“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #75 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Worcestershire
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

When things go wrong, as they can do, what matters to me is how the hotel deals with the situation.

Last September, I surprised my wife on our Wedding Anniversary with a night at Radisson Blu and tickets to see "The Lion King" at Birmingham Hippodrome. Unfortunately, the hotel receptionist made a mistake when I checked-in that caused my credit card company to send me a "security alert" about a possible fraudulent transaction.

I can only thank and commend JENNI MOORE at the hotel for the manner in which she addressed the problem.

To compensate for the inconvenience I was caused, Jenni offered me a return visit to the hotel that we took when we returned to Birmingham for a concert at the Symphony Hall last week,

Jenni's deal saved us £80 for the room, and included a welcoming bottle of wine (worth £18) plus complimentary breakfasts, which we throroughly enjoyed.

We stayed in Room 501 ... a spacious Business Class corner room on the fifth-floor. Although not perched that far above the busy Holloway Circus roundabout, the bed is so comfy that we both enjoyed a really good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the Valentine's weekend and now I wish I booked the Hyatt or LaTour instead. I asked for the room to be as high as possible to make this a memorable weekend but I got a room on the 8th floor. I was told that the rooms are nice and recently refurbished. What I got was dirty carpet and scruffy looking room. Bathroom not finished to a high standard as you'd expect, looked like one from a budget hotel.

Sorry but for this price this wasn't worth it at all!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natalia2043
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Natalia2043 ,
Many thanks for your recent review, we appreciate your feedback.
Unfortunately on high demand days like Valentines day we are not able to gurantee the top floor, we have started our refurbishment a couple of weeks ago and the first phase which included the top number of floors, this will now continue in the coming weeks in which we will refurbish the remainder of rooms.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to expereince our newly refurbished rooms.
Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Hereford
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here for my husband's work Christmas party in December 2013. The room was nice and spacious, although there were no plug sockets anywhere near any of the mirrors, which was unhelpful when trying to dry your hair. Breakfast was nice. What was really disappointing though was the service received. The Christmas party was in one of the hotels function rooms and a bar. Drinks were very expensive and my husband said his beer definitely tasted watered down. The DJ that was there looked thoroughly disinterested and just playing with his phone and occasionally muttering something unintelligible into the microphone. The music was dire - at one point he played several songs from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack which is not exactly party music. Nobody danced, which having been to several of their Christmas parties now, is unheard of. People were sat at tables talking and the staff were making it very obvious they wanted people to leave by clearing up around everyone and at midnight actually told everyone to leave. When dismay was expressed, they were told to go to the ground floor to the bar, which nobody wanted to do as they were happy where they were. After about 10 minutes the staff, acting like bouncers, actually herded everyone to the lifts like sheep. Very disappointing, especially considering how much my husband's boss must have spent to try and give everyone a fantastic night, which the hotel couldn't do.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FamilyVonTrapp6
Dear FamilyVonTrapp6 ,
Many thanks for your review reagrding your visit in December, we are very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.
The overall feedback from all our Christmas parties was great and numbers were up on the previous year, we take your feedback on board and will discuss this in our next management meeting.
Kind Regards,
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed on the 16th floor in a suite, room was clean and well presented, nice comfy bed and a relaxing bath, worth asking for a upgrade to a suite when booking, and always ask for a high floor 14 upwards to appreciate the views and cut out the noise from the city which can be quite bad on weekends due to all the beeping taxis and boy racers trying to impress their mates (haha)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and room upgrade
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
birmingham
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed over to have a night with friends & and do some shopping. The hotel is in the city & near the train station my room was clean & comfortable it had great views we ate in the restaurant and thought the food lovely it was really nice stay .

Stayed February 2014
Llanelli
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Radisson for the third time in January. Booked a one bedroom suite on the 16th floor. Our room was ready upon arrival and the check in was friendly and quick. Check in staff were polite and very helpful.
Our room was great. Very spacious and clean, with a great corner position. Being on the 16th floor made the view somewhat better.
Was very impressed with the amenities available in the room and the quality of the furniture. I read some negative reviews here but overall I think the one bedroom suite was very good value given its size and amenities.
I have re booked again for later this month. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our room in itself was perfectly ok. Comfortable, quiet and a view, albeit of a roundabout in Birmingham ! But frankly I was fine with that. Good breakfast too.
What I wasn't fine with was the plumbing. A luke warm bath in the evening. A sink tap that just dribbled cold water, and the only way we got hot showers in the morning was to flush the toilet every 30 secs, which we obviously discovered by accident !!
But what really annoys me is that a) I wasn't asked how my stay was when I checked out and b) when I complain about the plumbing I was promised contact from the manager which after 5 days has still not happened.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David H,
Many thanks for your review and constructive feedback, with your comments we can improve both product and service.
I have taken your comments up with our Chief Engineer and we will be investigating that the water was not at the required temperature, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and this is definitely not what to expect from a 4 star hotel.
I sincerely hope you will stay with us any time soon, please contact me directly and I will personally look after your booking.
Kind Regards