“Superb, great location, good staff”

and 1 more site!
The Briar Rose Hotel
Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Superb, great location, good staff”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I couldn't fault this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised how good, and what high standards the rooms are at.

• Stayed October 2011
BriarRosehotel, Receptionist at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2015
Dear alanhardwick,

The Briar Rose Hotel Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Wollaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here on a Friday/Saturday night in October. The Briar Rose is within walking distance of all city attractions, we walked to a concert at the O2 Academy, Bull Ring, Mailbox, Brindley Place Canal and all were easily found. You can have a good cheap breakfast in the Wetherspoons downstairs. Rooms were clean, had coffee making facilities, hair dryer, tv. Only complaint is that the soap dispenser was empty in the shower and there were no cups in the bathroom for your toothbrush - however for the price, can't fault it!! Would stay here again when in Birmingham.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kabelgirl
Dear Kabelgirl,

Notts
Reviewed 16 October 2011

As other reviewers have said, this is a decent B&B above a weatherspoons pub.

The only problem was a rather noisy extractor fan during the night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear David1964,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and please accept our apologies for any noise disturbance you encountered during your stay with us.

Wales
Reviewed 6 October 2011

For the price, refreshing change from Travelodge etc. Couldn't ask or expect more

• Stayed October 2011
Dear lexwyn,

newport
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband stayed in this wetherlodge as my daughter was in the childrens hospital. This hotel is about a 5/10 minute walk to the childrens hospital. Turn right out of the hotel right onto Waterloo road and keep going straight you will pass the cathedral keep going straight and you will be by the hospital. Right if you are one of the lucky ones coming for a city centre break this hotel is great for you too. Slap bang in the centre of the city. If you turn left out of the hotel there are a number of bars shops end restaurants. Checking into the room was very smooth, the hotel sent me an email a few days before my say just to check if I wanted a twin or double room. The rooms are lovely a big double bed I think two twins pushed together wardrobe to hang close a dressing table mirror hairdryer and a what's on guide around Birmingham. The bathroom has a bath with a shower over the top lovely hot showers. The room was very clean. Breakfast is served from 7.00 am in wetherpoons pub cheap and nice. Would I stay here again yes I would. Great value for money. Just a little tip the longer you leave to book the room the price drops. Husband stayed here for £88.00 for 2 nights not bad for a city centre hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear NewportTaffy,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Despite having two goes at checking in my stay in this hotel was good.
I arrived around one o clock and there was nobody at the reception desk, a sign directed me into the bar.I eventually got to speak to the duty manager who told me to go back to reception and he would be with me soon. I waited 20 minutes then left and went to my meeting. Check in time is 2pm but i wanted to leave my bag there.
My second try at check in later went fine and my room was very nice. I was there with two colleagues and we had a look at each others rooms, all very nice and different styles.
My room (203) was spacious with a lovely big sofa. Comfy bed and a nice big mug for in room tea/coffee.
The comedy moment came while trying to get in and out of the bath which has a high and wide side. I am only 5 ft tall and could not physically fling my leg over the side so had to do some tai chi to get in the bath. Its a lot easier getting in than out! Please can I have a step next time??
Breakfast was very varied and great value, taken in Wetherspoons pub. The staff were very efficient and the sausage butty , a special treat to get over the bath trauma (!),was ace.
Intend to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear honeycat2307,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for any issues you encountered during whilst checking in with us.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2011

During September myself and three friends visited the Autumn Fair at the NEC in Birmingham. We chose The Briar Rose Hotel because it is only a couple of minutes walk from New Street Station and also because of it's position right in the centre of the city.
Checking into the hotel was very smooth indeed and was done by one of the most pleasant and efficient receptionists I have ever encounted; I wish I had made a note of his name in order to give him full credit.
The rooms we occupied were stylishly decorated and very comfortable indeed, much to the surprise of my friends who had needed convincing that it was a good idea to stay at a Wetherspoons Hotel. I was able to reassure them as I had stayed at the hotel previously and after their stay they were completely converted.
Breakfast is served in the ground floor bar and can be as much or as little as you wish.
Would I recommend the Briar Rose? Definitely.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front as the rooms at the back of the hotel do not have much of a view.