“A Nice Change”

Keyhunter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We went here as a group of friends, 4 of us in total. It was a really good activity to do, something different that nowhere else local can offer.

We went in the Red Dragon Room, which is the hardest, although we escaped with time to spare we still want to return to try the others.

I agree with some of the other comments that the staff could make it more of an experience by maybe giving a brief background into the room you are entering, as you tend to just be put in there, turn off the lights and be left.

Very good experience, not perfect and has potential to improve but enjoyable nether the less.

2  Thank Katie G

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Beyond the reception room this place is very rough around the edges. Staff was very welcoming and helpful, but we expected someone with a little more impact and drama, considering the nature of the game. There's a back story to every puzzle room, but there was no mention of it while you are there, and only discovered through their webpage. An important opportunity missed.
The website and Facebook page set expectations high, but sadly you could find the reality quite insulting, especially if you have paid full price.
Having said that, this is a fantastic idea and I'm not sure there's anything like it elsewhere, so if you're prepared to look past the dirt and tattiness you'll have a good time. To be honest I feel they are quite oblivious to how grubby the place is - for e.g. it was very kind of them to offer the use of their toilet, but I'd recommend they just deny having one…..

If these guys could smarten up the place, involve the visitor in the story lines, and get rid of the nasty 'old student house' feeling, they could make a mint.
But I kinda feel a bit ripped off.

4  Thank Arti1980
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Anyone who likes a challenge, this is a must and although we did escape, I would say there is so much potential for the theme of this sort of challenge, we will attempt the other 2 rooms at some stage.
I would also say that the story line and décor could be a little more cohesive.
It would be interesting to review again when we have done all 3 rooms.

2  Thank 63Phil
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My fiancé and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience here... We tackled the Triad room (bronze - easiest of rooms), we did not know what to expect, and with there being just the two of us, we wanted to give ourselves a fighting chance and started with one of the easiest of rooms. Happily to say we escaped, with time to spare.

Don't expect much from your surroundings here... the decor of the game rooms will not blow you away, they are lacking in a bit of imagination.. also the building is a bit run down and seen better days... But what we took away from the experience was much more important than any decor, we had a fabulous time... and took away some fond memories. These memories consisted of us being locked in a room and having to work together to crack the codes and find the next clues to escape, I would liked to say we worked together in harmony, but there were times we were more competitive and racing to see who could figure it out first. We are already planning to return in the near future (which speaks for its self) to take on another, but more challenging room.

Don't knock it until you've tried it...

2  Thank Red-Zombie83
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I took our daughter and her boyfriend there as one of her birthday activities. We really enjoyed it. The clues were very clever and the experience was challenging yet fun. We made it out of Triad with time to spare (no thanks to me, all I did was hold the torch). The kids (teens, rather) are looking forward to trying the other rooms as well.

1  Thank JennyF510