“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #41 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Wales, UK
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed there the night before our flight, got a family room for £29. Asked for a quite room at the end of a corridor, as travelling with a baby (so no fire door slamming in the middle of night) was given a fantastic room in the recently refurbished wing on 3 floor. Massive room, very clean. On our way to the hotel restaurant, asked a member of staff for some extra towels, delivered within the minutes. Food was really nice in the restaurant, and very attentive. This is well recommended hotel, will stay there again. Plenty parking and it feels secure, comparing to near by Travelodge. Airport 5min drive.

Well done Premier Inn, you have great and friendly staff in this hotel.

Room Tip: New wing, away from doors
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank EdH033

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently stayed here for one night on business which I do a few times a week, this was one of the better ones, the hotel looked great when I arrived early evening all lit up, the car park was big a kept well maintained, check in was easy as normal, the room was spacious and very clean air con to which was great, the price was good at just £50, they have a restaurant but a chose the find something local which I did 10min drive, they have reduced the Wifi to £3 which I much better that some other hotels, would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
merthyr
Reviewed 15 November 2011

stayed here for one night before flying out to Africa.rooms were very clean and spacious staff are really friendly and helpful.they arranged a taxi to the airport for us.we left our car here for two weeks .while we were away.the evening meal and breakfast were good value would definitley use this hotel again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bedrockMerthyr
Hartlepool UK
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Nice, clean modern hotel. Large car park but it does get quite full. Hotel description says within walking distance of NEC.. its a fair walk!! Room and bed large, bathroom nice and clean, would stay here again. But a note of caution on the restaurant attached; We booked and paid for the three course meal deal when we booked the hotel. Arrived at 7.30 only to be told no tables available at all. Only choice was to take room service. We had to collect our own meals (not really room service!) and then we received all three courses together so sat and ate a starter whilst our main was cold and dessert melted! All whilst perched on the end of the bed.. SO if you are staying here and plan on eating in the restaurant, make sure you book in advance.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed for 1 night in a Family Room prior to visiting a show at the NEC.
Room surprisingly spacious and even more surprisingly very quiet.
Staff very friendly, as I have actually come to expect from Premier properties.
Ample Free Parking - so we left the car there when we visited the NEC Show and saved ourselves £8.
Unable to comment on the quality of the food in the in-house restaurant as we chose to eat elsewhere on this occasion.
Especially recommended if you can catch this Hotel when it has special room rates available.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Me & my boyfriend were attending the Tinie Tempah gig at the LG arena Sun 6th Nov, I thought it would be handy to stay over the night in Birmingham to save driving back. And I was very pleased I had the idea!
After looking on the Premier Inn website several times to catch a Lenny Henry £29 bargain I had no luck & assumed that this was a bit of a porky!
However I managed to grab a room for the price! I think I booked it back in Aug so quite a few months before but I cannot fault the hotel for the price I paid.

It was clean, spacious, modern and for the price the Premier Inn cannot be knocked.
I wasnt sure how close the LG arena was to the hotel but after reading some reviews on here it was advised to get a taxi to the venue - glad I read them reviews because it would have been a long and dangerous walk. The taxi only cost £6 so wasnt too bad better than a 45 minute walk.

The only thing I would advise if you are going to a gig at LG arena pre-book a taxi to pick you up from outside the Crowne Plaza hotel which is just behind the LG arena after the gig. The Premier Inn had organised a gentleman to arrange taxi's to get TO the arena but when we asked him what to do to RETURN he advised us to 'just wait' and the taxi driver who dropped us off at the arena pointed out a blue bus stop in the middle of a car park and said this is where taxi's would drive past. - Wrong! Its a hectic car park NO taxi's that werent pre-booked passed here and we were left waiting for about 45 mins, in the end we followed the crowd to the outside of the Crowne Plaza where taxi's were pulling in but we were still left waiting and managed to jump in the taxi with some other guests at the Premier Inn else we could have been waiting another 45 mins!

Very happy with the price and standard of the hotel and its location for the LG arena.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stay in premier inns most weeks. This is one of the best with good friendly staff. I managed to flood (slightly) my bathroom while on the phone. the staff were great and could not have been better. Good they have introduced a reasonable price for wireless at long last too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business