“Excellent! ”
Review of Blakesley Hall

Blakesley Hall
Ranked #38 of 288 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Grade II* Tudor house built c.1590. Wonderful gardens, lovely tearoom, and family friendly. Part of Birmingham Museums Trust. Open Tuesday to Sunday, 11am-4pm until 29th October 2017. Winter opening hours to be confirmed.
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came to visit the house earlier in the year, we found the whole experience very enjoyable indeed. It's a very pleasant experience for adults and children alike would definitely recommend this place. The cafeteria is actually a slight bit expensive, however the food is just gorgeous, one loved the carrot cake.

3  Thank Garethpittaway
There are newer reviews for Blakesley Hall

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I first visited Blakesley Hall about 35 years ago with my junior school class and for some years had been intending to pay a return visit. The opportunity came up today and I took my Mom who had never visited the Hall before. The staff were really friendly and enthusiastic - I learnt that one of them travels from Wolverhampton for six days of the week to work for four hours a day at Blakesley, which I think shows devotion!
The facilities are great and the gardens, although understandably small, are peaceful. The Hall itself is really interesting and bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. The presentation provides plenty of interest for both adults and children and I would highly recommend Blakesley for a visit.

1  Thank Jo T
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Many things to see here. In the main house there were guides to take you round if that's what you wanted. We accepted this offer. The gentleman was very knowledgeable and also had a good sense if humour. He even let us up into the attic where you don't normally get to go! He timed his tour with us so we had time for a drink in the cafe before going to the gallery where there was a talk on the workhouses of Birmingham by Chris Upton. This talk was really interesting. Then we walked the gardens and orchard, before visiting the shop at the end of the trip. Good value for money, staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Will definately return another day

1  Thank Annettelingwood
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a great day out here on Sunday, had a great surprise when we were told it was free admittance on that day, Great place to walk around and Doreen our guide was superb, The cafe was wonderful with lovely fresh food and friendly staff, couldnt have asked for a nicer day out, The hall it self is well looked after, the gardens are beautiful too
Thanks you to all at Blakesley hall we look forward to returning again soon
Rgds Olivia an Tony

1  Thank Livi196
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Having lived around the corner from here for most of my life decided to pop in today. What a gem. £4 (£3 concessions), FREE for under 16s...and free on the first Sunday of the month. Today we had a personal guided tour, the kids could do some crafting, as well as play giant Jenga and Connect 4 whilst we had a lovely coffee and cake. After we strolled around the herb garden. All in all a really lovely half day out (it is only open from 12-4pm).

Definitely recommended for budding historians or for something different to do if you're near Brum...or just pop in for a coffee and stroll around the grounds for free!

2  Thank Plessie