“BRILLIANT.... JUST BRILLIANT !!!!!.”

PREMIER SUITES Birmingham
Ranked #80 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“BRILLIANT.... JUST BRILLIANT !!!!!.”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Just wanted to add my Ten Pence worth..... Stayed here many times and all the staff are just Supeb nothing short... Truly , Truly Fantastic..... From the wonderful Lady Manager right down to the domestic staff and even the maintanence guy. Feel really welcome everytime I stay and I would never stay anywhere else when I go to Birmingham.... Full 5 Star Marks from me!!!.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MartinH001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at Premier Apartment 2 times in April. I have stayed in many apartments when I travel so I know what to expect. And from the reviews in tripadvisor, I did had high expectation, this time I found it's even better than I had expected.
It is in the city center so it is good if you don't have a car with you or you're from abroad (like me). New street train station, Bullring shopping center, Chinese quarter and the Acadian are just next door. Walking to Broad street, Mail Box or Aston U is possible (about 20-30 minutes), taxi would cost you around 5 GBP.
There isn't 24hr. service at the front desk, so if you need to check-in or check-out before or after the office hour, you must call and they tell you what to do. There's also no daily room service. There's noise around at night or early morning but if you want to stay in the city center, you have to cope. The wifi is not free but not expensive.
My apartment (1 bedroom, 1 living+kitchen) had a lot more space than I had expected. Decoration was basic, bathroom and flooring was a little dated but everything was working and spotlessly clean. The bed and other furniture were in good condition. The new flat-sceen TV was huge.
The staffs were really nice, friendly and helpful, they let me store my luggage with them while I took a trip to London. On my second stay, they moved me to a new apartment after I complained about the smell.
The reservation was easy, the questions were answered promptly and the rate (from Premier's web) was cheaper than a hotel room.
I don't really need much service so I always prefer an apartment wherever I travel. For Birmingham, I used to stay at StayBirmingham above the Acadian (3 times).
Both apartments basically have the same layout. StayBirmingham had a more modern feel but it enforced some annoying rules, there're staffs at the frontdesk 24hr. but the staffs were not very friendly and there's always at least one thing not working. The rate was almost 30% different (this time). So if I can get this rate from Premier, I will always stay here.
I would have rated this apartment 4 stars but with its staffs, I didn't hesitate to give it 5 stars.
I highly recommend this apartment, especially for the longer stay.

Room Tip: check the Premier Apartment's website, there may be some special deals that you won't find i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank arayaBKK
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I spent 16 weeks in Birmingham on business and as such tried all the main hotels before finding this place. (we have stayed the last weeks now)
had a single apartment which has cupboard,bedroom,bathroom and lounge/kitchen.
its a great size and a lot better than a hotel.
Staff are always friendly and willing to help as much as possible.
Only negative is the noise at nights, if you are facing the street then the road is noisy, if you are facing the back then enjoy the trucks reversing from 11pm - 5am.
That said, its still less noisy than any of the hotels on Broad street (stayed in 10th floor of Jurys Inn and still got woken up as the clubs emptied).
Overall a great place to stay, great location.
If you are considering a hotel, think again. This is so much better.

