“Theatre visit”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
“Theatre visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stayed at the hotel for purposes of going to the theatre. Everything was as we wished - we had asked for a higher floor suite - and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel was convenient for everything with subsidised parking adjacent

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank peterrC4235OG
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and our location worked so well for you.

I hope we see you again in the future

Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Atherstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed for one night ,had room on 11th floor overlooking Pagoda Island.No complaints room very comfortable,check in/check out staff very efficient and polite.First experience of Radisson brand and would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Room on highest floor for panoramic views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel following your recent stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us especially the views from your room.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Birmingham during your next trip to the city.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of August for two nights. Having previously relied on budget hotels when travelling and visiting new places, it was definitely a breath of fresh air to be staying here. Staff were helpful, the hotel in itself was lovely and so were the rooms. Cleaned daily which I find is always a big positive. Situated near to the train station and the bullring shopping centre which was great. Prices for food are a little on the pricey side but that is only to be expected. Overall a lovely stay and would definitely come again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you taking time out to review our Hotel following your recent visit.

We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable in particular the bedroom and service from our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Birmingham in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

The location is amazing and is right in the centre of birmingham with a few minutes walk to bullring and new street station. The rooms are nice, spacious and well furnished. Breakfast variety is amazing. However, the gym is really small and there is no swimming pool.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for such a great review! Your time completing this is very much appreciated.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

A lovely modern hotel, the fellini restaurant is very nice with great food, the breakfast was impressive there was so much to choose from, my only critisim is that if you book the fellini experience package you are only allowed to order off the theatre menus which is very limited.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Ross L, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit.

I have sent a copy of your review to the Executive Head Chef so that he can review the Filini package offering.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I have stayed at the Radisson on several occasions before, and to be fair it’s my number one choice for hotel in Birmingham. I usually stay in a suite, however on this occasion I chose an executive business class room – a little smaller than a suite (according to the picture on the website) and around £120 cheaper. Plus, I would be using it for nothing more than changing my clothes and sleeping.

I initially booked on line a couple of months back and the room was £129.00 per night.
A few days before, I checked the price again, and the same room was now £116.00 per night!! So I cancelled my original booking and re-booked at the cheaper rate….. And I wonder was what caused all the issues.....

Right from the start, the entire experience was disappointing. We arrived early, around 2:45, and our room wasn't ready – so we waiting in the bar as check-in wasn't until 3pm - I expected that.
At 3:15, I went to check in, the room wasn't ready. I was told, the room should be ready in around another half an hour. I was given a voucher for a free drink – initially only one, but I argued as there was two of us and two of us were waiting to check in, could we have two vouchers …. I was reluctantly given two vouchers.

As my partner and I waited in the bar for our room to be ready. We witnessed many people coming through the doors and being checked in immediately. In addition, other people who had been waiting in the bar were being called to their rooms too.
As it was the start of my birthday celebrations, my partner had planned a number of activities for the afternoon, but sadly we had to cancel these at the last minute as we were still waiting to check in.
Whilst, we waited we were trying to guess why it was taking so long…was it because I asked for a free upgrade or some nice chocs/wine during my booking (as it was a birthday weekend) - they weren't.

At 3:45, I went back to the reception, and asked about the room…. still they could not confirm if my room was ready. A few phone calls later, and lots of running around – we could check in – around 3:55pm.!!

18 floors up near the gym is where my room was – apparently I had requested a high floor. Er no, I requested a free upgrade (to be cheeky) but would settle for some nice chocolates and some wine.
I was disappointed, the room was small - about the size of standard room in the Ibis. It didn't look clean, and the overall feel of the room was that it was a last resort room and one that wasn't inhabited frequently. There were no chocs. No wine, no water. Nada, Zilch.
My partner did complain to reception who knocked £16 off the bill (no questions asked) and gave us some free champers that was actually Prosecco - I am not snob, but I know the difference.
There was lots of little things that the Radisson missed out, I don’t care about not having wine and chocs (it would have ruined by appetite for dinner); but they were not their usual attentive selves. Makes me think twice about booking anything other than a suite here.

1 Thank Jannon01
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had booked a 2 night stay including a 3 course meal with wine , breakfast both mornings and a spa day On arrival for our friends Hen Do, reception staff did not have all of the guests down that had booked They tried to charge us for breakfast told us the spa had closed they had no notes on their system regarding the package we had or any of the conversations I had with the reservations team who had really been helpful prior to our arrival. They tried to squeeze 3 people into a room with 2 single beds. We had to wait another 1/2 hour for them to finally bring another bed up. We had booked a Spa package with the hotel. I was told a month before the Spa had closed but the reservation girl Alycia did everything to book us into anther spa at no extra cost with taxis which was good. The breakfast is pretty poor and was cold.
However the evening meal was gorgeous we had wine included but the waitress didn't know so we had to ask for that. She questioned us and said we would be charge if it wasn't included. The 2nd nights stay none of us could get into our rooms we all had to come back down to sort that out the lifts take ages. For the amount of rooms they need more lifts.
We were booked into smoking rooms none of us smoke the whole floor and rooms stink of smoke.
They did discount our rooms for the problems however we would of preferred everything to have just been perfect instead.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed dinner in Filini and that Alicja from our Reservations team looked after you so well prior to your arrival.

It is disappointing that not all parts of your visit went so well but I believe lessons have been learnt there by the team in Filini re the inclusions of the Filini Dinner package and room allocation with additional bed.

I know that the team have offered compensation for the mistakes during your stay but I would like to apologise once again on behalf of the Hotel management for falling short of your expectations, I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future to show you our usual high standards of service.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest Regards

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels