what every guest deserves in our hotel.