“Unforgettable experience.”
Review of Dome Club - CLOSED

Dome Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine putting your head inside a YouTube video. Imagine the video playing all around you. At Dome Club, you don't just watch the video, you immerse yourself in it.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Absolutely amazing experience, would love to do it again, never seen anything like it and to such good music as well, unifies amazing art work and music!

2 Thank Louise M
DomeClubUK, Owner at Dome Club, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
It's such a pleasure to hear such genuine-sounding feedback. Thank you, we're so pleased you enjoyed yourself and would love to do so again.

Solihull, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Interesting concept”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went to see what I think was the very first performance of Dark Side of The Moon on 3rd January so that should be taken into consideration with this review. Unfortunately we arrived late and so had to squeeze in a gap in the middle of the dome, and to be honest there was not enough space and I had several peoples feet touching me; myself and my boyfriend saved some space by sharing a pillow but it was still not comfortable; I definitely think there needs to be more pillows or indeed just a padded floor! In addition, I was facing the wrong way, as although it is a dome, much of the visuals are intended to be viewed from one direction (to his credit though, Mario did say that those facing the wrong way that time could come back again for free, though unfortunately I was unable to take up that offer). So comfort in general was not great for us. Also felt uncomfortable having to pose for photos at the end of the show. Staff were very friendly though.

The videos that accompanied the music were in my opinion a mixed bag; some were immersive and exciting to watch, almost like a simulator. Some were very trippy, in line with the music. And some I just found downright weird, or boring, and I tuned out in places. Again, this is just my opinion.

All in all an interesting concept that will hopefully carry on and improve in execution as more people show interest.

2 Thank Katharine B
DomeClubUK, Owner at Dome Club, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your constructive feedback. Yes indeed, the 3rd Jan was only the second time we had ever inflated the dome (with no fixed venue, it's not possible to run tests). The dome manufacturer had said we could accommodate 45 adults and so we sold 40 tickets just to be safe. YET it turned out they meant 'sitting' while we had assumed 'lying down'. We immediately reduced subsequent ticket numbers and now only sell 30. Being a 'pop-up' public event, photographs are crucial to help us publicise Dome Club and find a partnership venue. Now, instead of placing notices about photography around the room, we print them directly on the programme. We're sorry you didn't get to enjoy the dome experience in the best way and hope we can possibly make it up to you in the future.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Sublime Time”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Saw a number of this seasons presentations and the new dome is just excellent. You feel like you are falling through the show and are part of it not just an interested spectator. A great way to spend an evening, looking forward to the next installment.

1 Thank ErK692014
DomeClubUK, Owner at Dome Club, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you - and not only with Dome Club-type visuals. Just yesterday we visited our second school with the 7m dome and the powerful sense of immersion with regular astronomy content made three 10 year-old students so nauseous they had to leave. We've never seen that before with the common 5m dome.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stress Relief!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

A wonderful event though much too short, could have done with twice the length. Friendly professional staff. I think this should be available on the NHS for the stressed!

1 Thank Julia K
DomeClubUK, Owner at Dome Club, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
What a good suggestion regarding the NHS! In fact, we are in discussions with a youth centre director who is looking to apply for funding to utilise the dome as a 'safe space' for young teenage girls to speak honestly about gang-related issues. The dome - like the original dome, the sky - does indeed have therapeutic properties :-)

Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic night!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went to see 2 shows in one night (Dark Side and The Wall), and it was an amazing evening. Would highly recommend it - although I could have done with more pillows for the first show! First show we were round the outside of the Dome, but we were in the middle for the second show, so we got to experience both - I have to say I did prefer the middle of the Dome.
Staff were lovely and very friendly, although wasn't too keen to have my photo taken!

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Bubba1979
DomeClubUK, Owner at Dome Club, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Yes indeed, lying in the centre directly under the dome zenith is known as the 'sweet spot' for that very reason. We're pleased to hear you attended two performances and enjoyed them both. Please let us know if you'd like your photo removed from our Facebook page? We indicated on the programme that we'd be taking photos and that if anyone was unhappy just to let us know, so we're sorry if you didn't see that.