“Friendly helpful staff, great location, always happy here!”

PREMIER SUITES Birmingham
Ranked #80 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly helpful staff, great location, always happy here!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here on a few occasions now and have never had a bad visit. We have just returned from a 2 night stay for my 30th birthday to have a shopping trip and everything was as lovely and spot on as it always has been. The service is exceptional and has been on every visit. Last year we had to cancel a trip on the day as I caught a sickness bug, the receptionist my husband spoke to suggested it could simply be rearranged with no added cost at another date which we did for a week or so later with absolutely no hassle.
The location is perfect for us as we come here for shopping and I don't think there is anywhere better to stay for this as it is practically on the doorstep of the Bull Ring.
We also noticed walls being painted and the manager explained that apartments were having new bath panels and flooring at the moment which is always good to see, none of which caused any disruption to our stay and we are looking forward to booking our next visit for Christmas shopping in November.

• Stayed September 2013
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for the full 5/5 scoring, thank you for such a lovely review.
I will ensure all my team are aware of your great feedback

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming back in November, make a date in your diary the Frankfurt Christmas Markets start on the 14th November, not long now and Christmas is just around the corner.

Claire , GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I booked the premier apartments for a one night break in Birmingham with my partner. Paid £65 which I thought was fair as many apartments and hotels in the city centre were charging more. Check in was efficient with a £250 deposit required which we already knew about. The apartments were modern with laminate flooring and decent sized rooms. We discovered our tv wasn't working and called reception who were polite and prompt, fixing this whilst we were out. The living area was very warm initially, but there was a small balcony with doors we were able to open. The bedroom was also very warm and we saw when leaving the apartment that there's a fan in a cupboard, and that's definitely needed. Pots and pans, cutlery and even washing up liquid is provided too which is absolutely great. The bathroom has a bath and a shower attachment which we liked. However there was a hair in the toilet and another on the side of the bath which was not very pleasant and meant we gave this a clean ourselves before using. The kettle was also greasy, and hadn't been wiped down after the previous guests. Cleanliness is pretty important to us and so this was a bummer. This really was a shame as the apartments were fab and a nice alternative to staying in a hotel.
Overall however, good location and nice apartments; with no noise heard from neighbours. Would stay again

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, Thank you for the great scoring.
please let me apologize for the hairs in the bathroom I can assure you this is not the standard I portray and this will be feed back to my housekeeping team to address.

I hope I can welcome you back soon

Tias, Spain
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The slightly tacky exterior belies a spacious and comfortable set of apartments (mine was one bedroom on the 5th/top floor - 503). Good points: very well-equipped kitchen, friendly and helpful staff (especially Miriam), location - close to railway stations, coach station and Bullring Shopping Centre. Not so good points: with the exception of the bathroom, all the doors were on springs, which drove me to distraction! The bed was a little soft, but I appreciate that this was down to my individual taste.

Each apartment has a direct phone line for people to call you, but you'll need to ask reception for this.

Room Tip: As the apartments look out onto quite a busy road, it may be worth going as high as possible. At nig...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review, I will ensure I ask maintenance to check the doors in the apartment to address the noise.

I hope I can welcome you back in the near future

Claire, GM
Sutton in Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed for 1 week in the premier apartments behind the bull ring. Unfortunately lacked parking spaces and the market loading seemed to be happening all night. Very basic but accommodating to say the least. Perhaps could do with rebranding, otherwise pretty basic.

Oh, make sure you try and check in before they close the reception or at least contact them or you won't get in!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay, i'm sorry we do only have 9 car park spaces for the building and advanced bookings are advised. We have a lot of guests check in out of hours, if we are informed they are going to arrive late we forward instructions on late check-in, I appreciate all guests cannot contact us or even know they may be late so we provide a emergency number on the door so contact can be made and talked through our late check-in procedure.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future

Kind Regards

Claire Knapton (General Manager)
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed last week on business, shared the apartment with a colleague. On check in we asked if we could book breakfast for the following morning. We were told 24 hours notice was needed in order to book breakfast. Laughable really when it's only a continental breakfast available, not a cooked one!

When I've stayed in similar apartments there has been an ensuite so I was disappointed there was only 1 bathroom. Despite it not being too hot outside, the apartment was uncomfortably hot. The living area absolutely stank of stale smoke, and we couldn't leave the outside doors open to air it, as it was a shared balcony with another apartment. The apartment was at the back of the building, so was noisy, and outside smelled of what only can be described as bin juice. The carpet in the bedrooms was grubby too.

On the plus side, there was a socket at the bedside which isn't always the case, and the staff were friendly. Great location for the Bullring

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the building, away from the market and the bins!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, please let me apologize for the apartment smelling of smoke, we are in the process of changing more apartments to non-smoking. We do have 3 x 2 bedroom apartments that have a main bathroom and a en-suite, unfortunately the other 8 only do have the main bathroom.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future but please ensure you ask if 206 / 306 / 406 are available for the 2 bathrooms

Claire Knapton, General Manager
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over the August bank holiday weekend. Perfect location, there is a Spar shop beneath the apartments for all you need for a self catering weekend. There is also a Chinese restaurant beneath. The bullring is a 5 minute walk.

We asked for a no smoking apartment but in honesty when we arrived in the room it did stink of smoke, but we quickly aired it by opened the doors to the outside. The bed was really comfortable as was the sofas.

No noise from outside at all, we were in room 503 facing the bullring.

Would recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for the great scoring 5/5, it's lovely to read you had a great weekend, apologies your apartment smelt of smoke on arrival I will ensure housekeeping are informed to ensure apartments are aired before arrival, we do also have a procedure in place that if guests are smoking in non-smoking apartments we do apply a fee to deter this.

Once again thank you for your great feedback and I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I enjoyed my stayed with my family. Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff; friendly and helpful receptionists, housekeeper, manger etc. We booked a 1 bed apartment and happened to walk past a past another 1 bed apartment which was bigger. We requested a move to the bigger one and the staff were happy to grant our request. All our other requests were granted quickly. Although we stayed on a smoking floor, we didn’t really smell anything.

One thing though, those beds are too soft and a few springs on the camp beds were missing, so we didn’t enjoy our sleep quite as much as we could have.

Room tip – ask for a room facing the Bull Ring – beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Room tip – ask for a room facing the Bull Ring – beautiful scenery.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lady T
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I will ensure all my team are aware on the lovely comments. We are in the process of changing our Z beds to the air beds which prove to be a lot more comfortable.

Once again thank you for the great review and I hope I can welcome you back soon