“Fantastic!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Walsall
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Staying here in March when going to a concert at the NIA. We were greeted by some really helpful reception staff who sorted our parking space for us. We then checked in & went to our room. It was spacious, clean & had a fabulous roof terrace. I was extremely impressed & will definitely stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay, we are a great base for most of the major events in Birmingham.
Thank you for the great feedback on the team I will ensure they are all aware

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Claire, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We use this venue a lot as part of my companies business trips when we visit Birmingham and often stay at their alternative sites.

We have a great relationship with their team and they are friendly. There is a lot of space in the room and the living room. Just check to make sure that you have enough kitchen equipment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, Excellent scoring 5/5.
It's great that you also visit our other sites

I hope I can welcome you back soon

Claire Knapton, General Manager
Grayshott, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here in March 2014 for a week for a business trip. I thought that self-catering would be a good choice and the Premier Apartments was just around the corner of the customer, so the location was excellent.

The value is great, however my apartment felt like it hadn't been touched or cleaned in 20 years. There were unidentifiable stains everywhere - on the walls, the bathroom tiles, the upholstery and burn marks on the table and kitchen. The kitchen utensils had thick marks of grease, the fridge was stained and the overall smell reminded me of an Asian restaurant. I am not a picky person, but I really didn't want to touch anything and the constant smell of food that might have been cooked here previously was nauseating. This place could be a gem, if it would be maintained and little updated. Decor and furnishings were okay, but a little dated and might be reaching end of life.

My room was towards a truck packing zone on the back and for some people this might be off putting as there is truck loading/unloading all night, however it didn't bother me, as I do like some background noises. For self-caterers, there is a Spar convenient store just next door and a Tesco just down the road.

The location, while very convenient and central, is not the best. I could smell pot during my entire visit once you step out on the street.

Staff was friendly, professional and courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
premaptsbristol, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 21 October 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am really sorry that the cleanliness was not up to your standards, I have passed your comments to the housekeeping department and further training will take place. I hope your experience won't deter you from using our apartments in the future.

Kind Regards,

Flori Carp
Cluster General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I wondered on my evening return to the rooms why my bed was unmade and my used tea cups were not replaced. I asked and was told 'you only get your room serviced if you stay for 7 days or more'. So much for 'serviced' then.
The apartments should surely better be described as 'student accomodation': there is a claustrophobic bedroom, a kitchenette with a genuine antique hob and a living room. The loo has no natural daylight, the pan was loose and an extractor fan that sounds like Concorde taxiing for take-off.
The whole fabric of the room says 'cheap & nasty'; the laminate flooring is cheap quality and the joins are blown, so too the kitchen worktop. If you like bland white walls everywhere you'll be in your element. The TV - well this is the first time for a long time I've seen a cathode ray tube TV outside of a museum and with volume that's a whisper. Air conditioning? - open a window (ignore the noise & fumes). I could not find a solid internal wall, all seem to be timber frame and all act like a sound-box, such that when someone at the end of the corridor slams a door, the noise travels through your headboard.
The apartments are located in a scenic part of town with the meat and fish market conveniently downwind over the road, and boasting panoramic views of the Travel Lodge to the side. At the rear is the rubbish skip area for the other market stalls in the area. You are totally overlooked by dozens of Travel Lodge rooms - and there are no net curtains on the patio doors - please try not to frighten the neighbours. My rioom on the first floor was above the karaoke bar, and the roof area outside my patio doors was strewn with cigarette ends. Quite disgusting.
The room rate for tonight (7th April 2014) is £77. I question an early reviewer whether this represents better value than a hotel, where you don't have to wander the streets looking for a greasy grill breakfast joint, where your bed is made every day and where service usually means 'proper' service. There are better. Ask any student.

Room Tip: To get a good room: ask not to be put at the front (main road and markets), don't get a room on...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Premier Apartments Birmingham, I’m sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay with us, as discussed on departure we offer limited service and would not enter your apartment unless asked as once checked in one of the great selling points of apartments is the privacy of the guest and the home form home experience.

We have a rolling Maintenance programme in place and are pro-active in replacing items when needed, we are in the process of having a coloured wall in the bedrooms to veer away from all white walls, however the white walls are easy to maintain when a freshen up is needed.

Once again I’m sorry to read you did not like the concept of serviced apartments.

Claire Knapton
Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

When visiting a city for a break we have started staying in serviced apartments as opposed to hotels. They are far more spacious, comfortable and enable you to get up & go to bed when you want without having to worry about missing breakfast or being woken by the maid. If you don't fancy going out then you can order a takeway.
We stayed in the Premier Apartments in Bristol last summer and they were brilliant so when we decided on a city break to Birmingham they were an obvious choice.
The Bristol apartments were quite upmarket but this is not really the case with the Birmingham ones. To start with although near the Bull Ring they are actually surrounded on three sides by the market areas so some of the views from the windows were of skips and the like. On the plus side Dean Street is on the very edge of the Chinese district with all the restaurants and there is a Spar next door so you can stock up on chocolate, beer & crisps!!
We managed to get one of the reserved parking spaces and this was really convienient.
As previous reviewers have mentioned the apartments could do with a little TLC; our sofa had seen better days and the bed had a roll togther mattress.
Staff were really friendly though and could'nt do enough and the flat was spotless

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us, we are in a prime location with all you need in walking distance, the markets are due to relocate and from what we can see of the plans for the area this will put us in the ideal location of Birmingham.
We do have a rolling maintenance plan in place and replacement program which is on-going.
Thank you for the lovely feedback on the team i will ensure they are all aware of your feedback.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future

Claire, GM
limerick
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Premier Apartments have a great location in Birmingham City. Having checked them out on trip advisor, i followed the room tip to ask for a quiet apartment, located away from the Market. To ensure my request would be met, i telephoned 3 days prior to our check in date. I explained to Lucy that we were working long hours for the week in Birmingham for a week and rest was absolutely necessary. I also advised we would be checking in at 6pm which we did.
Our apartment was spacious, and comfortable but shabby. Cigarette burns was noted on the coffee table even tho it was supposed to be a non smoking apartment. The apartment overlooked a loading area which appeared very calm at night. However to our horror, this was the loading bay for the market, and the garbage collection area for the market. From 3am, activity started, loading, unloading, trucks coming and going, people shouting orders and directions. We hoped this would be for only one morning but it continued all week. As we away each day at the NEC from 8am-7pm, we were too exhausted to complain and move all our gear.
I was very disappointed. We had requested a quiet apartment in writing, and by phone, and advised Lucy of our check in time. When we did complain to reception, they made the excuse, that we checked in late. Premier Apartments were informed of our request and arrival time.
What would it take to have this request attended to ?

Room Tip: Request a quiet room in writing, and by repeated telephone calls prior to check in. If your apartmen...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo B
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review, I'm sorry to read your requests were not met, I know I spoke with you on departure and apologised that you were not allocated a non-market side apartment.
As discussed I have made notes on your profile to ensure this will not happen again, please ensure you e-mail me directly from the details on my card with your dates and requests and I will ensure these are met.

once again my sincere apologises, I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Claire, General Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Booked late for a conference in Birmingham and couldn't find a decent hotel for less than £120 per night. Ok, so no room service and no breakfast but to be honest, I rarely eat in the hotels or have time to sit down in the morning. So why pay for these?
Spacious one bed apartment, good facilities, clean ... kitchen to make dinner if you so wish but useful for tea and toast in the morning, while getting ready.

Polite staff ...

Only downside is the limited parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, Thank you for the great feedback, we can provide a continental breakfast for the cost of £5 per person.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future