“Good standard of rooms”

Ranked #33 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Good standard of rooms”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had to stay here for two nights while attending the NEC. You know you are going to get a good standard of room with P.I. and this was no exception. Lovely bed, plenty of room, all mod cons, and a powerful shower (nearly knocked me off my feet!). Noise wasn't too bad considering the size of the hotel and that a lot of people are coming and going all hours of the day and night.
The restaurant wasn't so positive, although the breakfast was great. Everything there for you in the morning and staff always topping things up as they got low. However, I didn't find the evening as good. To be fair, they were busy, but there was a lot of waiting for drinks to be served and order to be taken etc although the food came out reasonably quickly. I wasn't asked if I wanted a dessert on either night, so didn't bother. The food was between okay and quite good, depending on what you had.
All in all a good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
cork
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Paid £29 for the room for myself, my daughter and her friend for McBusted concert in LG Arena. Fab room clean and comfortable. Lovely bar/restaurant and friendly staff. Very helpfull. Paid £8.75 for my breakfast which allowed the 2 girls to eat for free. Such good value and all you can eat set us up for the day! Lovely food and plenty of it. Only downside was it was a good 25 minute walk to the LG Arena - fine by day but creepy at night due to the fact that it was through 2 unlit carparks and part of the NEC. £7.00 in a taxi so that was the better option. I've stayed in Waterloo St also and my experience was also great. Had a great chat to a Dubliner working there on Saturday morning who called our taxi - such a nice and helpful man!! thanks again we will be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bielefeld
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First time staying at a Premier Inn, enticed by a well known comedian in their adverts to give it a try. Stayed as a family for a show at the NIA (20 minutes by car). The hotel is located close to the NEC and airport so beneficial to anybody attending either, however this hotel is let down by its general lack of TLC. Reception areas and restaurant are modern and well kept, not so the rooms. The general feel on route to the rooms is one of tiredness, in much need of a lick of paint. The rooms themselves are much the same and reminded me of cheap and nasty Travelodges but given we had paid more than a Travelodge price I'd expected more. However I can say the staff were always helpful and courteous and the breakfast very good. Don't be hoodwinked in to paying for parking as this is free if you just ask and register your car at reception.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We spent the night here whilst our 2 daughters went to a concert nearby. The rooms were large and clean, ours had a huge double bed, usual standard for this type of place. What I was surprisingly impressed with was the food. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and it was excellent . Good choice and quality, and not too expensive. The breakfast was also very good , the best we have had at this type of hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a lovely Premier Inn. Our room was clean, big and had everything we needed.

If you book early you can get amazing prices - we payed £29 for a twin room on the night of the McBusted show, because we booked it so early! Fantastic price, as it is a short walk from the arena.

The restaurant was great. All the staff were really friendly and polite and the service was quick even though they were busy. Food was a good price when you consider the quality - it was delicious!

I didn't sleep well, but the bed was very comfortable, so I wouldn't blame the hotel for that!

Would stay again if I ever needed easy access to the arena/NEC.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bargoed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Breakfast only real letdown. Was not busy at the time yet there was a shortage of food. Apart from this the hotel was good value for money and the room wss clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for a trip to the nec.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good clean room, I always check out the mattress where ever I stay, I dont sleep on a dirty matress at home so wouldnt pay to sleep on one whilst away, I am very fussy. Premier has a good comfort able bed with fresh clean linen. We had a good night sleep, no noise couldnt fault it. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Express check was very easy to use. Lovely buffet breakfast. Thank you Premier, we will use you again without doubt. Within easy reach of NEC by car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple