“Lovely staff, very clean”

Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
PJSmart
“Lovely staff, very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Usual Premier Inn fare. Shower, for an over the bath type, was better than most. By that I mean, it was powerful, and you could move the shower head around.

Breakfast was a buffet type. Again, Premier Inn is either a buffet or ordered at the table, generally the ordered at the table one's turn out slightly better food, but this, it has to be said was passable.

The best thing about this hotel was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone I happened across was courteous, polite and helpful. Top marks for them.

1 Thank PJSmart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012 via mobile

I admit that I have never stayed in a premier inn before and, to be honest ,wasn't expecting much. If I had boooked it when I first looked could have had a room for £29, but I didn't . DOH!
We had a family room and also took the dinner and breakfast package at £22 per adult. Our arrival was smooth and friendly and our room was comfortable and spotless. The dinner in the restaurant was pub grub which we expected and was good quality with good portion sizes.
The room whilst not luxurious had everything we needed to have comfortable night. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was powerful.
The breakfast was an all you can eat buffet and puts the buffets in some more "upmarket" hotels I have stayed in to shame.
The staff without exception were very friendly, efficient and could not have been more helpfull
If this is the standard of the rest of then chain then i wouldn't hesitate to stay there again
Well done premier inn

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank FalkirkBairnStu
Cornwall, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

My first Premier Inn, chosen for convenience to NEC. It was fine - very clean, friendly staff (particularly cleaning staff and restaurant), reasonable food, large room. If I'd paid £29, I might even have given it 5*. But I paid £106.50 for B&B and the contrast with the amazing hotel we'd found in Stratford-upon-Avon the night before was too just too great. Individual, boutique, top-of-the-range quality for £110 B&B and that was the rack rate, not a special deal.

Premier Inn offers bland convenience, with the absolute minimum of services and supplies. Everything is set up to minimise their costs. And customers should return the 'compliment' by only staying there if the rate they are offered is sufficiently low. Once demand pushes up the price, find somewhere better, it should not be hard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cornish Wanderer
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Many thanks for your review. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for a few days each February for the last few years. On previous occasions we have been entirely satisfied with our stay. This year we were dissappointed with both the reception and bar staff we encountered because of their abruptness and rudeness. The hotel was up to its' usual standard of comfort and cleanliness. We were missing a comfy chair in our room and the housekeeper we asked to get one for us was very helpful and sorted this out for us immediately. Slept very well in the very comfy bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel away from the truckers park.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C H
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

From the moment we arrived this hotel shone...literally! The hotel was spotlessly clean. The food was good. The staff very attentive and helpful. Lots of car parking spaces. Excellent value. Will certainly return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eve W
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

First time at a Premier Inn. We needed somewhere near the NEC and this fitted the bill. Only a short walk to the halls which was great for us. We stayed for three nights and all in all it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean and the bed is just wonderfully comfortable. Fabulous shower. The restaurant at the hotel is really nice, with a good menu. Food was also very good. It may be 'pub grub' style as some reviewers have said, but to be honest, we could not fault it. The breakfast is £7.99 per person and very fresh, and also very nice, with plenty of choice. All the staff we found to be very pleasant. There is free Wi-Fi in room for half and hour, after that you can purchase a voucher for £3.00 for unlimited access for 24 hours. This is good. So many hotels charge a lot more for internet access. We go every year to one of the Trade Shows at the NEC, and we will most certainly stay here again.

2 Thank HFP52
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Believe it or not...I have never stayed in a Premier Inn and always avoid the big chain hotels. However I had to stay here this weekend for work purposes (trade show at the NEC)

I was so surprised! To be honest im not sure what I was expecting! The service from walking in the door until leaving was amazing! I don’t know whether its just this particular PI that is this good or if that standard of service is particular to them all?

The staff were all so cheerful and couldn’t do enough...they were all very chatty (which was good, as I was stopping alone and was very bored that evening) they all look as though they actually enjoy working there!

The room was perfect, large comfortable bed (extra points from me too for having four pillows on the bed, as I ALWAYS have to request extra pillows!) nice, clean, modern room. Lots of little helpful notices/signs everywhere! One thing that amused me was the selection of lights to choose from in the room! There must have been 8 different ones (bedsides, main ones, spotlights, mirror lights!) Also gain extra point as the bath was a nice big deep one.

I had an evening meal in the bar area, I was expecting the food to be pricey, but they had an offer '2 courses for £11' which was brilliant value and the food I had was great (standard 'pub grub' type) once again all the staff were very friendly. The waitresses actually introduce themselves which I think is a nice touch.

Breakfast-one of the best buffet style breakfasts I have had! I have stayed in some much more expensive hotels and not had breakfast as good as this! The choice was HUGE! There is no way you could say there wasn’t something for you! I even heard a guest asking for different bread as she had an allergy/intolerance and they had some in the back! There were even about 10 different fruit juices to choose from!

I left after breakfast and walked out feeling as though I had actually had an enjoyable experience rather than being on a boring work trip! If I was looking for a romantic night away or something more special then I wouldn’t stay here, I prefer small hotels. But the next time my partner and I want a cheap night away then I will definitely book a Premier Inn!

3 Thank AnitaDay