Room Tip: get a room facing the Travelodge next door as quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Euan1988
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked two apartments for my sister's hen do; one double one and one single room one. On arrival we were met with a very welcoming reception and were also really pleased to hear we could check in to one of the apartments early at no extra charge. We were told that unfortunately there was no double apartment available so we had to have 3 single-room ones instead. Although this was disappointing, the lovely and very friendly staff gave us three bottles of wine on the house - much appreciated, especially as we were there for a hen weekend :-) The apartments are in a great, very handy location and perfect for the Bullring, and other key shopping areas as well as Hurst St and the Arcadian. The apartments were, as other reviews pointed out, generally lovely but slightly shabby in places, but no more so than most apartments or hotels would be in this range. At that price we thought they were a good deal, what with the spacious living areas and well-equipped kitchens. They're probably better for couples or close friends as there are only limited twins available, but if you don't mind sharing a double bed they're fine! We also found the whole building really warm, but were so busy enjoying ourselves we didn't get round to telling reception, so not really a complaint but wish we had mentioned it at the time!! We didn't have any real issues with noise in the building (hope we weren't too noisy!!) or from outside. All in all, absolutely perfect for families, friends or couples who need extra space and want to be able to cook food/lounge around during the daytime. Thanks very much!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becci B
Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We checked in around midnight and received the access code to open the entry beforehand. Because the Premier Apartments are located close to the New Street train station, we were able to walk directly to the place. The apartments are comfortably appointed with a small kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. It's not fancy but casual and more spacious than a regular hotel room.
The strange part of the room is that the doors can't be propped open without the use of something so I used my suitcase. Some of the carpet is old but the kitchen is appointed with plates, cutlery and cookware so that was convenient as well.
I would recommend the Premier Apartments as a convenient and nice place to stay in the city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kqsaipan
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed midweek for a course about 500 yards from the apartments.
Couldn't believe that in this day and age wifi was chargeable at £5 per hour... so refused to pay out of principle and sat frustrated at not being able to email when I could have used the time wisely!! Staff friendly and helpful...
However, woken initially by a car alarm blaring from the 'secure parking' hoping it wasn't mine that had been broken into!! then at 2am by the market traders, which carried on until 5am; reversing horns blaring,metal wheeled trolleys rattling and workers shouting to each other across the yard!! Needless to say I had no sleep and therefore concentration at the course extremely difficult - what a waste of £250 on the course plus travel and accommodation costs! The double glazing was totally ineffective!
Having got to my car in the secure parking area, I saw another customer cleaning up the broken glass from his vehicle; looking over the wall we could see that there are a series of ledges which any young adult can climb up easily and enter the 'secure parking' area. Much worse I think is the fact that you have to pay an extra £10 for the privilege!
On the plus side the accommodation was clean and the location central... wouldn't recommend to a friend nor stay there again I am afraid..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisB190786
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay. I should like to apologise for the inconvenience caused due to noise from the market and a car alarm.

Unfortunately a car had been broken into on the evening in question but I would like to reassure you this is a one off incident.

I was pleased to hear you found the staff helpful and the accommodation clean and I can advise that we are in the process of reviewing internet charges for our guests.

Kind Regards

Claire, General Manager
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Booked into these apartments by my company while working at the NEC. After a long day (12 hours) I was looking forward to a soak in the bath and a good nights sleep. Firstly after running the bath I found I had no shower gel or any kind of soap what so ever (my work colleague across the hall had a full compliment of shampoo and soaps provided I found out later). I then cut my foot on a piece of broken glass on the bathroom floor. After cleaning up and dressing my foot I went to make a cuppa and found the most disgusting mess of bread crumbs and other food stuffs under the bread board. At this point I decided to give it up as a bad job and head off to bed only to find a broken ear ring and long black hairs on the floor. I pulled back the bedding to check but at least the sheets looked clean !
Woken up in the early hours by drunken shouting outside, then again at 4:00am by the market traders getting ready for the working day (audible even through the closed double glazed windows) Needless to say I was exhausted next day working the stand at the NEC. I have vowed never to stay there again to the point where I have refused to work the NEC while my company insist on renting accommodation there. Many of my work Colleagues have had similar experiences there so please be warned.

• Stayed November 2011
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, I must sincerely apologise for the experience you had with us, but also concerned we were not made aware of the issue's whilst you were staying with us back in November, as I can assure you they would have been addressed immediately. All of our apartments have soap dispensers in the shower and by the hand basins; I will ensure housekeeping carry out a full audit to ensure the dispensers are present.

I do carry out audits on the apartments and the standards of housekeeping, I can assure you I do portray high standards of cleanliness any issue’s or concerns that are brought to my attention are addressed with my housekeeping company immediately.

It concerns me that your work colleagues have had similar experiences and would ask for
you to contact me directly to discuss further.

Kind Regards