“Terrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for my birthday and paid £104 for a night including breakfast. Definitely not worth the money. Location is good as it's only a few minutes walk to the Arcadian and Mailbox but, location does not make up for the horrible, outdated, unclean, unkempt hotel that this is.

I changed room 4 times as the staff on 2 occasions gave me a non-smoking room on a smoking floor, one which clearly was not as it had an ash tray in it! Note to staff - taking an ash tray out of a room to make it non-smoking does not make it that!

I was staying with my boyfriend and the only room they could offer me was a twin! Embarrassing but, it was too late to move to another hotel as my booking at MPW was in an hour!

I would not recommend this to anyone.

Also, some websites you book through will show this hotel as a hotel with parking. It is not.

Will never stay here again or another Blu hotel for that matter.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MPerks, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear of the issues you had when staying with us. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss further the matters that you have raised.

With regards to the car park, the hotel does not have valet parking but we do have discounted rates with the NCP which is located behind the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Marie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Booked again for the a Radisson Blu hotel for a weekend event that was on in the city. The room we had was a business class room and it was huge. Great view of the city, staff were lovely. Great stay. We've stayed in a few hotels in birmingham & will come back here now everytime. Thanks Radisson

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jordan

We are so happy to hear the wonderful feedback of your recent stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a lovely hotel in the city centre. We had booked in a different hotel which we left immediately upon arrival. Looked on www.booking.com and Radisson came up, we booked a business class room and went on over. They checked us in right away at 1pm, even though check was 3pm. Receptionist was lovely and very thorough about facilities and breakfast times and very welcoming. We were given a key to the room and off we went. Walked in to room on 16th floor to amazing views and a spacious bedroom. Very clean and so bright/airy. We had a good sized bathroom and nice toiletries. The bed was big and spacious, the room had a Nespresso machine (which I love) and so many pods of coffee. My suggestion is you get a room as high as possible for the views. The onsite restaurant is fabulous, a great menu for dinner and lunch, but for me the breakfast was TASTY!! Buffett style and fresh, so much choice for everyone, lovely brie and cheese choice, great fresh meats and fruit selection, its spacious and tables are not on top of each other. The hotel is safe and secure with room-key needed to operate lift and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for high up!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Majid

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! The staff are very greatful for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife, who is 7 months pregnant and son who is 2 stayed at the Radisson blu Birmingham weekend of 24th and 25th May. We had booked a one bedroom suite but were pleasantly surprised on check in to have been upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the 18th floor. The suite was fantastic, large living area, dining area, kitchenette, bathroom and shower. Fabulous, we thought. We looked around the shops at the nearby bullring and the mailbox also nearby. We returned to the hotel around 3pm on Saturday, as my wife wanted a lie down being so pregnant. On returning to the room, sitting in the living area all we could hear was really loud music, really loud. I'm only 36 and not past it yet! We tried to find the source of the music and wasn't sure if it was from the apartment above the room. I called 'one touch service' and the manager came to the room to help find the source. To then be told it's the Birmingham Pride LGBT festival literally 50 yards from the hotel. We were told the music would end at 7 or 8pm and that we should know about it as it has been advertised nationally.. Making me feel guilty and bigoted that I should have known! Even if I had seen the festival was on I wouldn't have known it would have banging music into my hotel room until midnight.. I received a call from reception at around 8.30pm asking if we were enjoying our stay. I mentioned again the room is unusable and was told again the festival had been advertised nationally.. Whilst the hotel is nice and the room was great banging music until midnight, it's as loud as standing outside the front door of a night club. My 2 year old hardly slept before midnight and my wife and I were forced to wait until the music went off before trying to sleep. I wasn't happy about being lied to on Saturday as we thought the music would be turned off 'soon' as soon as 8pm passed. Sunday night we gave in and went out until my little boy couldn't stay awake anymore. It ruined what was meant to be a nice quiet break in a nice hotel before our next baby arrives.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jamesaug
Dear James

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am aware of the issues that your encountered during your stay with us. I am glad that you liked the room but am sorry that the noise, which was out of our control, put a damper on what otherwise would have been a great stay.

We hope that you will come back to us once your new baby is born. Should you decide to do so please let me know.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I'm here now and extremely disappointed at our room- 1204
I stay in Birmingham a few times a year and this should be on a par with the better hotels for the money.

However the room is tired, marks all over the walls and doors, stains on the carpet, the shower doesn't work properly and the hairdryer only blows cold.
I'm not gonna bother complaining I just won't stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KittyHP
Dear Kitty

I am sorry to hear of the issues that occurred during your stay with us. Just so you are aware we have been slowly refurbishing our rooms and I can see that you did report your issues to the staff at the time. I do hope that the way the staff dealt with the situation was to your satisfaction.

Should you ever wish to come and stay with us again do let me know.

Marie

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went into Birmingham to see a show and decided that we would stay overnight and do some shopping as well.
The staff are polite helpful and friendly. The room was excellent, the bed was first class and the breakfast was pretty good too.
We had a room on the 13th floor and I was expecting it to be very quiet but we did get some unexpected traffic noise, as we live in a very quiet cull de sac we tend to hear noise in hotels more perhaps than the average person.
But we had a great night and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise, and better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear David

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Twice I have stayed here and both times had excellent service, wonderful room and do not have a bad word to say. Also, the breakfast buffet is the best I've ever had. I would definitely recommend staying here. Also it is very central and the views are beautiful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MPerks, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback which has been shared with the team. It is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.