“Lots of space and great location, just needs some TLC”

PREMIER SUITES Birmingham
Ranked #81 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here before Christmas 2013. The apartment was spacious but needed some TLC.

There were burn marks on the coffee table and in the kitchen. The bed was terrible, you both just roll into the centre of the bed. The windows were great as they stopped any noise from the busy road below. The staff were not overly friendly, the elevator broke down but was repaired and working the same day.

For location it is great, the parking we paid £12 per day. They state secure parking, but most of the people using it do not close the gate. So it is secure when the gate is closed as it locks magnetically, otherwise as we found the gate is open 24/7.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the front as the back view is of bins. Even though it was December I opened...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay with us, i'm sorry to read your experience with us and the standard of apartment with the damage, we do have a rolling maintenance program in place and a contract in place to attend to the burn marks which are planned for mid January. We do normally get compliments on a good nights sleep so I will ensure the mattress is checked.

We are in a great location and ensure you we do take all comments on board and act immediately.
Once again thank you for bringing these points to my attention.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday on the 21st December. The rooms were immaculately clean and well equipped. The reception staff were very efficient and helpful, we were also lucky enough to have a room with a huge patio/balcony with views all over the city.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank charleycharlez

Thank you for the full score 5/5, It's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay and that my team were really friendly.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at Premier Apartments, Birmingham for the first time 13-17 December. We were visiting from Perthshire, and were both delighted with the quality of the accommodation, It was her first trip to Birmingham and with me being from the area, and acting as her tour guide, we had a very busy schedule. There was no requirement for a luxurious hotel, and Premier Apartments proved to be real home from home! Whilst I am a very early riser, she is not, so an apartment is alway a better alternative for us. Located in the Chinese Quarter on the Southside, Premier Apartments provided a perfect base for exploring the vibrant city centre and further afield. All of the staff were extremely friendly and professional, and we will have no hesitation in booking again for our next trip.

Thre is a convenience store next door for all you basics,but with all the splendid Chinese restaurants nearby, we definitely would NOT reccommend the poor quality Cafe Soya (also next door).

Tony A.

Room Tip: Although the markets area is adjacent, you can keep early morning noise levels down by requesting an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review on your recent stay, 5/5 scoring.
It's lovely to read you enjoyed your experience with us and that we offered the home from home experience.
Thank you for the lovely feedback on my team which I will ensure they are all made aware of

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was booked into this property by my travel agent because all hotels in the area were fully booked. The day after my stay I phoned my travel agent and asked her to marry me!

This is a fantastic alternative to the traditional hotel and much much cheaper too!

I was in a one bedroom apartment and it was fantastic, a great size with all the home comforts that you need as a businessman constantly on the road.

The apartment had a good size living area, wonderful kitchen, fair sized bedroom and a great bathroom with bath and shower.

I arrived late (10pm) and there was a note on the door advising to call for the code to enter, this was done easily and within 5 minutes I was in the room...much quicker than most hotels!

The property is a 2 minute walk from Chinatown and there are a load of good places to eat if you do not want to cook yourself.

I am not going to tell you how much I paid for the night, but, it was cheaper that a Travelodge and the quality was 10 times better.

I have already booked my next stay there for this week and anyone who has read my previous reviews will know that is a great endorsement as I am quite difficult to please :o)

Anyway...give them a try when you are in Birmingham next...you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The property has smoking and non smoking rooms available
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Welshtraveller36

Thank you for your great scoring 5/5, what a lovely review, I will ensure all my team are aware of your feedback.

Once again thank you and I look forward in welcoming you back soon

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked an apartment for myself as the price was excellent however an hour or so's drive away from arriving, I got a call from the reception saying that they were closing for the night at 9pm and they would leave my sign in details and room key for collection - and that they upgraded me to a large apartment!

This was much appreciated and the entry through the security door and gaining my room key was smooth and hassle free. The apartment I got had 2 large bedrooms - one with ensuite, a main bathroom and an open plan kitchen and lounge/tv area. All a bit much just for me on my own but it was nice to have the space.

There is a convenience store at the bottom of the building but I would not recommended it for anything other than basics - I'd walk abit further and find something fresher and better quality for dinner.

Overall my stay was enjoyable - but do be aware it can be quite noisy - there is a market right next door and all night I could hear forklift trucks whizzing around and deliveries being received at all hours, particularly loud in the early hours, say 5am onwards. So take ear plugs! This was my only negative aspect of my stay and perhaps is to be expected in a large city centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us, apologies about the noise from the market area, hopefully they will be relocating at some point this year which will be great for our location.

Once again thank you for posting a review

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked the apartment as I found myself at a work function and my usual hotel was fully booked. I am glad it was. The location was perfect just behind the Rag Market, the staff helpful and friendly. I requested room 503 after reading on here that it was very good for a quiet room which it was. The rooms were of a good size and clean, only negative aspect was the furniture had the smell of stale smoke in the lounge as it is a smoking apartment, it wasn't noticeable with the window open but once you close it, it was also noticeable and the entrance hallway had the same smoke smell. I am a non smoker so probably noticed it more. The bedroom did not have this lingering smell, so it meant we were able to get a good nights sleep.
I highly recommend City Nites and the helpful staff but next time as a non smoker I shall be requesting a non smoking room. Not there fault I was in a smoking room as I asked for it by room number specifically not realizing it was a smoking room.

1  Thank Stephen H
premaptsbristol, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Flori Carp
Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend and really thought this was great value. Separate bedroom and lounge/ kitchen, very clean and right in Central Birmingham. Helpful and friendly staff and really importantly it was a real comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for the lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us

Claire, General Manager