“Great Value”

Premier Inn Birmingham South (Rubery) Hotel
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Ideally situated for visiting the Cadbury area of Birmingham. Clean, comfortable rooms with really friendly courteous staff. Good on-site parking with the usual good value Brewers Fayre right on the doorstop.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Emily W, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Rubery) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello Susan
Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff and the facilities available here at Premier Inn Birmingham South Rubery.
We are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Birmingham Rubery next time you visit Cadbury World.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

very friendly people lovely clean rooms beds very comfortable and clean
loved the rooms very nice whole family had a lovely stay there was alot of us and they put us all on one floor altogether which was so nice

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting friends nearby. The room was clean and had everything that I needed. All the staff were friendly and helpful. It is not a 5* hotel but then you don't pay 5* prices. Good value for money and a good loation as there were several places to eat nearby and also ten pin bowling and the cinema.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

What a great surprise, a fantastic welcome from a really efficient and friendly receptionist, Jeane at this clean and comfortable Premier Inn. Excellent stop over hotel if visiting nearby Cadbury World with the children (or for yourself!). Also really nearby is the Midlands Safari Park so again a great hotel to stop over at if visiting these attractions.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Love staying in this hotel, the staff are wonderful and helpful, wouldnt stay anywhere else when away. The family room which i stay in with my two boys and mother are spacious clean quiet modern and warm, ive never had a problem and my boys fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow. Cant wait to go back in august 2014.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

A very food friendly welcome and good lodge. Nice clean room, all you need for a one night stay and a comfortable bed.
But......what really lets this place down is the restaurant (place to eat!) next door!
In the evening ordered the chicken and bacon pie, crust underneath was uncooked, about four small bits of chicken and bacon, swimming in a strong cheese sauce which was like water.
Small amount of side salad on the plate was again 'swimming' in the dressing.
Was hoping breakfast would be better, although the service was good the previous evening, the staff did not seem interested.
Good selection that is my only positive.
I ordered poached eggs on toast which was put on the table before I has finished my cereals etc and so ended up cold before I even started! Then I found out the the toast was not buttered and dry which was a first for me!
Do stay in the Premier, but my advice is to eat at one of the many places very nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Rubery) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We booked a two night offer to stay at this establishment as our relatives live close by. We'd stayed here previously and had never been disappointed. The offer of a room for £29 per night was spot on for us as well and we booked and paid for it in advance.

On arrival, we were recognised which is always a good sign. Our room was at the end of the corridor which, although a little inconvenient to walk to, proved to be extremely quiet as there was no one next to us on the one side and no one walking by in the corridor.

The room was properly laid out for twin beds as requested and spotlessly clean. Only one hand towel is allocated these days although another was provided when we asked at reception.

Only a small gripe from me but with the single bed, no thought is given to a bedside light. The person in the double bed is in control of the lights from the bedside - not an ideal situation, especially in the middle of the night!

I add my usual comment about the pratise Premier Inn make of putting a high quality Hypnos mattress on a flat topped divan (base). Many years ago, I worked for the technical director of a premium bedding manufacturer and actually managed a factory for them. The thought of putting such a quality mattress on a stiff board would have filled my director with horror! I slept on that mattress once again for this stay, as I had in the summer in Bournemouth, and have to say that I don't find the system to be the most comfortable I've ever experienced. We'll differ over that point I'm afraid.

My bed at home? I have a quality mattress and a sprung edge divan!

We took dinner in the adjoining restaurant on the first night and as we were early, we took advantage of the "two for £10" menu. the food was fine and the service was pretty prompt although I thought the waiter was a little too 'gushing' for tips. Because of that, he didn't get any! We thought that breakfast at £8.25 was far too much and chose instead to drive around to Morrisons who offered much the same for about half the price!

In summary, our visit was as good as ever. This Premier Inn is so easy to get to as well, just 5 minutes away fro junction 4 of the M5. We took a peep as the new Premier Inn at Longbridge while we were in the area but were put off by the charge for car parking. The thought of being able to walk to Longbridge railway station was appealing however. At Rubery, there's a cinema within walking distance as well as a Frankie and Benny's so I guess it's a matter of personal choice.

Watch this space at Longbridge however as the old Austin factory site (North Works) is under development and many new facilities will be added in the next few years. There's already a huge Sainbury's (for a good breakfast!) and a good pub (for a good lunch!).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple