“Top Notch Hotel!”

Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Hotel!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My wife and I spent 1 night at this hotel while in Brum for a concert @ the LG. The room was clean and comfortable and beautifully peaceful to cap it off! All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and the food in the restaurant was of a very good standard for breakfast and dinner.

The hotel is actually just off the NEC complex, however a member of staff did advise us that there is a gate you can go through which takes you onto the NEC grounds anyway (not sure how easy this would be though as it's a fair old walk) because it was quite wintery when we visited, we decided to get a taxi to and from the venue BEWARE of this though as the firms sometimes charge you a little extra on certain journeys! I did question the driver how the fare went up by 20p once he had stopped and fiddled with the meter and he claimed that it's a "standard fee because of the location"?? I did find this odd as the driver on the way down never charged us this!

Anyway the hotel does have ample free parking so it works out cheaper to stay here, park the car and get a taxi, but I think it's just a bit cheeky TBF and if it's late and you have no prior knowledge of this it can be a little annoying (ask my wife!) I actually don't mind tipping and will do so if I think the service warrants it, but for someone to assume I will pay more just because they say so is a definite no no!

We will certainly consider staying here again for any NEC event in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Marrissa T, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent visit to the LG arena.

I was very happy to read that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you
enjoyed the food served during the breakfast and dinner service. Your kind comments have been passed on to the team.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Premier Inn NEC in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
county durham
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 9pm after being booked in by work through work.

Check in took 20 mins as they couldn't find my booking, it looked like the room had been double booked. Eventually I was asked "haven't you already booked in" and "are you sure you haven't booked in?" of course I hadn't I was stood there with al my bags.

I was given the keys to a room, I opened the room and walked in and there was a women sat there on the bed, I had to apologise and went back to reception. The staff in reception found it amusing, by this point i was being to get angry. I was told to sit down, I did so for another 20mins, I went back to reception desk and complained and asked is there any rooms, the women said sorry there was no rooms and I asked her to ring her manager to see what she/he could do.

The member of staff said that they tried a couple premier inns nearby and both were busy and all the manager could suggest was if I wanted a free meal for all the hassle. They weren't allowed to book me into any other hotel even though I had paid to stay there.

What sort of customer service is this??? A free meal at 9.40pm but with nowhere to stay? They couldn't help at all and I had no where to stay. I had to drive 170 miles home, arriving at 1pm and then get up at 4.30 to get back down there as I was there for a meeting.

To top this off I have complained about this on the premier inn website and I didn't even get a response. I actually complained twice, both times no response. Your customer service in head office is disgusting and you should be ashamed.

I will never stay in this chain any more and I will also ensure that when we are booking hotel rooms for staff we always avoid premier inns on the back of this experience.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank darlodivas
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Bletchley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great Hotel , Clean , Friendly staff , room good size and good facilities .
Only Down side to using it for NEC Or L.G arena, you need to factor in Taxi's prices into the room rates ., it is too remote from the NEC to walk also there is no proper walking routes to / from NEC as this end of complex is off limits to pedestrians ,
To walk to L.G is over 40 min over roads & Fences not good. this should be in the promotion for NEC & Hotel
Hotel should provide a shuttle service to LG & NEC

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Marrissa T, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us

The NEC is located just a short walking distance from our hotel depending on what hall you are visiting. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with any future bookings.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Premier Inn NEC in the not too distant future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed at the Premier Inn as we were going to a show at the NEC. Plenty of car parking space, and check in was ideal. Staff were very polite. Our room was clean and very very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. I really like the self check in system so much quicker. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous feedback following your stay at the Premier Inn NEC. It is really appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff polite and your room clean and very comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Good service from reception staff bypassing automated check in. Breakfast was good as long and more quiet if you have a late breakfast. Many of the guests are involved in shows at the NEC so breakfast before 9 am is a bit noisy. Lively bar area, staying open until late but rooms nice a quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.

It was such a pleasure to read that you found the your room comfortable and clean and that check in was nice and easy.

We hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn NEC soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Rather a long walk to a disabled room (room 35), super wet room,( wish more places had ones like it), front of wall mounted headboard had not been dusted and mattress not the best I have slept on, heating/ac cobtrols easy to use, sliding door to wet room very noisey, (as I was alone I could leave it half open, would not want to open or close it in the dead of night, it would wake thise in other rooms), excellent breakfast and very polite staff, taxi ride to/from NEC is currently £7, booked via laterooms so got a good price, would not have paid the undiscounted rate.

Room Tip: perfect wheelchair accessable wet room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your comment with regards to your wet room/shower. I have brought the other issues you have raised to the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping teams and I can assure you that any issues experienced have been resolved.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn NEC in the not too distant future.