“Excellent value, ideal for business or pleasure trip”

PREMIER SUITES Birmingham
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 September 2012

These apartments are roomy, clean, well located and well equipped. I stayed on the 5th (top) floor so road noise was bearable. The flat is clean and has everything you need. Located behind the Bullring shopping centre, they are within easy walking distance of shops, bars, restaurants and business centres. The Soya Cafe downstairs to the apartments was cheap and tasty. The living area is clean, airy with big windows and has comfy sofas but stunk of cigerettes as the top floor is a smoking allowed area. There was a large balcony area with great views. The kitchen is well equipped for cooking and washing. A welcome pack in the fridge and a box of thorntons chocs were lovely touches. The bedroom has a large wardrobe area. The bathroom had a decent shower and full size bath. Nothing to complain about here, the staff were friendly and helpful if there had been.

Room Tip: I stayed in 504 top floor - balcony gave a great view but was shared with next door
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ladykaz
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay at Premier Apartments Birmingham, it's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay with us. 504 & 505 are excellent for the views across the city and also the extra benefit of the walk out balcony. We are ideally situated for all amenities and glad you found your way around easily. Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope I can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Spotlessly clean and very well appointed. Very central location so some noise but not a major problem. Wonderful friendly staff both on reception and at night. Big apartment with a well kitted kitchen. Wonderful. Well done all. Only downside no aircon.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Becky H

Thank you for your lovely review, great scoring 5/5.
Excellent comments on my team, I will ensure all of my team are aware of your feedback.
I hope I can welcome you back soon, maybe you would like to try one of our other Locations:-
London, Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool, Sheffield.

Once again thank you for the Great Review

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here for one night in July. NIce big apartment. Very reasonable price. Location excellent for shopping, market and nightlife. Had reservations as previous reviewers had complained about the market noise..did not hear much noise but did have the windows closed as was not a hot noise. Paid for parking which is on site - this wasn't great as more cars in the area than spaces but managed to park albeit not in a bay

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coffeebeanwokingham

Thank you for taking the time to feedback, in particular your great scoring of 5/5.
It's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay and the Bullring shopping, Bars & Restaurants.
Thank you for bringing to my attention the on-site car park, we are in the process of buying car park bollards to stop people parking in the wrong bays, you will be issued with a key and that will be your space throughout your stay.

Once again thank you for the great review

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I initially booked a twin room, non smoking as I am allergic to smoke, upon arrival I was put into a twin smoking room. When I asked to be moved I was told that they had no rooms left and that I can have a double room on the non smoking floor but as I was with my good University friend and not my partner I declined. They said that they would put a machine to suck out the smell but upon returning after a shopping trip I was told that it had broken down but they had sprayed air freshener and opened the windows.
Everything else in the apartment was very good, beds were comfortable, cooking facilities were good and had everything we needed for self catering although no corkscrew could be found!
The staff were all very very nice and seemed to be very helpful. In the evenings there was a security guard on duty so we all felt quite safe.
The only major drawback from my experience was that as I needed the windows open all night due to the heat and the smoke smell it was very noisy as a consequence. As we were right in the centre of Birmingham the noise was constant all night, either people until the early hours and then cars. Brummies like to beep their horns whilst driving for some reason!

Room Tip: Make sure you book early if you want non smoking apartments!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zung T
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to feedback, firstly please let me apologise in allocating you a smoking apartment, unfortunatley I only have 4 apartments that can be made into twins, and only one of those is none smoking, this may be something I need to address in the near future.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my team I will ensure they are made aware of your feedback.
I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Claire Knapton

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Just wanted to add my Ten Pence worth..... Stayed here many times and all the staff are just Supeb nothing short... Truly , Truly Fantastic..... From the wonderful Lady Manager right down to the domestic staff and even the maintanence guy. Feel really welcome everytime I stay and I would never stay anywhere else when I go to Birmingham.... Full 5 Star Marks from me!!!.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MartinH001
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at Premier Apartment 2 times in April. I have stayed in many apartments when I travel so I know what to expect. And from the reviews in tripadvisor, I did had high expectation, this time I found it's even better than I had expected.
It is in the city center so it is good if you don't have a car with you or you're from abroad (like me). New street train station, Bullring shopping center, Chinese quarter and the Acadian are just next door. Walking to Broad street, Mail Box or Aston U is possible (about 20-30 minutes), taxi would cost you around 5 GBP.
There isn't 24hr. service at the front desk, so if you need to check-in or check-out before or after the office hour, you must call and they tell you what to do. There's also no daily room service. There's noise around at night or early morning but if you want to stay in the city center, you have to cope. The wifi is not free but not expensive.
My apartment (1 bedroom, 1 living+kitchen) had a lot more space than I had expected. Decoration was basic, bathroom and flooring was a little dated but everything was working and spotlessly clean. The bed and other furniture were in good condition. The new flat-sceen TV was huge.
The staffs were really nice, friendly and helpful, they let me store my luggage with them while I took a trip to London. On my second stay, they moved me to a new apartment after I complained about the smell.
The reservation was easy, the questions were answered promptly and the rate (from Premier's web) was cheaper than a hotel room.
I don't really need much service so I always prefer an apartment wherever I travel. For Birmingham, I used to stay at StayBirmingham above the Acadian (3 times).
Both apartments basically have the same layout. StayBirmingham had a more modern feel but it enforced some annoying rules, there're staffs at the frontdesk 24hr. but the staffs were not very friendly and there's always at least one thing not working. The rate was almost 30% different (this time). So if I can get this rate from Premier, I will always stay here.
I would have rated this apartment 4 stars but with its staffs, I didn't hesitate to give it 5 stars.
I highly recommend this apartment, especially for the longer stay.

Room Tip: check the Premier Apartment's website, there may be some special deals that you won't find i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank arayaBKK
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I spent 16 weeks in Birmingham on business and as such tried all the main hotels before finding this place. (we have stayed the last weeks now)
had a single apartment which has cupboard,bedroom,bathroom and lounge/kitchen.
its a great size and a lot better than a hotel.
Staff are always friendly and willing to help as much as possible.
Only negative is the noise at nights, if you are facing the street then the road is noisy, if you are facing the back then enjoy the trucks reversing from 11pm - 5am.
That said, its still less noisy than any of the hotels on Broad street (stayed in 10th floor of Jurys Inn and still got woken up as the clubs emptied).
Overall a great place to stay, great location.
If you are considering a hotel, think again. This is so much better.

Room Tip: get a room facing the Travelodge next door as quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business