“Good stay for a good price”

Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ranked #31 of 119 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my 2 night stay as I was visiting family n friends, didn't want to give them the hassle of me staying over at theirs.

Found this hotel within my budget, clean rooms with up to date facilities.

• Stayed: February 2013
Marrissa T, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to read that you had such a good stay with us and that we met all your needs.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,164)

Reviewed 11 March 2013

All the Staff were excellent in this Hotel. They were very helpful and happy in their work. Would definitely recommend as it is very convenient to the NEC. Clean bedrooms and bathrooms though found the bed very hard. The Breakfast was fantastic. Great selection and choice and all food cooked well. However the evening food not good at all. Complete oppossitie to the breakfast standard. Everything was overcooked and presentation was dreadful. Having said this we would stay again but have our dinner elsewhere

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise that your stay was dampened by your experience in our restaurant, please be assured that I will look into the issues you have raised.

However, I am pleased that you had a a good experience overall and I look hope to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Booked two rooms here for two nights as we were going to Crufts. One room was a family room (for myself and my 4 year old) the other room a double for my Mum. When we arrived they had given us the wrong rooms. The rooms were changed to what I had booked. My sons bed was just a base of a bed with no mattress on it and my bed and my Mums bed were really hard. The pillows were small and either hard or too soft. After our first night we decided we could not stay there another night so came home. The reception staff were not really bothered that we were going going home early and there was no way of leaving a comment form. I have sent them an email and I am waiting for a responce. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EmmaVW75
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that at we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

An overnight before an early flight which worked very well.

Smooth check-in, a taxi booked for us and a room without a route march to reach it. Standard PI room with everything needed and a good amount of space. We had a pleasant pub standard meal in the restaurant.

Staff as always were exceptional. I don't know how such a big organisation has done it but there is a commitment to customer service everywhere you go with PI. Others please note!

Room Tip: Some long corridors to negotiate if you have luggage. A room near the lift didn't seem too noisy...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous 5 star review!

I was so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience staying here with us at the Premier Inn NEC.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

As usual, Premier Inn delivers quality and cleanliness. Rooms are a great size, and always a bath.This is a large hotel with plenty of parking. There is plenty of room in the restaurant. Ideal if you are visiting the NEC for any reason

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Marrissa T, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent visit to the Premier Inn NEC.

It was great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay in a room you found to be clean, roomy and comfortable.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had an amazing stay, even tho it was only for a couple of days. The room was immaculate, the shower was amazing, breakfast and dinner was delicious and the staff where very pleasant and helpful.
The one problem I had (and it wasn't the fault of the hotel) was the ignorant guests! There are notices around saying "Please consider other guests"! Unfortunately my first morning I got woken up by people slamming doors at 6am then banging there suitcases up against the walls. Second morning I got woken up at 3.30am my a man talking very loudly, so loud I thought he was in the room.
This hasn't put me off staying here again as like I said it wasn't the hotels fault, but I will probably request not to be on the ground floor next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Premier Inn NEC.

I was delighted to read that you had a "Brilliant" stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Premier Inns broadly speaking are an excellent budget hotel however for whatever reason, the Birmingham NEC/Airport hotel just isn't making the grade. With noisy nights, it's a wonder they make any money at all if they are having to refund. Just remember if you are working/exhibiting, tell them and ask to be roomed away from the bar and reception as this is open 24/7 and holiday makers, make the most of this!

Also, we only found this bit of information out after it was too late, if you have requested adjoining rooms for your stay, you have to ring the hotel the morning of your stay to request this again to ensure that they actually complete your booking correctly!

Meal deal great value for money although choice of meals pretty poor! Quality good though and staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel if you actually want to sleep or just sleep in the bar all night!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you by noise from our bar area. The bar is open until 1.30am at the latest and noise levels are monitored to avoid disturbing guests, I apologise if this wasn't done whilst you were staying with us.

However, it was great to read that the service provided by the team and the quality of food in our restaurant met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn NEC in the future.