“Happy camper”

Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was a second stay here for the same NEC event and again am not disappointed. Premier Inns for me are here to serve a purpose, a nice clean air conditioned room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom and basic food service. All provided with no problems. Check in is now automatic, very straightforward. I paid about £40 in advance, also went for the £22 meal deal which gave me a three course meal in the evening and buffet breakfast in the morning, and £3 for 24 hours WiFi which enabled me to use my iPhone and iPad to get things done (like TripAdvisor reviews!). TV in room was Freeview so had a decent selection of channels. The hotel is probably the furthest from the NEC, but halls 6-20 can be reached my foot in less than ten minutes. There's a huge car park if you don't fancy the walk.
I'm not sure who would stay here except someone doing something at the NEC or flying from the airport, I could be wrong but it seems a bit limited for a weekend break. I'm also confused by some of the reviewers moaning about lack of mini bar and the like...Premier Inn are pretty transparent about what they offer, if you want a bit more luxury then don't stay there! On and there is a bar downstairs if you need a drink!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank boyvision
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stay was good - welcome was great - added bonus of free WiFi (30 mins) to clear those emails - sleep was good and undisturbed - Good Parking

1  Thank KEITH P
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stay in all standards of hotels depending on the occasion and I have to say that my experience in this Premier inn was very positive, it was clean, the bathroom was immaculate with a fantastic shower, bed huge and comfortable, check in was fast and efficient, we were early but it was not a problem. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the cleaners, the reception staff, the bar staff and the restaurant staff - all deserve a mention. I have stayed at the Hilton next to the NEC and this is a much better stay in all respects.

1  Thank EnglandComfortseeker
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here for one night as we had an early flight to catch, the hotel is large but very quiet, could not hear any slamming of doors or kids running up and down the corridors like i have experienced in some chain hotels.
On arrival we were greeted by a lovely freindly receptionist, we were quickly and efficiently checked in. The receptionist also booked our taxi for our early start to the airport and gave us good directions into Solihull touchwood centre (approx 10 mins drive)
The room was of a good size for 4 of us, the beds were soooo comfortable, the room and bathroom was very clean, we had clean soft towels and had tea/coffee making facilities.
We left our car here for a week while we were on holiday, the car-park was large and had security bannister that you have to enter numbers in to get out. There is plenty of cameras on the car-park. When we returned off holiday our car was safe and sound exactly were we left it.
Cost us £8.50 to get a taxi to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sarahandrews1706
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I attended an event at the NEC so this was the perfect location for me with free on site parking it was perfect. The staff were friendly on arrival helping me use the self check in and telling me about all the facilities available. Room was spacious and clean,beds were comfortable even though pillows were a little too soft for me personally i still had a very comfortable nights sleep. Shower was very invigorating possibly a liitle less power would have been better but it certainly woke me up. Breakfast was lovely wide choice of hot and cold and again staff all very riendly and helpful. All in all a very pleasurable stay would highly recommend.

2  Thank Stitch36
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Was attending a two day event in the NEC and having stayed in the premier last year, we decided on it again this year. 5 minutes walk to the NEC. Rooms are basic, but very clean and plenty space. Breakfast is great, loads of choice and same can be said for bar and restaurant menu, loads of choice, good quality and great deals on the menu. We couldn't fault it. Hotel itself is very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We booked this establishment for are pre flight over night room with parking and were not disappointed with the room.The check-in was quick and easy reception staff seemed to be happy to help which makes a nice change, told just park where you can find a space no need for a tag to hang from your car mirror.The room was clean and surprisingly spacious nothing was amiss just popped down to check-in for more milk for drinks and was giving some with no trouble. The bed was really comfortable and a choice of pillows makes a good nights sleep.For a busy hotel it was quiet even being nearly oppisite the 2nd floor lift/stairwell which is seperated by a door into the corridor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple